Salem Health Employee Reviews

Staff RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 17, 2018
Nothing bad to say about this place. Class act! If it wasn't for the bad weather all the time and the low pay I would have stayed. I learned so much working there and staff is very kind.
Pros
almost everything
Cons
weather
I would not recommend working at Salem Health
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 6, 2018
I felt this is a very cut throat environment . Employees and management are aweful. Management seemed to have favorites and treated others poorly. The Kaizen program is a waste of money.
An Okay place
Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 11, 2018
It's an okay place with some good leaders but there are more bad managers than there are good. Unfortunately, no one sees there is anything wrong and does not fix it.

Many good people have left the hospital and no one seems to care. There is groupspeak.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 14, 2018
Salem Hospital is a fun place to work. It has a family environment. Once people leave they regret it. The pay is fair and the benefits are great. It is a great place to have a career.
Unit Clerk
Unit clerk/CNA (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 12, 2018
Started as ER admitting clerk, enter medical data,
Er Unit CLerk, entered all orders, made sure that all orders were completed, data entry, trauma entry,
ER Tech-take care of patients as directed by nurse/clinician/catheters/
Excellent ED Staff
RN (Current Employee) –  Salemtowne, ORMay 8, 2018
I’ve had the opportunity to work for organizations large and small, and in the years I’ve been at Salem I have been really impressed overall with the management of one of the busiest ERs on the West Coast. There is staff turnover, but no worse than any other hospital. It’s stressful because it’s an ER, but the charges send help for staff whenever possible and the doctors are nice to patients and treat their nurses and other staff with respect. The travelers that come to fill the gaps have been impressed too. Overall an overwhelmingly positive place to work for the vast majority of workers.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
easy to feel lost in a large organization.
It was alright
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 2, 2018
Politics plays a huge part in advancement. Too many separate departments. The managers don't know the details of the lower jobs and don't care about employees.
Justo y repetable
Limpiesa (Former Employee) –  Salem OregonMay 1, 2018
Ninguno Todo es basado enla buena comunicacion trabajando en engrupo o sola.es agradable trabajar y seguridad.
Pros
Si
Cons
N/a
Lab Assistant II for Specimen Management (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 30, 2018
I love where I work, however, the schedules don't work well with my family life.
I have benefited in many ways; I have more confidence in myself, I'm independent, I am able to problem solve.
Pros
people
Cons
schedules
Good place to work!
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at Salem Health. It was sad to see our manager leave and always changing things made it never a constant place to work. Over all Team was great, Hospital great, Lab great required a lot and worked short many times but good place to work
Pros
great health team
Cons
always changing never a constant job

Want to know more about Salem Health?

Ask a question
Great Place
Certified Nurse Assistant(CNA) (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 24, 2018
Salem Health (SH) is fast-paced. The workload was manageable, no more than 12 patients on a stressful day. SH is excellent on keeping staff informed with computer modules, emails, and classes. SH is a MAGNET hospital which has a high standard of care. Management was great in any given unit. Management strives to be team players, "all in this together" attitude. The hardest part of the job was floating to other units midday. I enjoyed working there. Everyone was always helpful.
Pros
Discounts, health screens, to many to list
Cons
Food is expensive and short breaks
Continuous Improvement
Patient Financial Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 9, 2018
We are striving to become a LEAN environment, where all staff are required to complete continuous improvement projects to save time and remove waste from our daily work. This has been extremely successful.
poor
Emergency Department Nurse-RN II (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 3, 2018
This was a poorly managed, hostile, work environment; where bullying was the norm from people in positions of power. A terrible work experience. I would not recommend this Hospital to any one.
Pros
Cons
horrible work environment
salem health
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 28, 2018
its very hard and short staffed. they change things without always asking the workers. there is a lot of turn over on the floors and it makes it hard to keep the teamwork there
Pros
great pay
Cons
short staff
Able to cross apply to different departments
Unit clerk as float (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 26, 2018
At the time of employment, wages were great for cost of living. They were always expanding in buildings, departments, parking, and trying to take care of their employees.
Benefits
Cons
Can be very stressful
Culture of Excellence
IMCU Staff Nurse- Cardiovascular Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 25, 2018
A typical day at work involved monitoring of critically ill patients, communicating with doctors, nurses and assistants, and coordinating plans of care for complex cases.
Greatest employer in Oregon
Remote Coder II (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 20, 2018
Salem Health has excellent benefits, the pay is excellent and the people that work there are top notch in there profession. Salem Health is a place that you are encouraged to grow in your profession and they truly listen to your concerns or ideas.
Benefits
Cons
Nothing i can think of
Great ideas if they applied them
Assisting patients (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 20, 2018
What Salem Health preaches is not what they do. Hardest part of working there was dealing with management who was only out to advance their careers if you did not benefit them you were gone or live was make difficult. Many times the patient to CNA ratio was unsafe and unfair to the patient.
Great
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 26, 2018
It is a great company to work for. I enjoy the ability of staff to improve the care we provide. I appreciate the people I work with. I enjoy being able to make change.
Ma
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 9, 2018
I worked really hard but there was no room for advancement. They were very profit driven for a hospital. Meetings cut into productivity time which ultimately caused problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salem Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight