Saladino’s Foodservice Employee Reviews

Great Company with Great opportunities
Order Selector/Hostler (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 21, 2019
Working for almost 1 year wearhose and switch to drivers department.
This company one of best experiences I had; both department I Work great management...
Pros
Free Boot program
April 1, 2019

Thank you for your comments. We hope your experience with Saladino's continues to be rewarding.

Overall B+ job.
Route Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMarch 12, 2019
At first the hours are somewhat tough if you're not a morning person, but you get used to it. The job is not complex. Not alot is asked of you. Some days can be taxing, but most are average. The money and benefits are worth the work that you do. Management is reasonable and mostly lax. Pay and scheduling is very organized. I got let go because of a midweek schedule change so I accidentally no call no showed, which I assume is an auto "can" in the probational period. It's on me, but check the schedule everyday before you leave!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Subway freezers
Well ran company that compensated employees fairly
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Driving, unloading and stocking food products was a typical day.
I learned how to use my time and effort effectively.
Management was fair and supportive.
Workplace culture was positive. We did work alone most of the time.
Getting enough rest in between runs.
Seeing the same customers and interacting with them was the most enjoyable part of the position.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Terrible company with horrible Management
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAFebruary 9, 2019
I had become Familiar with Saladinos by seeing their trucks at local subways and round tables pizza. Assuming that they were well established i was very excited to get hired at first. Things changed fast. The First two days were intense and pretty much sink or swim. My coworkers were awful and unprofessional always gossiping. I saw over 8 employees walk out one day and thats the norm. They use people for cheap labor and their bottom line is effected by it...Never have i been in a place that treats its workers as pawns. they are always hiring because people quit right away.. Steer Clear.. But you do get free boots and a beanine
Pros
lots of hours and early morning shifts
Cons
Top to bottom terrible
Very fast paced and back breaking for low pay
order selector (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 8, 2019
When I started with saladinos in 2015 this whole review would be different. It was a great company with great benefits and INCENTIVE. The incentive made up for the low pay so the workers didn’t mind working hard but once they took it away for some low cost saving incentive because they started paying us overtime that’s when everything went downhill. Good workers that been working there for years started leaving (including myself) and ppl started coming in and out making us work 12+ hours a night. At one point It got so bad we even had to hire temps. On average they expect you to pull 1,500 cases a night. Some of these temps barely pulled 400. So in reality they lost good workers just to save a lil bit of money. Then they want you to hit your numbers and make 0 mistakes in order to hit your incentive which is understandable but I feel like when there was something missing on the order like a short they shouldn’t hold you responsible for that because anything could of happed to it but they blame the order selector. Mispicks was a leading cause of people getting fired even with the new headset technology they got. Saladinos was once a good place to start a career but it turned into any other company that’s just out for themselves and not the employees.
Pros
Days off. after 2 years I finally got my 3 days off in a row sat/sun/mon
Cons
Long hours, little family time, never get sundays off, they want you to hit unrealistic numbers
Best place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I worked at saladinos for 7 years started as an order selector and transfer to transportation. I loved working there very good people but..... transportation manager is the worst that guy will bring every employee down that person should not be there I wont deny that he knows hes job hes a smart person but if you ask any single driver about him everybody would tell you the same he doesn't treat you like every other manager. I talk to the owner before leaving so the other drivers get a better working g place but as of right now he hasnt done anything.So if your not going to transportation. It's the best place to work
Pros
Great people good money
Cons
Transportation Manager
Hard working job you where rewarded for your work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 5, 2019
This was my first food service job I exceeded there expectations and I loved the job unfortunately I went on a team run to phoenix and my teammate kept me up by waking me up at every stop I ended up injuring myself that’s when this company will turn on you you can’t deliver they have no need for you and terminate you be clear if you file for unemployment they will go to court and fight you on it that what they did to me unfortunately they lost the case because I was a good employee until I injured myself if you injure yourself they will turn on you
January 7, 2019

We're sorry you had a "chatty" teammate on the Phoenix run. And we're sorry your experience with us was unpleasant. Our work is not for everyone. However, we pride ourselves on how we care for injured workers. Our full-time safety manager oversees every situation personally.

Proffesional
Order selector machine operator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 25, 2018
Serving the usa.
Overall well established professional.
Opportunitys in all fields availble upon experience and right attitude from all employees. Strive for success.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for your comments. We believe in providing growth opportunities for everyone, especially those that "strive for success".

moving up quick
Reciever (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 6, 2018
Good opportunities to be exposed to very impactful work environment. Can be demanding but good supervisors are out there and help make it more manageable. Great flexibility to move throughout company as goals/skills progress. over all it is a great place to work and I am happy to be given the opportunity to work here and grow with the company.
Pros
close to home
Cons
cold enviroment
January 7, 2019

Thank you for your positive comments. Stick with it and you'll have a satisfying, rewarding career.

Hard work pays off.
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAOctober 31, 2018
Working at this place gets you good pay and lots of OT.and they pay OT. after 8 hours.Been here for many years and seen this company go from small to large and never have been layed off .It's a job that you can grow and learn a lot.I have got to see a lot of new places from the Sacramento yard.Typical work day is about 2:00am until you finish your route.If you seen the trucks around town or out on the road you know their not junk.You my pull a 28 most often but some times you my pull a 48 and do some backhaul. We use electric pallet jacks and lift gates so no ramps so your knees will love you.Just like any job if you do a good job you will have no problem with management.They try to give you all the training you need to do the job.They do have some BBQ and you can buy product from the warehouse.Some places are harder to deliver than others and they try to train you on the route that you are going to be doing.You can work four or five days a week.
Pros
Bbq, Work boots, Overtime, 24 hour Dispatch
Cons
May work long hour and few holidays off.
November 5, 2018

THANK YOU for sticking with us! It's drivers and associates like you that have made Saladino's the success it is. Job stability and career opportunities await those willing to work for them.

Great place to work.
Order selector (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 12, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work. Great management. Many ways to advance. Incentive pay. The co-workers are wonderful, It's a fun and great environment to work.
October 22, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. The work is hard but can be gratifying.

Dont fall for it
Warehouse worker (Order selector) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2018
Very fast place environment during training period you can almost get away with anything, but once that . is done be prepared for almost immediate termination. Everybody there is on their way out the door from the day they start. Management is not very good, And they might tell you you’re getting three days off and working 4 10s but in reality you’re not they just tell you that the hook you DONT FALL FOR IT!!!!
Pros
Easy in
Cons
Easy out
October 22, 2018

If things aren't as you were told, rather than an anonymous comment, you can utilize our Open Door Policy and talk with anyone in the company you want, including the President. All of us are willing to assist, but you have to talk to us.

Very poor pay, and very poor management
Route Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA and AnaheimSeptember 6, 2018
what can I say? Poor pay lack in management. Main two things that make You want to leave. Does not look after their senior employees. Employees are deserting the company. Their customer always get mad because they can’t have a regular driver to deliver. That tells a lot on how it’s a very high turn over job. Saladinos please invest in your supervisor in some leadership class. They need it!
Pros
No cameras on trucks
Cons
Short breaks, always questioning about an extra 5 min
October 23, 2018

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The facts are Saladino's pay is fair and competitive for the position, the industry, and the region. Compensation is reviewed often. The customers want their order delivered on time by a courteous driver - that happens every day! We regularly receive calls from customers complimenting their delivery driver.
Turnover is a fact of life - sometimes people leave. However we have a high number of 5-10-15-20-year associates who would tell you that Saladino's is the place to be if you truly want a career. not just a job.

Good Job, No room for advancement, Did not learn much if anything at all.
Logistics Specialist/ Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 23, 2018
Coordinated orders for food to subways and pizza restaurants,, drove electric pallet jacks to pick orders accurately and as fast as possible. Bad for your back
Pros
Cons
Weather, Cold Box
October 22, 2018

The job of an Order Selector is admittedly very physical - that's why we spend a lot of time making sure people lift correctly. When you perform "every task the right way, every time", you minimize injuries and maximize your incentive dollars!!

No coaching just result in letting go.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2018
I have never worked for a company that did not believe in coaching their employees. They preach they are about the employees but when you are not performing well during your probation; instead of coaching they result in lay off. What kind of company doesn’t give their employees a chance to learn from their mistakes. They have High turnover because they have high expectations from their employees. Understandable, what about taking the steps to make your employees successful, training them in a way where they can excel and power through and be able to have the chance to give that excellent customer service. Instead of constant search for the perfect employee why not better invest in training the right employees to deliver the Saladino way. I believe it’s a waist of time and money when a company is constantly paying for people’s training and work weeks and in the end it is a lay off or termination. When the whole time you can be using that time to train them the correct way, coach them, treat them as equals to the team. The culture of every warehouse company is different, but when you talk about the culture of Saladino’s is more family, and not even show it in action, what does that really tell you about the company. They say it started with 2 brothers working together. Their business didn’t happen over night. It was hard, it was stressful, it was long. But together they inspired each other to keep trying and in he end it will result in success. I worked hard through all my shifts. I did see my self growing with the company. It’s unfortunate that the right steps was not implemented  more... efficiently and professionally. I hope for future employees that this will change for the sake of the families they are providing.  less
October 22, 2018

Saladino's provides initial training for order selectors, then an 8-week "ramp up" period to get you up to minimum standards. During that time the trainer and supervisors perform "observations" designed to coach and help associates improve. Those that accept the coaching and learn from their mistakes generally have a successful career with us.

Working on eggshells as soon as youre hired.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 1, 2018
I only lasted 3 months. It is a high turn over job. It is unorganized with products not always in its proper location. The pay is good but not enough. The equipment is old and not really reliable.
August 6, 2018

I'm sorry your experience with us wasn't pleasant. It's a high turnover job because we have high standards. The customer wants what they want when they want it...and we have to deliver! Being an order selector is a great job, but not for everyone.
By the way, we replace all our warehouse equipment every 3 years, and have a full-time mechanic on staff for on-the-spot maintenance and repairs.

Lacks management
Forklift Operator/Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2018
The management went from bad to worst once they began scheduling employees on their scheduled days off without the respect of asking first. I never mind making a little extra cash,But I do not appreciate being scheduled on my day off without even the simple respect of asking or giving me a heads up.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
No respect when scheduling on days off
Ok place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
Ok place to work hours are sucky. If you have family and dont mind long hours at a swing shift its a good job for you. Coworkers are cool management not so much.
October 23, 2018

The work hours are clearly stated in our job posts and during interviews. For several reasons, many of our associates prefer a swing shift or an early morning shift; or they prefer 4 longer days with 3 days off.

Pretty Good Company
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 8, 2018
They strive to stay competitive and grow slowly, but they are also learning how to effectively be a team and to better communicate. I enjoy growing with them during this time
October 23, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments. One of our company Values is Growth. We do want to grow, so that we can continue to provide jobs and opportunities for our associates and their families. The growth needs to be careful and purposeful, not necessarily slow, so that we can always be moving forward.
We are glad you're growing with us, too.

Good company
Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 20, 2018
Nice people to work with.People are willing to train. Needs more training for new employees when hired. More holidays off. Management is willing to help.
Pros
Extra hours
Cons
No route relief
October 23, 2018

Thank you for you comments. We check in regularly with new hires when their training is complete to see how they did and how we did. We listen to their comments and adjust training as needed.
As you know, our customers are retail so we function as retail - when they're open, so are we. That means not a lot of paid holidays but we do our best to provide balance for work and family time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saladino’s Foodservice. Our community is ready to answer.