Salient CRGT
55Below average

Salient CRGT Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA63 reviews
It was an ok place to work
Client definitely drove the bus, even if that meant into a wall. The company was ok, and the people were good to work with. It may have been that I was just on a bad project, but I would like more interaction and back and forth with the direction that a project takes.
Provides a work-life balance
Very close knit work community with available resources for either work, mental or physical needs. Provides room for personal growth and development and offers support for certification acquisition and recognition for performance.
Company is well trusted with many great positions and great offerings
I am a contractor with this company and my client is in Hines, IL. No negatives comments, from typical day to contract ending, everything was great.
I meet some good people
I think it was good to have a job. The work day was busy and managers seemed alright. The people that worked there seemed very knowledgeable and loved the work.
Great work environment but compensation needs to be better
The company has a good work culture and a has stable outlook, however, it needs to do better to keep top talent in-house. Far too many resources lost by below par compensation packages or lack of career growth.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
President/CEO educated and trained in the insurance industry who rose to the top by inheriting/acquired talented underlings.
President/CEO lacked original thought. Horrible leader without vision. Avoid working here. CEO self absorbed with little man complex. Benefits and pay was fine.
A workplace with cameras all over the place.
Unfriendly culture. Lack of support from managers and Executive levels. This company has cameras all over the place which doesn't make it a friendly place to work. The message is mistrust of employees.
Calm and quite place to work
Calm and quite place to work. Workplace culture is nice. Co-workers are friendly. Most enjoyable part of the work is Friday breakfast. management is fine.
Good employees to work with
I enjoyed working at the Front Desk, of multiple locations, and being around people that worked hard. The employees were very grateful for the job I did. I made them feel good by taking care of them and the office. The company changed, as the upper management changed, over the last year or more.
Do not retain good employees
Benefits package got worse every year.
When management is bad employees pay the price

No employees growth plan

Salaries are relatively low with a very small increase
Great people to work with
Salient CRGT has great people to work with. They follow the Agile methodologies very well. Our team delivered solutions on time and within budget. Salient CRGT provided training for Agile methodologies.
Productive place to work at
Technically strong peers, flexible work environment, structured and organized work,
Flexibility included telecommute.

very cohesive team to work with.
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Being a Technical Writer/Content Specialist, my job pushes me to learn something different almost every day about 508 and HTML. I think, when you have a job that is routine, it is easy to not have anything to look forward to, let alone not be motivated to ensure your work is the highest quality. My supervisors and project managers allow me the room to both grow, teach them new things and implement ideas that will benefit our team. Just when I think I know it all, something else happens and I learn a new way of coding or a new way of remediation.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
n/a
Job Security Issue
With overburning budgets, there are times where there is not enough work/budget to provide full time work. Therefore, there are situations where employees need to charge PTO because of not having billable work. A very uncomfortable situation when concerned about a long term career at Salient.
Little resource managment
The organization is very contract/task order centric. There is not a plan to retain resources as task orders met the end of performance. Resources that are not billable are released.
Pros
Promotes a remote working schedule
Cons
No resource management
Questionable Onsite Management
I'm not the biggest fan of my onsite program manager, who is manipulative and can't be trusted. However, I enjoy working with the client, no complaints there!
Productive fun atmostpher team work
Salient CRGT has been a great place to work and not to far from my house. When I get in it's usually quite open space I work in a cubical area. I've learned a lot here through out the last seven years. Working a long side DBAs, Administrators, Business Analyst, and Testers, I've been able to work closing with them and have learned basic SQL, Business Objects, SharePoint, to name a few. Also I've work on several ticketing systems such as Web Helpdesk, JIRA, and ServiceNow. I love it when we get together as a team for lunch or happy hour help boost the moral going.
Pros
Free parking, Close to home
Cons
Healthcare
Very Good Company Would work for them again
Good Company Great Benifits. I would work there again . Received a lot of training that they paid for such as PMP and CSM. The company culture was fantastic.
Pros
Great Pay and Leadership
Cons
Slow promotions
Merged
Company merged with other federal contractors. Prone to high turnover. Compensation, Office space and location were adequate. Work/Life balance was less than desirable.
Horrible Management/CEO
The culture of the work environment is horrible! Lack of training and a lack of teamwork makes it unbearable to work there. My supervisor did not possess a leadership bone in her body.
Company discriminates against veterans and minorities.
Cons
Leadership, work clicks, good ole boy system
Almost a body shop
The program management at the client site was poor. Little attention was given to facilitating a productive work environment for employees.I was hired to do process improvement. Interactions with the client staff are required for this, but that was prohibited by the client. Company management had little interest in understanding the nature of the problem.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salient CRGT. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Ratings from women
1.7
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
1.8Career Opportunities
1.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight