SalonCentric Employee Reviews

Great way to learn Sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 4, 2018
Very busy location in Farmington Hills. Learned how to batch salon orders so they would have faster checkout times. Great opportunity to hone your customer service skills.
Love all my customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 30, 2018
It can be a great place to work. It can be trying, wishing I would have had a better manager so I could have had a better experience there. I loved all of my customers there. They are my family.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Long work hours
Horrible
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, PAOctober 28, 2018
Do not recommend working here unless you enjoy being surrounded by moronic managers with no common sense and have no ability to lead. They constantly will change your hours with little to no notice. In the last 3 years, my hours changed at least 10 times when I have never voluntarily changed shifts. The pay and benefits only slightly make up for the fact you will have no life to enjoy the money or any time off to recuperate. Find another job that won't ruin your lifeā€”or sanity.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Incompetent managers, no life
Very little support
District Salon Consultant (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CA 91355October 18, 2018
Was surprised by lack of support from management. Was visited by management to my territory for 2 day days (my first two days), then not at all for next 5 years.
Owned by Loreal
Prestige Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2018
Some of the procedures/training's could be updated for a more successful turnout. It is not an easy job but can be lucrative if you do your job. Good experience.
Benefits
Cons
Sales Meetings
Fun and very busy.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 5, 2018
Busy with customers and shipment distribution and inventory. Learning about the ins and out of the beauty industry was great. They also give the employees a great discount.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Uncertainty of weekly schedule
Great people
Master Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 26, 2018
I loved working with the group at Saloncentric, I got very close with a lot of them. It was like family and we all worked as a team. Would love to go back!
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, discounts on products
Cons
Na
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 23, 2018
I loved working for Salon Centric. There were a couple of co-workers that were not that great, but I think that every place has them. The management was fantastic, and I got to travel to other stores to help out when there was personnel that had left. They don't stay open super late and guaranteed to have at least Sundays off, and you only had to work one Saturday a month.
hard work but love the business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 4, 2018
I loved my job. It is hard work. It requires standing all day, lifting contuinously and most of the time no bathroom breaks. I loved the customers and all the managers I had the joy of working with.
Short-sighted and petty
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 11, 2018
I love the customers, the discount, the products, and honestly the hours aren't bad at all if you're used to retail. The problem starts with upper management. Straight from the top you are talked down to and belittled. The work load and demands are out of control. You're by yourself most of the time and expected to work miracles. If you are successful you get a small pat on the back. Very political atmosphere at corporate. There is extra money to be made in bonuses, but you spilt it with your staff.
Pros
Discount, hours, products
Cons
political, no training, dangerous locations
your replaceable..
picker (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 8, 2018
extremely hot in the summer and cold in the winter. high turnover rate for a reason.. most people hired are temps. alot of favoritism and a few girls their that if u get on their bad side they will immediately report you too HR so be careful who you talk too. ober time is pretty much mandatory if u dont like it they will replace u by next week
Pros
they provide u with free meals sometimes
Cons
long hours and low moral
Fast paced and interesting workplace
Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJuly 27, 2018
Salon Centric is a wonderful place to work. They offer health insurance, and paid time off. The hardest part of this job is working in a fast paced environment. They give you plenty of time to work and achieve your hourly and daily rate.
Its okay
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 27, 2018
Very physical work. More then expected. Labor hours are restricted making it difficult to balance tasking with sales. Goals are somewhat unrealistic as labor hours are not allocated to perform all assigned tasks. this is pretty normal in retail. Overall not a bad place to work and not a great place to work.
Sell sell sell!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MIJuly 13, 2018
Great work environment. Ok pay. Nice discount on all loreal products in stores and online. Would work here again. Easy going management.. must work weekends though
Pros
Bonuses when goals are met
Cons
Weekends
Upper Management is very numbers driven and unreliable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 10, 2018
The product discount and relationships w/ customers were great. The General Manager was rude and often lied to employees. Even when bringing up concerns to the corporate office the GM lied to them and remarked that she gets a lot of calls a day so a call from an employee could often get lost in transition or forgotten about. Corporate never took any of the employees concerns seriously about her abuse of her position.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers and good product discount
Cons
General Manager often lied
worst place ever
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2018
I was there briefly and not trained, had to oversee a new position and not one person knew how to train. Management is HORRIBLE and my dept was small so there was no reason! Theyu spent more money on useless meetings and food over putting it in employees check and to be a part of management you couldnt be pretty or thin. There was total toxicity, no care of a workers merit and caddiness! DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Always fattening food
Cons
Too many to list
Great Work Life Balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FL 32405June 29, 2018
This was just a temp job for me because I was going through a divorce and needed flexible hours.
Overall this isn't a bad place to work. You do have to work by yourself for long periods of time and the work itself is very demanding but I really enjoyed it.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
working alone
Great Discount on hair care products
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Castaic, CAJune 29, 2018
In my opinion management makes you feel very unimportant as an individual unless you work in the corporate office in Florida or in management position. The job itself is very easy and not stressful. For the pay, this would be a great first time job to grow your skills and move on. There is no real room for growth unless you are in Florida.
Pros
Free product, great discount
Cons
low pay, no growth
not a good environment
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJune 21, 2018
hostile work environment- management does not communicate well with employees. needs improvement-too much pressure put on daily tasks-very stressful-company does not compensate for collections like other companies do.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no communication
Was busy, and understaffed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 20, 2018
We were busy at our store, but perpetually understaffed. The management blamed employees for lack of time to get necessary things done, even though they didn't hire enough people. As well as brought on management that didn't know the industry which was detrimental to our customer base.
Cons
no breaks if we were are store by ourselves, no benefits, worked crazy schedule for no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SalonCentric. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight