Sally Beauty
59Below average
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Sally Beauty Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA19 reviews
Fun place to work but bad managers and very outdated tech.
Sallys is half working with customers and half keeping the store up and running (reorganizing product, tagging items, back stock, paperwork). You learn about the product and how to use it so you can help customers and the register. Management generally is either to hands off or micromanaging. Hard dealing with the management and not being trained well. Love learning about new product and helping customers.
Great job
Good store manager and kind and always ask if I need it help
Or if I was ok finning things clean place and the store was organized The store was clean and healthy
Fun working there!
Flexible schedule, fun working with customers and you get great discounts on items.
I will recommend the company although is not that well paid.

I had a great boss, they don’t bother you if the job is done.
Fun work place/ Better pay
Very fun place and you learn a lot, lots of good training. Compensation needs to be looked at by corporate. I love the way they allow you to express your beauty there.
I worked there because I like their products
Sally's worked with my schedule. Went through 3 managers in the 2 years I was there. Am not working there but still buy my products from them. Have long lasting friends that I met at Sally's
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Easy pace
The store where I used to work was small and had slow days during the weekday, the weekends are most busiest but are manageable. Worked with a great staff and a great manager. Overall it was a fun environment to work at.
Awful work place
I applied for management position, was promised said position, then was placed as a cashier in the front with NO MANAGER for at least a month. The other cashiers would take advantage of this and use student discounts on the products (you get more of a discount than the employee discount) and assured me it was okay. Little did I know it was not okay and I was promptly fired as soon as a manager was hired.
Pros
lots of good products for affordable prices.
Cons
poor management.
The work environment gives you the opportunity to work within deadlines without close observation. The amount of hours given depends on the amount of business the store gets with good management though the store can run smoothly.
Fun workplace with terrible management
I loved working at Sally's and helping people with questions about hair dye, make up and hair products, however the manager at my location was very late with putting up schedules and not very friendly to the staff.
Very Stressful overworked
A work day was stressful. I learned nothing. Management was difficult to explain yourself to. The work place was toxic. The hardest part of the job was that you had to do things you should not have been required to do.
my co workers always makes me happy
it has help communicating with people and have relation with people. It help me to e patience and understand people. I do not have a fix schedule i go to work qt any day
Sucks
I love doing hair and learning things about hair skin and nail care . That is what made me want to work at Sally but after a while the work becomes redundant. You can't sit down even when nobody is in the store you have to remain standing. You can't go on the phone even when everything is done you just k keep standing there. It's fun someone's doing nothing but doing nothing like completely nothing is the worst. You don't get paid over time your raise after 6 months is max. 20 cents. You don't get paid extra for working holidays. No sick days. You basically do everything that a manager would do you just get paid minimum wage.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Everything else
Beauty supply company with multiple locations
Assisted customers with everything to do with looking and feeling great. Able to work with excellent and diverse group who brought many talents to the table.
Pros
The customers and Employees
Overall, I give it a B
I was a key holder which meant that I had the responsibility of opening and closing the store and making sure that shipment had been placed and received. Co-workers tended to be lazy and untrustworthy and we would always have a high turn over. Management was very supportive and only wanted the best for the team. The company needs some work.
Pros
Manager was supportive, room to grow within the company.
Cons
Not enough Multi-culutrual items, especially in makeup.
productive day
typical day at work fun
i learned dealing with customers is not easy

management was great

co workers are great

the hardest part is stocking

the most enjoyable part is dealing with customers
cashier, restocking and organizing products
Organization of products, customer service and check out customers
-great customer service skills and communication with different people.

-excellent management

-great coworker

-cleaning up spills

-made great relationship with co-workers and management.
Pros
great team
Cons
shortbreaks and pay
Assistant Mgr
I liked working here bc it gave me a chance to build my customer service skills, meet new friends and execute leadership.
Retail Sales and Customer Service
~Retail Sales.
~Customer Service.

~Assisting customer with educating customers about products
i learned a lot but it was not worth the work
too much work for the pay that i got- it was not the best job but i learned a lot about beauty and hair in general. it is not a job that i would return to unless i made more money there.
Pros
discounts and learning about beauty products
Cons
not enough money