Sallyport Global Employee Reviews

Blind leading the blind with lies on top of lies
Master Electrician (Former Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 24, 2018
They have 50 electricians here in Kuwait all promised that they would be going to Iraq, only 18 are going.
They said they have 22 countries to send you to, now they tell us only 3 countries are open to us.
They deny the men's leave every weekend while management lives off the post in apartments and the men are in tents. Add insult supervisors go into town every night getting girls while the rest of us are stuck on base.
While most of us have been here a month or two we have never seen pay stubs.
Let's talk about management
They don't have a clue what they are doing,
They enforce rules that are totally unsafe.
We worked here for the months of July an August without ice.
We finally got ice in the middle of September.
They supplied shirts that are short sleeve and highly flammable
Guys quit every day and new people are brought in every day to replace those that have quit if you quit it takes a week to two get a ticket back home.
They promise you work clothes and then tell you to go buy your own after you get in country.
20 teams going out without ark flash equipment every day.
I could go on all day about how unsafe they are, they pay issues, the broken promises, and the list just keeps going.
Go anywhere but with Sallyport.
There are no $110 thousand dollar jobs for new hires in Iraq, you will be in Kuwait, the recruiters lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One last final thing you're promised one pay and get the lowest pay in the end, AKA bait and switch.
Pros
There are no pros working for Sallyport Global
Cons
They lie to you 7 days a week about everything.
Terrible management
Master electrician (Former Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 24, 2018
Management awful no help with new hires and no direction.can't do benefits,timesheet.or anything else.terrible living conditions and low pay.Don't believe recruiters they lie about pay and living conditions
Pros
Chaos
Cons
Tent living and restricted to base low pay should stay in afghanistan
Disorganised company and bad payers
Electrician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 20, 2018
When working in Kuwait
British are classed as third national country.
Are payed $10k less than the same qualified American.
Expected to pay for own health insurance.
Late payers on wages and expenses and always wrong.
Only benefit is you get free food
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor pay
Company has its share of problems
Program Manager, EAMS (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 21, 2018
This company has its serious share of problems, from managers that are all over the map in terms of direction and focus to poor hiring, firing and retention practices. This company seems to see dedicated hard working people as truly expendable.
Pros
Great location in Reston VA
Cons
Management that sucks.
Director, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 31, 2018
Great co-workers that go the extra mile to complete the mission. Highly knowledgable team that is professional and goes above and beyond to assist new co-works in adapting.
Firefighter/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbus AFB, MSApril 8, 2018
Sallyport Global is a great place to work. It is very diverse. Plenty of opportunities to promote and advance in your career. Time off is very acceptable as well.
continued Employmet
MICHAEL BAKER (Former Employee) –  BagramOctober 30, 2017
I had all the work I wanted if I wanted it and when I need time they worked with me .

we worked 6 12's and was paid well and treated good from management
Pros
all meals and board was included
Cons
Long hours and away from home
Management needs training in how to treat employees
Document Control Specialist I, Procurement (Former Employee) –  BaladOctober 24, 2017
Liked my job as a Document Control Specialist a lot but the onsite management didn't really care for it's employees very well. The pay could have been a bit better being in Iraq, maybe by adding uplifts.

I enjoyed a lot of my co-workers from all over. I did not enjoy getting violently ill and not much being done about it. What can be considered a very serious event.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Poor management
Overseas contract
Air Traffic Control Manager, Balad AB Iraq (Current Employee) –  Rustin Hollow, VAAugust 22, 2017
One of the better ATC contracts in the AOR. Work is steady, the base is safe and living conditions are acceptable. Food is good, and management has a real focus on the quality of life.
Enjoyable
Armory Supervisor/Gunsmith (Former Employee) –  BaladAugust 21, 2017
Enjoyable as working in a war zone can be. Would do it again. My work helped others protect and save the lives of not just themselves but others as well.
Daily inventory of all government property
Property Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 8, 2017
I love my work as property specialist. We conduct a daily inventory to make sure that each assets are accurate in location per MAXIMO system. Management is great.
Pros
Day off
Cons
Working sometime in harsh weather
The MWR provide relief after a long day of work
Guard Force Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 16, 2017
A typical day is knowing that everything that you are assigned for will be in place and the subordinate leadership ensured mission complete. And the host country appreciates your support.
Pros
Very professinal work enviroment, day to day interaction with host country
Cons
keep positive feed flowing never letting negitive feed back go without addressing it.
I have learned so many things that has made me an even more valuable asset to future employers.
MWR Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 14, 2017
I've had the opportunity to learn a lot since coming to work here in Balad Iraq. It has been a life changing experience that I will never forget. I would even work for this company in a different country or state if given the opportunity.
Pros
I have pretty much no overhead responsibilities.
Cons
I'm in a locked enviroment.
Material Storage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BagrāmApril 8, 2017
I just love how they take care of their people and there is no discrimination among leadership and employees. The human resources team is upstanding. One of the great policy about sallyport that I love is, sallyport will make sure to keep employed at all time. Which is upstanding for company that take care of her employees.
Pros
safety comes first
Cons
Extremely management loaded with no clue
Director of Construction (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 8, 2017
I would not recommend this company at any cost. You are dealing with a bunch of top military people who have moved over yet do not understand what the term mentoring means. They car every little about their people and treat them poorly and do so with disdain in a culture that is not employee friendly. You're a number plain and simple even at the Directors level. C-suite is a total mess of Ex Blackwater people who have no clue in how to run a business.
Pros
some people inside are good folks
Cons
Top C-suite on down terrible acumen
Positive Outlook
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 23, 2017
This company has the potential to be something amazing! I feel like anyone that is part of the organization is part of something special with the expected growth anticipated. Every employee has something to bring to the table, and the company an excellent job empowering the people to do the things they are best at.

There are some quirks here and there, but overall the company is in a start-up mode, and things will happen. Fortunately, the company can learn, grow and develop from any mishaps.
Pros
Flexible hours, Culture
Cons
Growing pains
Good experience in training foreign nationals
QRF Sector Commander/Response Force Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 31, 2016
Provided tactical training for over 500 Iraqi Forces. Very challenging due to the language barrier, but the immediate feedback from the Iraqi Soldiers made the mission worth it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hostile enviroment due to location.
Great group of folks and great benefits/salary
Restricted Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OCONUSAugust 16, 2016
This isn't my first rodeo in the contracting world but I must say this has been my best experience overall. Great hardworking co-workers, benefits blow away my previous companies, and considering the OCONUS location it's a good quality of life.
Pros
Private CHU, Wifi, Gym, Dfac
Excellent Company
Project Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 17, 2016
Company is great to work for, did a few years in Afghanistan with them.They are a great company to work for, they have jobs in war zones accoss the world.
Very nice company
Boilermaker Mechanic/Operator (Current Employee) –  Clear, AKDecember 20, 2015
Extra efforts were made to support us in a remote location (Clear AK), examples include: rental vehicles, television purchase for each employee, complete winter gear purchase/issue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sallyport Global. Our community is ready to answer.