Salient CRGT Employee Reviews

You are a line number on a contract, no more and no less
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2018
SalientCRGT does not have employees on contracts, they have line numbers. If you are on a good project, then you will have flexible hours, many work from home options, and a stable work schedule. If you are on a bad project you will have no telework opportunities and can be docked time for using your cell phone at your desk. Portfolio Managers have a lot of freedom in approving time off, and rates for merit increases, if you have nice boss on a flexible contract these things are fine. There is no loyalty to from the corporate headquarters, and if there is no position on a project, then there is no employment.
Productive fun atmostpher team work
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Salient CRGT has been a great place to work and not to far from my house. When I get in it's usually quite open space I work in a cubical area. I've learned a lot here through out the last seven years. Working a long side DBAs, Administrators, Business Analyst, and Testers, I've been able to work closing with them and have learned basic SQL, Business Objects, SharePoint, to name a few. Also I've work on several ticketing systems such as Web Helpdesk, JIRA, and ServiceNow. I love it when we get together as a team for lunch or happy hour help boost the moral going.
Pros
Free parking, Close to home
Cons
Healthcare
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver WANovember 15, 2018
Company began taking away PTO and would not match pay from other contract agencies. They take to large of a percentage that companies pay for contract employees. I also work long enough to get three weeks PTO then the upper level mgmt starting reducing the amount.
Salient CRTGT is a good company. No complaints.
Desktop Support Tier 1 Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Work from 6-3. Learned and appreciate my job. People around me and management were good to me.
Management, I had a lead that ensure I did and was doing well at work.
Hardest part of the job is when remedy was down.
the most enjoyable part of the job is getting off work at 3pm.. and not dealing with traffic
Pros
na
Cons
na
It was a fast paced call center
HelpDesk Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2018
It was a good place to work and the people that i worked with were knowledgeable. I learned to work through phone calls in a timely manner. It was a call center environment but the area i was in was very quite and made the job easy to do without distractions
Pros
good environment
Cons
went too work too early
First Contractor experience
Network Engineer - Microsoft Windows (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAMay 28, 2018
Not the experience to have with your first contractor. The initial hire on process was chaotic at best. There were multiple contracts floated before the last one was signed in hast due to the original recruiter going on vacation for a couple of weeks. I was set on my own island not getting any kind of cross training on their network/server environments.
Horrible Management/CEO
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 5, 2018
The culture of the work environment is horrible! Lack of training and a lack of teamwork makes it unbearable to work there. My supervisor did not possess a leadership bone in her body.
Company discriminates against veterans and minorities.
Cons
Leadership, work clicks, good ole boy system
Very Good Company Would work for them again
Program Manager/Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 31, 2018
Good Company Great Benifits. I would work there again . Received a lot of training that they paid for such as PMP and CSM. The company culture was fantastic.
Pros
Great Pay and Leadership
Cons
Slow promotions
The pay is below market.
Network/System Administrator (Current Employee) –  BagrāmJuly 12, 2018
The pay is below market value for the amount of work and knowledge level that is expected out of an individual.

The overseas family medical plan is super expensive.
Pros
Overseas family medical plan is super expensive
Cons
Good work culture.
Almost a body shop
Business Analyst 4 (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 4, 2018
The program management at the client site was poor. Little attention was given to facilitating a productive work environment for employees.I was hired to do process improvement. Interactions with the client staff are required for this, but that was prohibited by the client. Company management had little interest in understanding the nature of the problem.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Ineffective leadership
Accounting associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 26, 2018
Supervisors have no leadership skills: no communication, no appreciation, no integrity. Favoritism is key play. They do not value your confidentiality. They tell coworkers your salary and confidential info. No bonus or office etiquette of any kind.

Work is fast pace. You must have 10 hands to complete the works they throw at you. And it’s stll never appreciated. They think they work more than you.
Pros
Free coffee, bagels on Friday
Cons
Supervisors’management leads to terrible work culture
Lack value, morality, and fairness
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 23, 2018
The work is faced-pace, which is good. Supervisors lack skills: no communications, no appreciation, favor certain employee (promote employee with no skills, qualifications, or work ethic.) An employee left the company as an AP, but was offered a finance position after leaving the company for 5 months. Your confidentiality is not important here; supervisors tell your co-workers about your salary and your job performance. If they like you, you can bring in your relative to work here. Most current employees are either looking or unhappy, evident by high turnover rate. Terrible work culture.
Pros
Free coffee, Bagels on Fridays
Cons
Supervisors lack skills, no morality and fairness
SalientCRGT
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXAugust 7, 2018
I enjoy working for SalientCRGT. I have worked with their contractors in the past and working as a contractor now...I am quite pleased with the transition. I look forward to working several years with SalientCRGT.
Questionable Onsite Management
Policy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 1, 2018
I'm not the biggest fan of my onsite program manager, who is manipulative and can't be trusted. However, I enjoy working with the client, no complaints there!
Below Average
Project Coordinator/SharePoint Liaison (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 30, 2018
Struggling company unable to grasp the portfolio of projects under their belt. Inability to play in the realm of midsize contracting companies. Poor benefits and no advancement opportunities prevent this company from holding onto talent and inability to recompete and win contracts will eventually destroy this company.
Have very much enjoyed my time here
Courseware Tester (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 11, 2018
Since working for this company, I have enjoyed it very much. The work environment has been very relaxed and my coworkers have been very pleasant to work with. The company benefits are very competitive.
Productive Workplace
Senior CERP Civilian Information Manager (Former Employee) –  BagrāmApril 4, 2018
While my time was short with the company, it was always a dynamic and collaborative work environment. I was picked up from a prior company on the same contract I was working. The transition was smooth, and professionally handled by both companies.
Pros
Management was responsive, any problems corrected in a timely manner.
Cons
Many companies go with US based Program Managers, I think eyes on the ground (deployed Program Managers) is the way to go, Just my opinion though.
Overall my experience with SalientCRGT was not good
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 26, 2018
I started with ATS which was continually bought out. Went through many years of not knowing if my job was going to be on the chopping block. As it turned out I worked on a contract and we did not win the recompete. ATS had this contract for twenty years. The company management begged us not to jump ship and that they would find people work on other contracts. This had happened before but this time seemed different. The management held multiple meetings with staff asking them not to leave. Most didn't and when we did not win the court decision. The management team held another meeting and said to us that "common now you all knew this was going to happen". Meeting after meeting they ensured us all of us would be taken care of. I'm pretty sure the company only kept six people out of a group of 30. Pretty depressing.
Cons
No company loyalty
Very enjoyable work environment
Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 11, 2018
My time with this company has been very enjoyable. I have liked working with my former and current coworkers. My supervisors have all been very pleasant and fair.
Great company
Senior UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 12, 2018
Worked for this company from 1995 through 2018. First they were called CIBER. Then CIBER sold it's government business to CRGT. Finally CRGT merged with Salient. I was a subcontractor at the National Institutes of Health. A great place to work.
Pros
When my subcontract ended Salient CRGT was helpful.
Cons
They didn't have a position for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salient CRGT. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight