Salem State University Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Administrative II (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 5, 2019
The workplace culture is cool because the students here are amazing! I enjoyed listening to may reports, research articles, etc. I also enjoyed the christmas vacation.
Pros
1 week off at Christmas
productive
Research Assistant- Early Childhood Education (Former Employee) –  Salem, MADecember 6, 2018
Productive collaborative, helpful,
every faculty helped a lot.
i have learned a lot about education such as elementary, middle, and high school. I also had some research experience there. I worked as a research assistant for a year.
front desk
Assistant Coach of Women's Volleyball (Former Employee) –  Salem, MANovember 29, 2018
basic job in the career service office very laid back and helpful to the community I enjoyed this job being at the front desk and helping others with resume and job searching
A great learning environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Salem, MANovember 13, 2018
I have been impressed by how motivated the students are at Salem State University. They know what they want and they want to learn. I present them the most current trends and technologies in the business. The IT project proposals they turn in (with an ROI analysis) are better than I have seen in many of the clients I have worked with.
Fun!
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Salem, MANovember 12, 2018
I was a student tour guide. Loved working here. Good coworkers and a great boss. Meeting prospective students was a blast and I loved making people smile.
adjunct prof for nuclear medicine program
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Salem, MANovember 12, 2018
worked for over 10 years teaching nuclear instrumentation to SSU students in the nuclear technology program. Only taught for eight weeks in the fall of each semester.
Not a bad place to get your foot in the door
Mathematics and CS Tutor and Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAAugust 18, 2018
A good place to get started as a professional. Not the best in terms of pay, benefits, and advancement. The lack of benefits is actually so bad that I know many hard-working people who have left for that reason only.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
No advancement
The workplace is just Awesome.
VDI Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAJuly 5, 2018
I worked at Salem State University for 3 years and It was very team orientated. Very results driven, so everyone knew what they needed to achieve everyday.
Great place to work while being a full time student.
Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJune 28, 2018
I worked as a mentor. I mentored 10 students each year. I had to provide support and guidance to first year students to help with their academic and personal success. Introduce students to campus resources and academic programs. Present success workshops to help students make the most of their first year. Plan and host a total of 12 educational, social and community service events throughout the school year.
Ok
Adjunct Spanish Professor (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJune 20, 2018
Good. Good students and faculty. Could have provided more and better resources to Adjuncts. No benefits. Very little engagement with other faculty or
I am a great worker. I get the work done. I never give up
Secretary Assistant at Geography Department (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJune 2, 2018
I am an incredible worker. I am honest, I work hard and most importantly I never give up. I will get the work done all you have to do is hire me. I will work hard every day because that is my responsibility.
ssc
Adjunct clinical faculty (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMay 23, 2018
great environment for learning and teaching, professional staff, motivated students workplace culture is diverse, the most enjoyable were the students
Pros
parking
Cons
lack of advancement
It was great! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Building Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMay 21, 2018
Working for Salem State in their Student Involvement department was one of the most rewarding things I did at Salem. Incredible people both supervisors and fellow workers.
Great Job
Residence Hall Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMay 18, 2018
This job was one of the best of my life. The desk is 24/7 so you have shifts at all hours. You gain a lot of experience working with different kinds of people and handling situations at all hours
Pros
Growing experience
Cons
Not enough pay
diverse environment
CIE Student Specialist (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAMay 15, 2018
CIE is a place from where anyone can learn and grow a lot in many different ways. It is a very friendly and welcoming place. The most enjoyable part of the work was to meet many new people and get a chance to know people from all over the world and learned about their experience in USA.
Pros
free events
Cons
short breaks, early leave for exams
Great place for student work!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 24, 2018
Working in the President's Office was a very relaxed setting where you learned the ropes and were given some room to make small mistakes. It was a great learning experience of what to expect in an office job. There were always good conversations when there was time for it, and almost always something to do.
Pros
Friendly management and coworkers, great learning experience
Productive work in team.
Supplemental Instruction Leader in Statistics (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 22, 2018
Everyday, I talk with students about any kind of Maths. I help them to understand the material better. It is great to break down knowledge, it makes me understand more as well.
Admission
Admissions operations (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 17, 2018
Coming to work in between classes gave me the flexibility to go to classes and be able to have a job. Opening mail, scan and index documents, and checking batches for correct correlation to the documents.
Part-time faculty
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 7, 2018
Nursing Fundamentals clinical group.
Very fun experience to impact new nursing students.
Tried to model excellence in nursing science, empathy and collaborative relationships between students.
Coach
Assistant Coach Men's Varsity Soccer (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 6, 2018
It is a university that prides itself on being a student first supportive environment. The university is well connected with the Salem community and continues to grow in a constructive way. Salem State has a great facility and beautiful campus in the most historic area in the United States.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
tuition, like every school continues to rise yearly.