Salesforce

• Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

Good working Enviroment

The workplace culture is awesome nice to work there. People are friendly, cooperative and talented. I enjoyed working there. I like the office fixture and machines.

Amazing company to work for!

Salesforce is the real deal! It has an amazing culture and they offer me opportunities, pay, and benefits that I wouldn't be able to get any other place. I was weary before I joined if they could live up to the hype, but the rumors are true!!

Pros

Pay, Benefits

Cons

Work-life balance can be tricky since it is a global company

Back stabbing and cut throat culture while claiming we are all "family"

My first 2 years I was very excited to be part of such a caring company. But then I found out that that is just a farce. I did learn a lot and the pay was good but a year later I am still dealing with the PST of the last year.

Pros

Great benefits, Great pay

Cons

Sales people willing to throw you under the bus

A great place to build a career

I've been at Salesforce since graduating college and it's been an incredible place to grow a career. I have moved between engineering and product organizations and get to work on some incredibly innovative problems. The people I work alongside are incredibly talented and very respective of both your time and mental health. Salesforce is probably one of the best employers in the world when you factor in your hourly wage instead of your annual wage. You'll work hard here but you won't be overworked.I will say that the biggest downside is executive alignment. I think Salesforce has not had a moment to change to its ever-increasing scale and there will need to be some shakeups to reduce redundancy and ensure relationship and bridge-building.

Pros

inclusive and caring environment, the events (when in-person!), the top-floor coffee bars

Cons

executive alignment, product agility

A place built around never ending innovation

The only thing that is constant as Salesforce is change. This is a blessing and curse at the same time. Salesforce is a fast pace environment living on the cutting edge. It's challenging and very rewarding. The company culture is awesome, a family-owned mindset where everyone is important. The opportunities are endless and if you have the passion you will be successful. If there is a company that is the example this is it!

Pros

Career growth, benefits, innovation, respect, work-life balance

Cons

Constantly looking to do better through re-inventing the wheel at times

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Innovative company that pushes employees to realize their full potential.

Been with Salesforce for 5 years. I've switched teams about once a year (re-orgs) but had roughly the same job duties during that time. The culture is respectful, results driven, and fast pace. I like the people and the management style.

Pros

I work 100%. Traveled about once per month before the pandemic. Flexible hours.

Cons

Can be Long Hours

Easy to find great managers

While individual manager styles vary, I haven't spent more than a month or two here with a manager I didn't work well with. Because you can move around easily you can settle into whatever work environment you like. My managers have been incredibly genuine and they often want me to succeed as an individual more than they want the team to succeed. Time-based flexibility is amazing- everyone understands if you need to take an hour in the middle of the day to go for a run, exercise, or just step away from work.

Inclusive Culture, Innovative Solutions

Salesforce fosters an environment of inclusiveness, tolerance and mutual respect. Salesforce champions diversity and promotes a healthy work culture.

Pros

Inclusive culture

Great culture and motivated employee base

My team is very flexible and allows me the flexibility to work from anywhere and at any time as long as the work gets completed on time. Management is very understanding but at times the consensus-driven culture of the Company can get in the way of moving quickly.

Lovely company to work for

Nothing to complain about honestly. Very encouraging environment with all the necessary support needed to succeed with assigned tasks. Great company culture! Ahona!

Jobs at Salesforce

See more jobs

Amazing company to work for

Salesforce is an amazing company to work for. I've worked in the technology industry for 20 years - several companies - large and small, some partners, consulting, and direct for tech company. Salesforce is by far the best company I have worked for.

Pros

They value their employees. Management is expected to help ensure employee success, not their personal/management success.

Cons

This is not a con - just an awareness. Salesforce has a different, more caring employee culture. Sarcasm is frowned upon.

Salesforce is an amazing company to work for

Each day brings new experiences and challenges. The people make the difference - just an exceptional team of talent.SFDC supports its employees to make the correct decisions for the company and customers. This company truly follows its Core Values. As SFDC grows they still treat each employee as an important team member. Management engages the team regularly and is transparent about the direction that the organization is taking. We are striving to build and deliver products that make a difference to our customers. We try to have fun along the way and enjoy the journey.This is an amazing company.

Pros

Remote work options

Cons

Often long hours

Fun work environment

Working for the company throughout the years has helped me engage my own development. Not just career wise, but personal development as well. The community that is involved within the company is considered as family vs a coworker.

Large Company, still trying to maintain that start-up feel

Salesforce was well-positioned to sell through the pandemic. Employees were able to transition to home office life with minimal disruption and keep connections with their customers. Salesforce has adopted a very risk-averse return to work policy, which means business travel has also been curtailed, saving the company quite a bit of money. Productivity has remained high but I wonder if it can continue at the pace we achieved during the pandemic. Time will tell.

Salesforce has an amazing and immersive culture

There is never a dull moment at Salesforce, you are engaged, challenged and exposed to great work. The pace is infectious and opportunities are there for the taking. It's a great place to build a career.

Loved co-workers, hated pay

Even with experience, they rely on archaic practices to determine salary. I was offered barely over minimum wage. I waited for a raise that never came, and hours were never consistent but you were expected to have open availability. I only stayed as long as I did because I loved my manager and most co-workers.

Pros

Discount, easy work, sales

Cons

salary, limited hours

Hardest job ever, Best colleagues ever

This is definitely the hardest job I've ever had -- as a tech writer, there are so many tools to use and processes to follow, and you need to do it all well from the get-go!There's Perforce for checking files in and out and for build testing. GUS is our internal implementation to track bugs and releases. Gdoc and Quip are our collaborative word processors. Sheets and Quip are used for spreadsheets. PDF, of course, for reviews and documents. SnagIt for screenshots. We've just moved to Slack, which we are all trying to figure out how to use and use well. Acrolinx for evaluating and correcting our writing. And oXygen for writing our content using DITA. I think oXygen is the world's crabbiest word processor - we really fight with it and the DITA constraints!Along with all these tools are processes and guidelines, and they can get pretty intense. It's hard to master, and it's constantly changing.The good news is that your colleagues are eager to help! And, they know how hard it is at the beginning. Keep a humble, beginner's attitude, and reach out for help - you'll get it, and them some!

Pros

GREAT benefits! And for all ages and stages - parenting, new babies, retirement, everything.

Cons

Hard to get promoted - lots of effort on YOUR part to document why you deserve it.

Inclusive

Managers can be hit or miss. Lots of inflated title but overall a good company to work for. Very strong corporate culture and that is inclusive of all.

It's Salesforce

Fun to work. Engaging challenges, facing a variety of different clients. Compensation is not great being a contractor (not to the fault of Salesforce itself) but being stuck there is the single biggest downside for me personally. Colleagues and job culture are very nice. Lots of smart and bright people who are always willing to lend their knowledge and support.

Pros

Fun, challenging work. Sense of accomplishment and recognition for hard work go far

Cons

Being a lowly contractor

Salesforce work/life balance

I have worked for a ton of companies and Salesforce understands the importance of a work/life balance more than any other company. They ensure their there employees are not overworked and get the time off necessary to recharge.

Pros

Wellness benefits, prioritizes mental health, offers free meditation sessions

Leadership team, opportunity, transparency

This company has an excellent leadership team who converts every challenge as an opportunity. As an individual contributor, there is a lot of opportunities to learn and try out. Salesforce supports and encourages you to advance your career path to aspire your dreams.

Cons

more meetings, sometimes lower remuneration comparing new comers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salesforce. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight