Salient CRGT Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The pay is below market.
Network/System Administrator (Current Employee) –  BagrāmJuly 12, 2018
The pay is below market value for the amount of work and knowledge level that is expected out of an individual.

The overseas family medical plan is super expensive.
Pros
Overseas family medical plan is super expensive
Cons
Good work culture.
Very enjoyable work environment
Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 11, 2018
My time with this company has been very enjoyable. I have liked working with my former and current coworkers. My supervisors have all been very pleasant and fair.
Horrible Management/CEO
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 5, 2018
The culture of the work environment is horrible! Lack of training and a lack of teamwork makes it unbearable to work there. My supervisor did not possess a leadership bone in her body.
Company discriminates against veterans and minorities.
Cons
Leadership, work clicks, good ole boy system
Easy Going
Exchange Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2018
Come in do morning checks.
Eat BF
Work on any tasks you see until lunch.
Come back from lunch and finish up daily tasks.
Go Home.
Management is good and will help out if possible.
most enjoyable is the people and hardest is waiting for projects.
Hard working fun workplace
Software Programmer 3 (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2018
I love my work environment. The company wants their employees to perform will and is willing to give the correct training to achieve the employees greatest potential.
Lack value, morality, and fairness
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 23, 2018
The work is faced-pace, which is good. Supervisors lack skills: no communications, no appreciation, favor certain employee (promote employee with no skills, qualifications, or work ethic.) An employee left the company as an AP, but was offered a finance position after leaving the company for 5 months. Your confidentiality is not important here; supervisors tell your co-workers about your salary and your job performance. If they like you, you can bring in your relative to work here. Most current employees are either looking or unhappy, evident by high turnover rate. Terrible work culture.
Pros
Free coffee, Bagels on Fridays
Cons
Supervisors lack skills, no morality and fairness
Dependent upon federal work environment
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2018
The federal work environment is tightly controlled. If you arrive late, for example, you may not make up the hours. Nor can you telecommute in the event of a natural disaster. Contractors are seen and not heard, and your input is not welcome.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
Tightly controlled environment
Fast paced and high opportunity
Government Contractor for USGS DOI (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 15, 2018
It's a pretty fast paced environment at times. It can slow down at certain times of the month. There is a lot to learn and opportunities to advance. It's an overall great place to work at.
A great place to work
Courier (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VA 22102March 8, 2018
Salient is an excellent company to work for. A typical day consists of delivering equipment to various government locations. I learned a lot about computers. The culture is like a family. The hardest part of the job is getting there. The most enjoyable part is interacting with clients and meeting their hardware needs.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
It's work
Good
Appraisal Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 8, 2018
Good place to work. To bad it is a contract position. I wish they offer better dental and parking. Local manager and staff great to work with. Company is out of touch with the local contract force.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
poor benefits
Impressive and stress free workplace.
End User Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Salient is a company where you feel more like family rather than just co-workers. Everyone is professional, friendly, knowledgeable and well paid, making the work environment stress free and a pleasure to work in. I believe that Salient does a good job of "Weeding Out Bad Apples" from getting hired. Leaving a friendly, well-liked and well-organized workgroup.
Pros
Good people to work with/ for
Cons
95% of the work is Contract Work.
Lack of Communication
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Minimal communication from management and lack of coordination were the downfall of the contract. This was a very menial job with a low technical requirement.
Standard Government Contractor
Sr. Financial Analyst - FP&A (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 3, 2018
This is your basic DC Metro Area government contractor. It hires based on contract awards, so the workforce is always changing.

The benefits are comparable to other big name contractors in the area (Medical, Dental, 401K, PTO, etc).
Job is great, career prospects not so much
SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2017
Working for Salient is a good gig. As a contracting organization, much of this is dependent on ones client, however Salient's middle management does a good job of engagement and listening. Regardless, career advancement is difficult or near-impossible unless you are already in a management role. No internal promotions as they prefer external hires for that.
Pros
Mid-level management
Cons
Senior-level management communication
Interesting
Nocomment (Current Employee) –  no commentDecember 4, 2017
It's your normal contracting gig, you show up you do your work and you get paid every two weeks. Interesting situation to be in where I work though. Getting kind of old.
Great place to work!
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 25, 2017
Salient CRGT is a great place to work. It is growing fast and there is a lot of change, but a good work experience. The office environment is friendly overall. The company is engaged with the community and that is very meaningful.
productive work place
Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 4, 2017
supportive colleagues, productive workdays, no real chance of advancement for what im particularly trying to do but they offer tuition reimbursement for college classes/ certifications
Excellent Opportunity
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 11, 2017
Salient has been excellent for me and my family. Presently looking for a better opportunity. Great place to startup for my transition out of the military.
Pros
Self governance as a productive technical writer
Cons
Office design
Productive and fun place with great benefits
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 11, 2017
Excellent work environment where you are given total freedom to essentially schedule your work days to complete your assignments. It assumes you are an adult and can make decisions required to complete your assigned tasks.
Pros
Free soft drinks
Cons
Long commute
Not Much to Say
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort huachucaSeptember 6, 2017
Contracting work is a cutthroat business. I really don't have much to say. The people I worked with were great. I was laid off one and a half months after I was hired. They apparently didn't plan on my spot being cut. I turned down four other jobs because this is what I wanted and I was told I had a job. Now those other jobs are gone and I'm stuck trying to find a job again. Good luck if you become a contractor, pay is good, job security sucks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salient CRGT. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight