Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

worst place to work
Assistant Planner- Planning Women's Ready To Wear (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
terrible work/life balance and company culture. management is the worst ever, no room to grow, advance or achieve anything in this environment. very sad place to work.
Very boring store
Sales Associate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 19, 2018
A typical day went by very slow, the traffic in the store is extremely low making it very boring and tedious, the retail hours and the random schedule was very difficult to follow trying to maintain a healthy work and home life. The store is very pretty and being around fashion helps employees to learn how to dress fashionable, the discounts for employees were a perk and very tempting for spending a good amount of the earnings trying to dress accordingly with their dress code.
Pros
Pretty store
Cons
too slow not enough traffic
A lot of changes
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
There a lot of changes going on and its too early to tell if its good or bad. A lot is being invested in the structure but I feel more should be invested in the people of the company.
Pros
management willing to work with you
Cons
pay
learning the business
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Being a stock associate taught me a look about the business doing inventory display the merchandise on the selling floor making sure the everything is price right with sku#.Learning selling technique from the salesman on the floor.
good for college students
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate/ Mens Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2018
Flexible schedule is good for college kids, aside from that I wouldn't recommend this place. Too negative and toxic of an environment. Not just because of management and associates but customers play a big role in this too.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate Designer Handbags (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2018
Saks really pulls you into their culture. You meet lots of interesting people and the company allows you to work with them through out the store. Its a young, hip, and fun job!! They really encourage you to have fun at work. They also respect their employees and will go to bat for them.
Pros
Great work environment. always upbeat and fun!!
Cons
Standing on concrete floors can take a toll on the body.
Great store, nice location
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2018
I love the merchandise that the store carries. All great designers ..
Managers are really nice but some of the employees are very snooty . Overall I think the store is too small for all the merchandise
Pros
With positive attitude you could do well in there
Cons
Working on commission only bring anxiety
Awesome place to work
WARDROBE STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2018
Saks fifth avenue was definitely the best working atmosphere ive ever been apart of. The management staff was always friendly and willing to lend a helping hand.
Pleasnt and competitive
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
I worked as a makeup artist, at Saks Fifth Avenue Atlanta Georgia1995 to 1997 and was assigned to a makeup line. I represented the one line, within the department store. It was hard work, because I was promoting and introducing a new cosmetic line.
I was working in a Saks Fifth Avenue, in
Santa Barbara, California, 1998-2013 as a vendor but not an employee. I received a discount, and was able to access the register, as a guest vendor, courtesy of the Store Manager.
Pros
Good clientele, and pleasant workplace
Cons
slow store. Not much foot traffic, and had to work hard with other departments to build a clientele
Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJuly 3, 2018
Saks is a great place for people who are passionate about working in the fashion industry. It is also a landing place for people who are new to the fashion world.
It's a stepping stone job not a career.
Associate (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNJuly 3, 2018
For the majority of the time you are here you end up doing someone else's job and don't get paid for it. There is very little opportunity for advancement. Some management is great while others are definitely lacking. It is definitely not the place I would try to make a career out of lack of hours and hourly pay make it very difficult to survive.
Entry level with no growth within the ecom world
Sample Assistant (Current Employee) –  PaJuly 2, 2018
Lots of empty promises. Told that there is room to grow when hired. Lots of opportunities arise but no one gets promoted. We get told we don’t know our jobs to get promoted
Co-workers were friendly and polite
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NY 11530June 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Saks Fifth, especially the culture. The employees were kind and caring, they wanted everyone to succeed. Everyone got along, the only issues were that inconsistency surrounding management.
Before Hudson
Designated Sales Specialist, Men's Timepieces (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
Had a lovely time working here in the mens department. This was prior to the merger with Hudson's Bay Company so much has undoubtedly changed. Great discount.
Intense, somewhat stressful place to work but offers game rooms to unwind
Fraud/Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 22, 2018
The company offers a game room to rest your mind and play games. However, since HBC took over things seem more about advancing the top people but not trickling the success down to the average everyday employees that make it possible. The workload is high and so is the retention/turnover rate. I used to enjoy my job but the demand is high without reasonable expectations.
Pros
food served often, game rooms
Cons
high healthcare deductible, stressful work environment
na
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
not a great company. too many teams, can't get anything done from start to finish within marketing. benefits are not good and location is inconvenient. no work life balance
Excellent
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 21, 2018
Opened accounts, customer service, authorized charges. Answered over 100 calls a day. Received the customer service excellence reward several times in competition with over 100 other employees
no longer exists
Planner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 19, 2018
I actually worked for Saks Incorporated Northern Department Store Group, which was bought by BonTon Stores Inc. Saks was a fine place to work, with a great group of people.
Review
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 11, 2018
The environment is very paced. I have learned to manage a team and improve quality of work. I also learned many aspects to Information Technology. I was able to learn more about Network monitoring.
Pros
The discount was very good.
Cons
Working all holidays and weekends was not favorable.
Saks Handbag
Seeking Employment (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2018
Saks worked will for me for a few years and I ended up getting a job with another brand through management, although I had to work very hard for that on my own with minimal additional support at time. Previous efforts to climb the ladder within the company were not met so I found another route.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saks Fifth Avenue. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight