Salient CRGT Employee Reviews

Productive place to work at
Role - Technical Lead (Database) (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 24, 2019
Technically strong peers, flexible work environment, structured and organized work,
Flexibility included telecommute.
very cohesive team to work with.
Position was remote
Information Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 11, 2019
Excellent company to work for. Work I performed was remote. Interaction with team members was through video or teleconferencing or both. A typical day would require logging onto the network, check mail and respond to any requirements that were new. Work on assigned projects.
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 28, 2019
Being a Technical Writer/Content Specialist, my job pushes me to learn something different almost every day about 508 and HTML. I think, when you have a job that is routine, it is easy to not have anything to look forward to, let alone not be motivated to ensure your work is the highest quality. My supervisors and project managers allow me the room to both grow, teach them new things and implement ideas that will benefit our team. Just when I think I know it all, something else happens and I learn a new way of coding or a new way of remediation.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
n/a
Excellent Job for Independent Types
IT Knowledge Manager and Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2019
Salient is an excellent company to work for. The pay and benefits are superb. My manager was respectful and genuinely concerned about the team. I worked remotely so there was little interaction with the team.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Independent environment
Fun, Forward thinking, and easy-going
Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 28, 2019
I typically worked from home within my home office. I started my day at 6 AM and finished about 2 PM. My management was easy to communicate with, and my co-workers were an enjoyment to work with. I mostly enjoyed the fluidity of my job, and the ability to learn new things every day.
Career Advancement
Talent Operation/ Project Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Great company to work for. Management is great and benefits are very good. The mission that Salient is trying to achieve is really easy to get behind. Career advancement is slow is some instances.
Pros
. Great company and great place to work. Management is great.
Cons
Career advancement is slow
Job Security Issue
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 5, 2019
With overburning budgets, there are times where there is not enough work/budget to provide full time work. Therefore, there are situations where employees need to charge PTO because of not having billable work. A very uncomfortable situation when concerned about a long term career at Salient.
Little resource managment
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 4, 2019
The organization is very contract/task order centric. There is not a plan to retain resources as task orders met the end of performance. Resources that are not billable are released.
Pros
Promotes a remote working schedule
Cons
No resource management
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver WANovember 15, 2018
Company began taking away PTO and would not match pay from other contract agencies. They take to large of a percentage that companies pay for contract employees. I also work long enough to get three weeks PTO then the upper level mgmt starting reducing the amount.
You are a line number on a contract, no more and no less
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2018
SalientCRGT does not have employees on contracts, they have line numbers. If you are on a good project, then you will have flexible hours, many work from home options, and a stable work schedule. If you are on a bad project you will have no telework opportunities and can be docked time for using your cell phone at your desk. Portfolio Managers have a lot of freedom in approving time off, and rates for merit increases, if you have nice boss on a flexible contract these things are fine. There is no loyalty to from the corporate headquarters, and if there is no position on a project, then there is no employment.
Questionable Onsite Management
Policy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 1, 2018
I'm not the biggest fan of my onsite program manager, who is manipulative and can't be trusted. However, I enjoy working with the client, no complaints there!
It was a fast paced call center
HelpDesk Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2018
It was a good place to work and the people that i worked with were knowledgeable. I learned to work through phone calls in a timely manner. It was a call center environment but the area i was in was very quite and made the job easy to do without distractions
Pros
good environment
Cons
went too work too early
Salient CRTGT is a good company. No complaints.
Desktop Support Tier 1 Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Work from 6-3. Learned and appreciate my job. People around me and management were good to me.
Management, I had a lead that ensure I did and was doing well at work.
Hardest part of the job is when remedy was down.
the most enjoyable part of the job is getting off work at 3pm.. and not dealing with traffic
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive fun atmostpher team work
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Salient CRGT has been a great place to work and not to far from my house. When I get in it's usually quite open space I work in a cubical area. I've learned a lot here through out the last seven years. Working a long side DBAs, Administrators, Business Analyst, and Testers, I've been able to work closing with them and have learned basic SQL, Business Objects, SharePoint, to name a few. Also I've work on several ticketing systems such as Web Helpdesk, JIRA, and ServiceNow. I love it when we get together as a team for lunch or happy hour help boost the moral going.
Pros
Free parking, Close to home
Cons
Healthcare
SalientCRGT
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXAugust 7, 2018
I enjoy working for SalientCRGT. I have worked with their contractors in the past and working as a contractor now...I am quite pleased with the transition. I look forward to working several years with SalientCRGT.
Very Good Company Would work for them again
Program Manager/Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 31, 2018
Good Company Great Benifits. I would work there again . Received a lot of training that they paid for such as PMP and CSM. The company culture was fantastic.
Pros
Great Pay and Leadership
Cons
Slow promotions
Great company
Network and Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 31, 2018
The only reason I marked it down in Job advancement is because in order to advance I would have to move to another state. Other than that, this is a great company.
Very enjoyable work environment
Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 11, 2018
My time with this company has been very enjoyable. I have liked working with my former and current coworkers. My supervisors have all been very pleasant and fair.
I enjoy working here
Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 11, 2018
Have very much enjoyed my time here
Courseware Tester (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 11, 2018
Since working for this company, I have enjoyed it very much. The work environment has been very relaxed and my coworkers have been very pleasant to work with. The company benefits are very competitive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salient CRGT. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight