Salesforce Employee Reviews

Really awesome place to work at
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2018
Hm, where to begin? I have been at Salesforce for about two years and it has been the best professional experience to-date. Salesforce is packed with incredibly talented individuals who strive to do good work. The culture of Ohana is what makes this place really awesome. You're treated fairly and people are there support you. I also love the fact that there are unlimited opportunities to learn new things. Whether you want to become Salesforce certified, explore new roles or connect with others outside of your immediate team, it is all there for you as long as you take the initiative. I give this place 5/5 stars simply because it stands up to its reputation as The Best Place to Work For.
Pros
Pay, snacks and drinks, benefits, perks, unlimited learning opportunities, genuine coworkers
Cons
work-life balance, competition with other SaaS providers, no cafeterias
Fun work place
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 15, 2018
very friendly staff ,keep the environment exciting when the sale floor is slow, will work with your schedule. The placement in the Walmart stores are genius selling phones , phone plan for less is very smart and reasonable for people how can not afford the more expensive phones but can get all the technology.
Pros
Freedom to move about
Cons
shorts break
I never worked for Salesforce All of the sales group who worked for Schutt Sports used it to help with managing our business
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 13, 2018
I never worked for SalesForce, I used Salesforce when I was representing Schutt Sports as a time management assistant. Schutt Sports had all of their sales reps use it to help make notes on meetings, set up appointments.
Great job for some
Marketing Cloud - Site Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2018
Salesforce has an interesting created culture that takes some time to adjust to. It can be super high-stress at times but that balances to a certain bit with opportunities. It's a great place to learn.
Pros
Great snacks.
Great company culture, different sales culture
Senior Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
I do love working at Salesforce. The company culture is great and the company has amazing products.

Someone told me when I interviewed that there are 2 cultures here: 1 of the company, and 1 of the sales organization. That turned out to be very true. The sales culture is that of Oracle and is very white male with no diversity in my management chain. The overall company culture is better.
Just a call center
Senior Technical Support Analyst Lead - Developer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 4, 2018
Salesforce is too metric driven. We find that instead of focusing on giving our customers complete service we have to rush to meet numbers. This also stifles learning.
Once a great place to work has turned sour - at least in Sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
I'm very happy to have at worked at Salesforce for as long as I have - over 3 years now. However the company and culture has changed and unless you're under 28 or new to sales, and trying to get some experience at a splashy resume name - stay away.
Great place to work if you have the right manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote EmployeeOctober 1, 2018
As with many companies that grow so quickly, the culture has been diluted and employees take a back seat to profit and sales. The company will need to be mindful of retaining managers that are ruthless in the treatment of their employees.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and grow, flexible time off, Volunteer time off, working with really smart people
Cons
Transparency and employee success take a back seat to profits and sales.
Production and a lot of fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2018
Very good company to work for and they had very good employees. A lot good of products and some great customer.
I was hoping to retire from this company.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short break
Salesforce is a good company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 17, 2018
Compared to smaller places that I worked for in LA salesforce is a breath of fresh air. The compensation, benefits and work-life balance plus the caliber of people who work at this place is hard to find. The code is written nicely and has comments and is as clean as it could be given the infrastructure and size of the systems that the software needs to be able to handle.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, caliber of people who work there
Cons
Not much career development you have to be your own boss and carve the path for your next steps
Awesome place!
N/a (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 9, 2018
Awesome place to be at. A lot going on and you feel like you're in the center of it all. Place you're literally in the center of it all. I would wish there were more free food though =/
Good
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
It has a great company culture and great work environment. Definitely a place where you can move up the ladder and grow internally within the company as well. Every company likes to claim they have a greta work environment but here at Salesforce its the real deal, You can literally meet anyone at any given moment, walking down the hall and introducing yourself. From the past experiences of my colleagues this would't happen anywhere else, you'd either get a awkward hello or get brushed off.
Good experience with a negative ending
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2018
I gained good experience and good work skills but the ending was a negative experience that could be avoided. Gained valuable skills and experience and provided a desire to do more within the ecosystem.
Come here for work family and a real look at the freshest IT industries
EXEC ASSISTANT- SALESFORCE.COM ATLANTA HQ (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
Working at Salesforce, you see the future of IT and industry in general. The workculture has become corporate, with time, but this does not take away from the 'fresh IT world' burgeoning from San Francisco. Demand is strong, IT collaboration must be powerful during mergers, and your teams must feel satiated and not burnt out.
Pros
IT's speedy progression, work family
Cons
Competitive
Useful and practical within KIPP
College Persistence Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 23, 2018
I utilized the Salesforce platform while working for the charter organization KIPP. During my time at KIPP, Salesforce was a daily part of the vocation in relation to data tracking, and upkeep of pertinent student information.
Pros
Ease of use
Cons
Constant updates that required on the fly training
Work hard, play hard
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 20, 2018
Incredibly demanding yet equally rewarding company to work for, fun culture with plenty of opportunity for grown within the company. Working remotely can be challenging to connect with HQ
Great Company
Intern/Salesforce Admin (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2018
Salesforce is a great company to start your career. Very positive environment and a lot of growth. Great training are and management super supportive.
free stuff
proof reader, data entery (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 7, 2018
Even tho I was a contractor I enjoyed my time at SalesForce. Everyone was very helpful if I had a question I could ask anyone and it they did not know the answer they would direct me to some one that did. The hardest part of my job was it was repetitious other than that it was a great place to work
Pros
free food in cafe, people are super friendly
Nice Place
Sr. Salesforce Consultant (Former Employee) –  SFO,CAAugust 2, 2018
Good place to get advanced knowledge at salesforce. Always encourages employees to come forward with there own ideas. Gives freedom to think out of box . Fun, loving place to work
Needs Improvement
Salesforce Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2018
a typical is working with peers and keeping very busy at the desk. Tons of team coordination. The day flies by and it seems like I never get anything completed.
Pros
Good Food
Cons
Interesting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salesforce. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

4.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight