Salal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Internal Community
Business Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2017
Everyone here is incredibly supportive. It doesn't matter if you are working within your department, or are seeking advice from an adjacent department. The Core Values are hard at work, and I've never felt judged.
Best place I've ever worked
Virtual Branch Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Salal, and I'd be grateful to work there again. The only downside of working there is the location. It's located on South Lake Union and there is no parking. The commute was TERRIBLE. I felt like a valued employee rather than just a warm body in a chair answering the phone.
Fun workplace with great benefits however low pay
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 13, 2016
I loved working here! I was a consumer underwriter. I worked with both outside vendors and branch personnel. Pay wasn't great but coworkers and executives up for it.
Pros
Everyone was so friendly
Cons
Low pay
Growing Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 1, 2016
If you are looking for a closer engagement between credit union members and team members this is a great place to develop effective and transformative relationships.
Great Place
Sr. Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 10, 2016
Nothing bad to say about this place. Loved working here. Room for advancement and growth. Great co-workers and incentives
Small lender with quality customer service
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 22, 2015
Since this was a smaller lender there was more of an emphasis on respa and other changes in regulations on both purchase and refinance processing.
Awesome Credit Union
Personal Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 16, 2014
Great products but negative experience as an employee. The credit union in itself is awesome. The underwriters are my favorite, because they are always responsive and willing to help which means the members reap the benefits.

Room for improvement: Management style and how the credit union manages each of their employees to be successful and to help build the business.
Pros
healthplan
Cons
branch management
Great place to work.
SR PERSONAL FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2013
My primary duties involved initiating and processing loans such as mortgages, auto loans, home equities, personal loans and lines of credit and credit cards. I also opened new accounts from personal accounts, trusts accounts, business accounts, estate accounts and IRA accounts. I had various side duties which included running teller transactions, processing loan and new account paperwork and helping out with various daily activities when needed throughout the day. Working for a smaller Credit Union taught me many of the in and outs about being a banker beyond what I learned working at the larger banks, as you are part of the whole process of getting your daily banker duties to reach finality as there is not much of a back office to help. Which in turn could of been the one of the most demanding but rewarding things about the job.
Pros
Great benefits paid in full by the company.
Cons
The retire plan could have been more robust, but not terrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3