Salesforce Employee Reviews

Toxic & Abusive Management in Worldwide Data Centers
Data Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 6, 2018
-Lack of strong high level leadership
-Data centers are isolated offices, and do not follow Salesforce's advertised ethics and standards
-Fear-based management style is encouraged
-Abuse, bullying, discrimination, and retaliation commonly occur behind closed doors
-Low turnover is only due to very high pay scale
-Management enjoys playing jokes on their employees, such as firing them, just for their amusement

My recommendation is to steer well clear of any Salesforce Data Center roles. If you are a healthy, positive, ambitious human, you will more than likely not thrive here.
Pros
Free office junk food
Cons
Abusive
overall work environment
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 6, 2018
overall average environment; very busy; not so much time to learn anything new; not much guidance; caseload is very high; coworkers are not helpful
Productive work environment
Director Of Business Development And Marketing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
Opportunities for growth. Desirable and flexible work schedule. Team environment with internal administrative assistance when needed. Would recommend.
Leader in its segment
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  DublinDecember 4, 2018
Great company to work for with a strong corporate culture/identity and business model.
The company is taking great care of its employees and there are a lot perks working for Salesforce (financial and career evolution).
Pros
Fast career progression possible
Cons
Lots of micro management
Good Company
Network Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 4, 2018
It was a good company, but the work/life balance was terrible in the department that I worked in. Shift schedule which rotated every 6 weeks between days/nights.
Very Quick
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Moscone WestNovember 28, 2018
Very Quick paced at Dream Force. Was a Greeter and a scanner. I later worked at an insurance company and used there CRM for 11 months. I am very happy to say that as far as seasonal jobs go DreaAm FOrce is one of the best!
Good
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2018
Great Company to work for. Some pros and cons just like any other Company. My current management is great and very supportive in my interests and growth.
Good
GSD CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 12, 2018
Great company but little management assistance. Came in knowing I had no Apple experience and was told I would be trained, but this never happened.This lead to high turnaround in the department as well.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hi turnaround
All about growth/not about people
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 10, 2018
Its getting harder and harder to hit their board mandated number each year, as such the wheels have begun to fall off even at HQ. Fantastic company to work with as long as you aren't in sales. Otherwise, it is very challenging and unless you have a corporate brand you can uphold even under the worst pressure of your life with terrible managers, you will struggle. Good luck!
Pros
free coffee, brand recognition
Cons
terrible management, cut throat, shrinking territories, hard to succeed
Productive and fun working place
Software Engineer (Summer Intern) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2018
- Best working culture
- Learned new/latest technologies
- Learn and learn sessions
- Team meetings were super fun
- Freedom to take own decisions
Pros
Work Culture, Free Lunches, Time flexibility
Sales force
Director of Global Employee Benefits (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2018
The team was in turmoil but the management was very supportive. A lot of politics going on in HR but great benefits and interesting job. The CEO is amazing in giving back to the community
Pros
Great CEO and company. Giving back to the community
Cons
Too much policts in HR
Really awesome place to work at
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2018
Hm, where to begin? I have been at Salesforce for about two years and it has been the best professional experience to-date. Salesforce is packed with incredibly talented individuals who strive to do good work. The culture of Ohana is what makes this place really awesome. You're treated fairly and people are there support you. I also love the fact that there are unlimited opportunities to learn new things. Whether you want to become Salesforce certified, explore new roles or connect with others outside of your immediate team, it is all there for you as long as you take the initiative. I give this place 5/5 stars simply because it stands up to its reputation as The Best Place to Work For.
Pros
Pay, snacks and drinks, benefits, perks, unlimited learning opportunities, genuine coworkers
Cons
work-life balance, competition with other SaaS providers, no cafeterias
Fun work place
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 15, 2018
very friendly staff ,keep the environment exciting when the sale floor is slow, will work with your schedule. The placement in the Walmart stores are genius selling phones , phone plan for less is very smart and reasonable for people how can not afford the more expensive phones but can get all the technology.
Pros
Freedom to move about
Cons
shorts break
I never worked for Salesforce All of the sales group who worked for Schutt Sports used it to help with managing our business
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 13, 2018
I never worked for SalesForce, I used Salesforce when I was representing Schutt Sports as a time management assistant. Schutt Sports had all of their sales reps use it to help make notes on meetings, set up appointments.
Great job for some
Marketing Cloud - Site Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2018
Salesforce has an interesting created culture that takes some time to adjust to. It can be super high-stress at times but that balances to a certain bit with opportunities. It's a great place to learn.
Pros
Great snacks.
Great company culture, different sales culture
Senior Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
I do love working at Salesforce. The company culture is great and the company has amazing products.

Someone told me when I interviewed that there are 2 cultures here: 1 of the company, and 1 of the sales organization. That turned out to be very true. The sales culture is that of Oracle and is very white male with no diversity in my management chain. The overall company culture is better.
Just a call center
Senior Technical Support Analyst Lead - Developer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 4, 2018
Salesforce is too metric driven. We find that instead of focusing on giving our customers complete service we have to rush to meet numbers. This also stifles learning.
Once a great place to work has turned sour - at least in Sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
I'm very happy to have at worked at Salesforce for as long as I have - over 3 years now. However the company and culture has changed and unless you're under 28 or new to sales, and trying to get some experience at a splashy resume name - stay away.
Great place to work if you have the right manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote EmployeeOctober 1, 2018
As with many companies that grow so quickly, the culture has been diluted and employees take a back seat to profit and sales. The company will need to be mindful of retaining managers that are ruthless in the treatment of their employees.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and grow, flexible time off, Volunteer time off, working with really smart people
Cons
Transparency and employee success take a back seat to profits and sales.
Production and a lot of fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2018
Very good company to work for and they had very good employees. A lot good of products and some great customer.
I was hoping to retire from this company.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salesforce. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Salesforce.

Powered by Comparably