Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System

Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews

United States81 reviews

hospitalnursepatientstaffdepartmentbenefitcareteam

New Grad PA

I am a new PA graduate and I enjoyed the fact that SVMC acknowledged this about me. They slowly brought me up to speed are training me in their particular sub-specialty of medicine. They make it onboarding process not over whelming and make sure to answer any of your questions. You feel well supported at SVMC.

Opportunities to advance education

Bad: It's no longer paid for by the Company. Opportunities are no longer available, unless the individual he/she is willing to pay for their Schooling with there own personal funds.

Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Coworkers are great Management seems to care about the staffPay is amazingBenefits are good Great Union Great teamworkI would recommend anyone to this place

Great mentors, informative, good benefts

Overall had a great learning experience working for svmh, great place to grow and wiggle Into other great health care careers! Scheduling is organized, staff are great, only thing is trouble shooting to management will lack support.

Pros

Good benefits, always overtime, decent pay

Cons

Some nurses don’t help, management lacks support

Happy place to work.

Great place to work and retire. Good working environment and good benefits. 403B , PTO and health insurance are very good. Teamwork and hardworking Employees .

Good and bad

For the most part the people who work here are friendly and kind but like any work place a few bad eggs will cause you some trouble. But hey what's life without a little diversity?Had a bad experience with one of the nursing supervisors that caused me a great deal of psychological damage while I was in a mental health crisis. He claimed to be trying to help me but his inauthenticity along with his hostility caused a dilemma. Overall the place is kindove hostile. And the work demand was high. You got to be strong and know how to hold your own while working here.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Management wasn't great

So grateful to be here

I'm so happy SVMH reached out and offered me the opportunity to work for such a wonderful, non-profit organization that truly gives back to the community. I plan to retire from here.

Pros

Free meal ticket to park at the alternate lot, free health insurance, generous pto, great salary

Cons

Supportive environment to start nursing career

I felt the training and support was exceptional. The nurses (at least the ones on my unit) were very supportive and nice. Did not feel intimidated to ask questions. Management was also very supportive. Best in-patient hospital job I’ve had. Decent pay and benefits aren’t bad.

Pros

Collaborative teamwork. Supportive environment. Good people.

Cons

Day shift vs night shift. Felt more supported on nights. Unit 1 Main should be a 3:1 assignment.

They really care about their employees

The management in the rehab dept strived to make sure changes were made to ensure employee happiness. It was a productive and supportive work environment where employee ideas are valued and taken into consideration.

Flexible and friendly environment

I worked here for 2 years and loved it. I learned alot. Appreciated the collaboration across disciplines. And made some long time friends along the way. Unfortunately I had to move away, but would still work there if I could.

Staff supportive of each other

Staff very supportive and helpful to each other, work as a team. Most willing to come in and work extra shifts when needed. Management tries to ensure that assignments are fair and that there is enough staff to cover for breaks

Good place to work for nurses

I stayed for 13 yrs. it was a great work culture. Employees are supported and the pay and benifits have been reviewed as one of the best in the United States. There is a lot to do in the surrounding area; coming from New York the Monterey Bay is one of the most beautiful places I have seen.

Good Place to Work

Working at SVMH was a joy. The staff was always willing to help each other out—some, of middle management, were willing to take you under their wings and mentor you.

Pros

Heathcare benefits were absolutely wonderful.

Cons

As with most companies, politics can get in the way.

Fun place to work and management does their best to be flexable.

Awesome place to work. Management does not put pressure on their employees and allows the employees to do their job. Everyone gets along with each other and we all help each other.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Sometimes under staffed

Excellent pay and excellent benefits

Very happy with my job and have great paying excellent benefits. They also train you if you have no experience and u get full benefits even when you are part time

Great place to get experience

Not the best place to get promoted or move up in ranks. great place to get your feet wet and learn more about healthcare. I worked in the clinics side.

Its a good place to get a good foundation for healthcare career

Each day had something new to offer. I learned that I had what it takes to be a good doctor and the lives that I was able to touch a lot of lives. The best part of the job is feeling that I accomplished something and helped people.

Pros

good experince

Cons

Great leadership and flexibility within my department

I enjoyed my 2 years working at SVMH. I had to leave as we moved back to the state of TX. I attempted to keep my position on a per diem basis but with COVID-19, flying back and forth puts myself (and my loved ones) at an even greater health risk. I recommend SVMH for anyone that wants a healthcare career, great pay, benefits and flexibility!

Pros

Open door leadership

Cons

Outdated hospital

Stable employment opportunities

SVMH provides employed physicians with a stable work environment and benefits. The workplace culture is affable. Management is receptive to employed physician requests.

Stressful

Difficult place to work. Little respect for personal life. Highly stressful, overworked often doing more than one job at a time with no compensation through overtime. Often denied vacation despite stressful environment.

Supportive Leadership

I enjoy being a part of this company. The leadership team is approachable and available. The staff environment is mainly positive and we all work well as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits