Saline Memorial Hospital

Saline Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

United States81 reviews
Family environment
Small hospital but everyone knows each other and there is a small town family like environment. Employed with Saline for more than ten years. I would recommend
Negative reputation with employees and patients
negative strategy used to “motivate” employees often is insulting to professionals organization has struggled financially for years they do not respect employees input or engagement
Pros
Local, can work your license and do your best with little oversight
Cons
Poor leadership, they do not respect you as a professional
Patient and staff safety at the bottom of priorities
Patient safety is a great concern. Very poor management. Nurses are on edge in fear of action against their liscence due to short staffing and patient safety and the inability to be in 2 places at one time.
Low pay
After 20 years in the medical field, making $22-$25 an hour for less work, these people wanted to pay me $17 an hour in the acute mental health unit! They wont pay for experience or employees with great track records.
Not a supportive environment
Always short staffed. While the management team tells you they are supportive, you best be aware that you will take as many patients are they care to pile on you. Does not make for a safe culture for nursing staff.
Pros
The nursing staff there are good people just trying to make a living for their families
Cons
Unsupportive management
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Family like environment
Loved working here, the supervisor and co-workers are easy to get along with and all have the same goals in mind - caring for the patients first and foremost!
They were a great starting point
Medtran/Saline Memorial helped me get my foot in the door of the ems world it was a great starting point but did not meet my needs long term. Good people though
Think twice
The clinics are shortstaffed and they are pulling from other clinics which causes i
Inconsistency in their own clinic, not knowing what to do in the other clinic, Patients are seeing this
Fun place to work
This was a fun place to work. The staff on the the 5th floor was amazing. The staff was so helpful, great management. The pace is very fast. Great nurses who really care.
Pros
great benefits, overtime
Cons
Fast pace
It's a job
Worked here because I always heard SMH was one of the best employers in the city. I mean, it's a job. I go to work, get to do my job AND other people's jobs too if I'm good enough at mine. The pay isn't enough to try and live comfortably and there are coworkers who barely make it paycheck to paycheck. My manager was good at his job, but his hands were tied by administration. Being a for profit hospital you would think they would want happy employees.
Pros
Discounts on Cafe and cafeteria.
Cons
Poorly scheduled work weeks, administration doesn't seem to care unless they're lining their pockets.
Great co workers
Pay scale is so far below other area hospitals that the majority of employees are continuously looking for another job. Turn over is high because of this.
Pros
Great co workers, discounted meals
Cons
Pay ; pay; pay!
Loved
I loved working at Saline Memorial Hospital. Wonderful place to work. Wonderful co workers. Wonderful shifts to choose from. Variety of learning experiences.
Family-Oriented Culture
A lot of benefits make up for the salaries that they are able to pay. Health Insurance, Retirement, On-site Cafeteria, Family-oriented atmosphere, employee discount on some services.
This was a great job to get my feet wet in the healthcare setting. I got to learn about acute care patients while in nursing school. I also worked with a great team of people.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
high patient to staff ratio
Too fast-paced
One particular nurse was on an ego power trip because as she claimed, that she worked hard for her education therefore, she treated other RNs and definitely the PCTs like second class citizens. The hospital is in area where the drug addiction coupled with mentally illness and homeless patients made for a terrible place to try and work.
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
Shady coworkers, terrible management, and drug epidemic
Great Group of Staff Members
Through the many ups and downs at Saline Memorial Hospital, I work with one of best core group of staff members. There have been many changes over the past couple years having partnered with Capella to RCCH to now LifePoint which have affected many of the aspects of nursing but the core group that has remained loyal to this facility is one of the assets that can not be overlooked.
Got a lot of work done and had fun doing it! loved the people and atmosphere. We got discounted lunches and great health care. By far my favorite job
Grab a patients file call their name, interview them, take them to the necessary location. learned how diverse people are and how to be better at customer service. management is top notch. Loved everyone I worked with, very knowledgeable people.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
short breaks
Business office out patient
Poor management.. always in “meetings “ and no where to be found.
No chance for advancement when opening was available.

Poor training and no supervisor around to answer questions.

Stay away!! RUN RUN RUN
Pros
Cons
No breaks, low wages, micro management
Charge RN
I've grown as a RN at Saline having been the only nurse on the unit at least 90% of the time. I've learned to critically think, prepare for worst and to handle situations others would possible not thrive in.
Clueless administration. Frequently changed
This company changes CEOs like socks. It started out a nice hometown hospital but now it's a for profit health conglomerate owned mostly by an out of state corporation. All they care about is making money and do not care about patient safety or standards of care. Get ready to work short staffed. HR is a joke.They don't post open positions to be filled, then expect remaining staff to work short because they aren't filling positions with new employees when SO MANY PEOPLE QUIT they work remaining staff into the ground. They cut back housekeeping, cut back security, cut back maintenance and nurses are running out like the the place is on fire because they don't want to put their license on the line. HR is condescending and hateful. All of the unit supervisors I've known are good people but they have no power over their units. Their bosses are in administration and administration knows nothing about what it takes to give patient care. They are only concerned about profit and not about employees or patients as long as they can make it look good on paper. DON'T STOP HERE... RUN AWAY!
Pros
Coworkers are great.
Cons
Administration/upper management/HR
great place to work
I worked on the med/surg floor and I assisted the nurses with taking vital signs and passing meal trays answering call lights and taking care of basic needs of the patients
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
heavy patient load
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saline Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9