Sal's Heating and Cooling, Inc. logo
Sal's Heating and Cooling, Inc.

Sal's Heating and Cooling, Inc. Employee Reviews

Sal's Heating and Cooling, Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to meet personal goals

3.3Pay & Benefits

Great pay

The company has it’s hiccups, but overall a decent company. Sal pays his employees well and is willing to pay for a good employee! A lot of friendly people here!

Pros

Great pay/hours

Cons

Hiccups with management

A pleasant surprise

Coming from the medical field, I was a bit apprehensive but I'm a smart cookie and it was time for a change. My interview process was pleasant. It was friendly and professional. I left knowing this was a place I could see myself working for. That's never happened to me before. After approx a week and having 2 other offers on the table, I was pleased the president called to offer me a position. I was hired in and was invited to cross train and advance in another area which I had shown interest. I'm pleased with my decision to come here. This is a great place to work. The owner is pleasant, his doors always open and my coworkers are friendly. The only issues I've ever seen here so far are ones that weren't brought to managements attention. The pay is fair. if I had to list anything I'd like to change... it's be the parking situation. And that's minor.

Pros

great atmosphere, pay, coworkers, advancement, fast paced

Cons

parking

No real direction

Great group of fellow employees to work with other than that the place is not a place you want to be. hours missing off paychecks is major concern if you work there also. No real direction and asking about your specific job for the day seems to be a hassle for management. Lots of times left with no answer from management for hours at a time about jobs you are on but if you make the decision yourself you will get screamed at.

Pros

Guys you work with

Cons

Management shady owner who basically steals from his employees by skimming hours

learned hvac as helper

started as a certified hvac tech.installing split systems,worked many times installing hot water tanks only after installing furnace or boilers instead of going home.logging time sheets for correct hours not accurate

Pros

to do heat and air

Cons

breaking down units in the cold outside for recycle.owners bad attitude

Official response from Sal's Heating and Cooling, Inc.

May 10, 2019
We have nothing but respect for our helpers providing training and continued education. We recycle units to be environmentally friendly and keep our employees at 40 plus hours unlike most HVAC and Plumbing companies in the area. We are sorry if this occurs on a cold day but most are thankful for the work and opportunity to earn income and we are in a cold weather industry. As far as timesheets being accurate, the employee is responsible to document their time and it is verified with a very complex GPS system, very rarely is there a mistake and if there is, it is corrected promptly. The owner has a great attitude and why we are the leading and premier HVAC and Plumbing company in NE Ohio. Sometimes these are the comments we receive when the employee just can’t make the cut. Check out our reputation in the business, it speaks for itself and you would be honored to be employed here. Thanks, Sal Sidoti President CEO

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Jobs at Sal's Heating and Cooling, Inc.