Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,219 reviews matching the search See all 1,265 reviews
Productive place to work highly competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 15, 2018
Productive place to work highly competitiveLike the people that I work with but very aggressive sellers it was like working with the best of the best the switch on the tissue good place to work
Fun at Saks
CREDIT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 14, 2018
The teams were close knit. There was a company field day every year. Employee birthday were celebrated monthly. The employee discount was decent. Overall, a friendly bunch.
Saks
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 9, 2018
Saks is an amazing place to work and grow. They offered bonuses, which shows the company appreciate the work of the others. It is easy to be promoted. I would recommend this job to anyone. Training with this company prepares you for the job on the floor!! The staff is friendly. This is an amazing place to work!
Designer Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 9, 2018
Good place to work in designer clothing. Good place to build client book. Good place to learn about the art of selling, as I did. Good introduction into designer clothing brands.
Amazing Place!
Beauty & Fragrance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 8, 2018
One of the best companies to work for. As a leader I’m allowed to run my Departments the way I see fit. It’s a blessing to be able to leverage my management style.
No Comment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 3, 2018
I worked for Saks in New York for Christmas.
I loved the store and the atmosphere.
I learned that each store is different and the spirit is not always the same., but I do love the store.
Just fine
STYLING ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 3, 2018
Love most of the people I work wih directly. Some okder managers have no business working in fashion, have poor social skills and helicopter you ger employees. Pay not great, discount amazing.
the place sucks
Sales - Designer Shoes (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTAugust 3, 2018
commission environment with cut-throat. tenured employees. traffic on the sales floor is completely ruled by the markets and one off month in sales and you can be cut.
A typical day at Saks Fifth Avenue
Style Advisor (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
A typical day at work was relaxed at times, but could become fast-paced in a matter of minutes. I learned how to effectively communicate with various people. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and building a great clientele list!
Pros
Hour lunch breaks
Cons
Non-flexible scheduling
Great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2018
I loved working with everyone there!!! The general manager was great the stock manager was great and it was a pleasure to work for them all. I would go back anytime.

Want to know more about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Ask a question
Wonderful experience
Handbags Specialist/Chloe Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2018
Definitely cut throat. But you have the ability to make a lot of money. The manager I had was a complete sweetheart and the store manager too. Everyone as wonderful to me. I will cherish my time there for a very long time.
Pros
Opportunity to move up in the company, uncapped commission, wonderful brands to work with and high end clients.
Cons
Working on the draw but that’s standard
Working at Saks is a great experience.
Store Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2018
It was a great experience working at Saks Fifth Avenue, Ive gained experience in merchandising and met alot of great people. I worked in the mens department organizings the entire department.
Pros
Learned different departments
Cons
being part time no benefits
glad its over but I miss the money
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 23, 2018
Working as Saks was very stressful bad for my health. You are pretty much worked to death but It was nice to have a weekly pay check and you were paid above minimum wage.
Its retail!!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 22, 2018
Retail can be a very demanding job. You don't get much freedom to make your own schedule. So there is essentially no work like balance. You also stand all day long with a one hour break to eat. Goals are constantly increasing at unreasonable rates.
Pros
Discounts are very good
Cons
Long hours, strict scheduling, demanding.
worst place to work
Assistant Planner- Planning Women's Ready To Wear (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
terrible work/life balance and company culture. management is the worst ever, no room to grow, advance or achieve anything in this environment. very sad place to work.
Very boring store
Sales Associate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 19, 2018
A typical day went by very slow, the traffic in the store is extremely low making it very boring and tedious, the retail hours and the random schedule was very difficult to follow trying to maintain a healthy work and home life. The store is very pretty and being around fashion helps employees to learn how to dress fashionable, the discounts for employees were a perk and very tempting for spending a good amount of the earnings trying to dress accordingly with their dress code.
Pros
Pretty store
Cons
too slow not enough traffic
A lot of changes
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
There a lot of changes going on and its too early to tell if its good or bad. A lot is being invested in the structure but I feel more should be invested in the people of the company.
Pros
management willing to work with you
Cons
pay
learning the business
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Being a stock associate taught me a look about the business doing inventory display the merchandise on the selling floor making sure the everything is price right with sku#.Learning selling technique from the salesman on the floor.
good for college students
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate/ Mens Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2018
Flexible schedule is good for college kids, aside from that I wouldn't recommend this place. Too negative and toxic of an environment. Not just because of management and associates but customers play a big role in this too.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate Designer Handbags (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2018
Saks really pulls you into their culture. You meet lots of interesting people and the company allows you to work with them through out the store. Its a young, hip, and fun job!! They really encourage you to have fun at work. They also respect their employees and will go to bat for them.
Pros
Great work environment. always upbeat and fun!!
Cons
Standing on concrete floors can take a toll on the body.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saks Fifth Avenue. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

78%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

44%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss