Sallyport Global Employee Reviews

Company has its share of problems
Program Manager, EAMS (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 21, 2018
This company has its serious share of problems, from managers that are all over the map in terms of direction and focus to poor hiring, firing and retention practices. This company seems to see dedicated hard working people as truly expendable.
Pros
Great location in Reston VA
Cons
Management that sucks.
Firefighter/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbus AFB, MSApril 8, 2018
Sallyport Global is a great place to work. It is very diverse. Plenty of opportunities to promote and advance in your career. Time off is very acceptable as well.
What I learned
Enterprise Asset Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 2, 2018
Management was open to me allowing me to apply my skills and assist in other areas beyond my initial job duties. It helped show my value to the company.
Pros
Allow for personal professional growth
Cons
No yearly employee reviews yet.
continued Employmet
MICHAEL BAKER (Former Employee) –  BagramOctober 30, 2017
I had all the work I wanted if I wanted it and when I need time they worked with me .

we worked 6 12's and was paid well and treated good from management
Pros
all meals and board was included
Cons
Long hours and away from home
Management needs training in how to treat employees
Document Control Specialist I, Procurement (Former Employee) –  BaladOctober 24, 2017
Liked my job as a Document Control Specialist a lot but the onsite management didn't really care for it's employees very well. The pay could have been a bit better being in Iraq, maybe by adding uplifts.

I enjoyed a lot of my co-workers from all over. I did not enjoy getting violently ill and not much being done about it. What can be considered a very serious event.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Poor management
Overseas contract
Air Traffic Control Manager, Balad AB Iraq (Current Employee) –  Rustin Hollow, VAAugust 22, 2017
One of the better ATC contracts in the AOR. Work is steady, the base is safe and living conditions are acceptable. Food is good, and management has a real focus on the quality of life.
Enjoyable
Armory Supervisor/Gunsmith (Former Employee) –  BaladAugust 21, 2017
Enjoyable as working in a war zone can be. Would do it again. My work helped others protect and save the lives of not just themselves but others as well.
Daily inventory of all government property
Property Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 8, 2017
I love my work as property specialist. We conduct a daily inventory to make sure that each assets are accurate in location per MAXIMO system. Management is great.
Pros
Day off
Cons
Working sometime in harsh weather
The MWR provide relief after a long day of work
Guard Force Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 16, 2017
A typical day is knowing that everything that you are assigned for will be in place and the subordinate leadership ensured mission complete. And the host country appreciates your support.
Pros
Very professinal work enviroment, day to day interaction with host country
Cons
keep positive feed flowing never letting negitive feed back go without addressing it.
I have learned so many things that has made me an even more valuable asset to future employers.
MWR Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 14, 2017
I've had the opportunity to learn a lot since coming to work here in Balad Iraq. It has been a life changing experience that I will never forget. I would even work for this company in a different country or state if given the opportunity.
Pros
I have pretty much no overhead responsibilities.
Cons
I'm in a locked enviroment.
Material Storage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BagrāmApril 8, 2017
I just love how they take care of their people and there is no discrimination among leadership and employees. The human resources team is upstanding. One of the great policy about sallyport that I love is, sallyport will make sure to keep employed at all time. Which is upstanding for company that take care of her employees.
Pros
safety comes first
Cons
Extremely management loaded with no clue
Director of Construction (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 8, 2017
I would not recommend this company at any cost. You are dealing with a bunch of top military people who have moved over yet do not understand what the term mentoring means. They car every little about their people and treat them poorly and do so with disdain in a culture that is not employee friendly. You're a number plain and simple even at the Directors level. C-suite is a total mess of Ex Blackwater people who have no clue in how to run a business.
Pros
some people inside are good folks
Cons
Top C-suite on down terrible acumen
Positive Outlook
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 23, 2017
This company has the potential to be something amazing! I feel like anyone that is part of the organization is part of something special with the expected growth anticipated. Every employee has something to bring to the table, and the company an excellent job empowering the people to do the things they are best at.

There are some quirks here and there, but overall the company is in a start-up mode, and things will happen. Fortunately, the company can learn, grow and develop from any mishaps.
Pros
Flexible hours, Culture
Cons
Growing pains
Good experience in training foreign nationals
QRF Sector Commander/Response Force Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 31, 2016
Provided tactical training for over 500 Iraqi Forces. Very challenging due to the language barrier, but the immediate feedback from the Iraqi Soldiers made the mission worth it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hostile enviroment due to location.
Great group of folks and great benefits/salary
Restricted Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OCONUSAugust 16, 2016
This isn't my first rodeo in the contracting world but I must say this has been my best experience overall. Great hardworking co-workers, benefits blow away my previous companies, and considering the OCONUS location it's a good quality of life.
Pros
Private CHU, Wifi, Gym, Dfac
Excellent Company
Project Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 17, 2016
Company is great to work for, did a few years in Afghanistan with them.They are a great company to work for, they have jobs in war zones accoss the world.
Very nice company
Boilermaker Mechanic/Operator (Current Employee) –  Clear, AKDecember 20, 2015
Extra efforts were made to support us in a remote location (Clear AK), examples include: rental vehicles, television purchase for each employee, complete winter gear purchase/issue.
Fast Paced Inviroment.
Dispatcher, Vehicle Operations Flight (Former Employee) –  Middle EastDecember 14, 2015
Very fast paced and challenging work environment to work in. Learned how to work with all the other branches of the military including civilian companies. Managed anywhere from 30 to 100 individuals at any given time depending on the task at hand.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Heat
Governmental Contractor
Structures Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2015
SallyPort was one of the best companies that I have worked for. They had overseas contracts and stateside that were available for application. The management team was remarkable to work with and understanding of the needs of the overseas contractors. The employees or co-workers were some of the best in their field and were very knowledgeable.
Pros
Pay, Healthcare, Advancement, Management
Cons
Time away from home
Fun work place with supportive managers.
Sr. Lodging Technician Service Desk admin (Current Employee) –  Balad air BaseSeptember 25, 2015
The typical day at work is assisting the customers. I have learned to deal with people of different nationalities and learning their ways and culture. I have learned to work virtually to upper management using emails and Skype calls. Take meeting minutes on conference call. No hardest thing that cannot be learn. experienced wise. When I am recognized or praise for a good job performance.
Pros
free housing and meal.
Cons
once a year vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sallyport Global. Our community is ready to answer.