SalonCentric Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sell sell sell!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MIJuly 13, 2018
Great work environment. Ok pay. Nice discount on all loreal products in stores and online. Would work here again. Easy going management.. must work weekends though
Pros
Bonuses when goals are met
Cons
Weekends
Upper Management is very numbers driven and unreliable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 10, 2018
The product discount and relationships w/ customers were great. The General Manager was rude and often lied to employees. Even when bringing up concerns to the corporate office the GM lied to them and remarked that she gets a lot of calls a day so a call from an employee could often get lost in transition or forgotten about. Corporate never took any of the employees concerns seriously about her abuse of her position.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers and good product discount
Cons
General Manager often lied
worst place ever
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2018
I was there briefly and not trained, had to oversee a new position and not one person knew how to train. Management is HORRIBLE and my dept was small so there was no reason! Theyu spent more money on useless meetings and food over putting it in employees check and to be a part of management you couldnt be pretty or thin. There was total toxicity, no care of a workers merit and caddiness! DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Always fattening food
Cons
Too many to list
Great Work Life Balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FL 32405June 29, 2018
This was just a temp job for me because I was going through a divorce and needed flexible hours.
Overall this isn't a bad place to work. You do have to work by yourself for long periods of time and the work itself is very demanding but I really enjoyed it.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
working alone
Great Discount on hair care products
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Castaic, CAJune 29, 2018
In my opinion management makes you feel very unimportant as an individual unless you work in the corporate office in Florida or in management position. The job itself is very easy and not stressful. For the pay, this would be a great first time job to grow your skills and move on. There is no real room for growth unless you are in Florida.
Pros
Free product, great discount
Cons
low pay, no growth
not a good environment
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJune 21, 2018
hostile work environment- management does not communicate well with employees. needs improvement-too much pressure put on daily tasks-very stressful-company does not compensate for collections like other companies do.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no communication
Was busy, and understaffed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 20, 2018
We were busy at our store, but perpetually understaffed. The management blamed employees for lack of time to get necessary things done, even though they didn't hire enough people. As well as brought on management that didn't know the industry which was detrimental to our customer base.
Cons
no breaks if we were are store by ourselves, no benefits, worked crazy schedule for no benefits
work life
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 8, 2018
I loved working at Salon Centric. However, I needed health benefits for my family and they just couldn't afford to put me on full time to accommodate those benefits.
Just another corporate job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2018
Each store is part of a district and every district is in constant competition. The competition is so severe, you're competing against other stores and employees. The competition was exhausting and made it impossible to give genuine advice to a client because you're so worried about making sales.
Fun Place to Work
Full-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMay 25, 2018
Salon Centric is a very fun place to work with many opportunities to learn about new products. They want their customers to have every option available to learn so they make sure their employees are well educated.
Okay if you're looking for only PT with no interest in advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 22, 2018
This job is okay for anyone who has experience in the beauty industry and is only looking for something part-time. If you plan to grow from within the company it's very hard to come by. If you aren't in a high position you're looked at often as disposable, they care solely on numbers and not the quality of work or performance. You are given lots of task and responsibilities most shifts while working mainly solo. The pay is poor for the amount of work you'll end up doing with a crew of 3 to 4 people. Most Saturdays you end of working 8.5/9 hrs alone with no breaks. If you try to advance with the company its very difficult to move up even as an internal candidate. I have seen first hand the company hire outside people before looking to qualified internal candidates.
Pros
Product Discount, Decent operating hours, Off on major holidays, Gratis
Cons
Low pay, No room for advancement
Extreme resposibilities
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2018
Most of the time associates are working by themselves and are constantly working and having to accomplish many projects and duties by themselves. Interacting with the public is what I enjoy most about the job.
Pros
Discounts on store items
Cons
Too little pay for the amount of work required
SalonCentric Sales Consultant
Premium Redken and Pureology Salon Consultant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 13, 2018
SalonCentric sales consultant position is one where the individual has to be highly motivated and disciplined. This job provides for flexibility in day to day activities and commission structure.
Run! Far away
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 12, 2018
Upper management cares nothing about the employees. They are too concerned about "offending" someone and don't look at the teams they already have in place. Their biggest concern is to push out all the originals who built the company and hire people who are willing to do the jobs of 3 people for measley pay.
My district manager was AMAZING! Everyone above her had no clue how to run the stores or how to talk to people. They do not listen to employees and only add responsibilities and tasks that already have a department that obviously aren't doing their jobs. Store managers spent large amounts of time working social media and driving sales on their personal time. Demands on store managers are never ending but labor hours are not given.
Pros
Discount, customers are family
Cons
There are too many to list. Just don't even apply.
terrible
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 9, 2018
you won't have a life working here plus they let you work by yourself for hours. The discount was great and wonderful products. So many dumb rules and not enough pay wasn't worth it
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Do not reccomend...
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  NCMay 8, 2018
Your schedule will be super inconsistent, expect to always work weekends. Store employees are always part time, they never hire full time anymore unless you are upper management, who always seems to be on vacation enjoying their paid time off and full benefits while the part time employees can barely find a second job to fit in this ridiculous schedule they give us. This job is NOT worth the energy and time and ridiculous high standards they keep, for the LOW pay we get.You do not get raises, unless they do an employee evaluation which they never wanted to do and the raise will be a few cents if anything.
If you are trying to pay your bills and make a living this job is not for you.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
everything else
Sales Associate
Sales Associate/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2018
my experience was ok I worked for 4 years....the discount on products was the best part.. but there was no room for growth. its ok if you love the beauty industry.
Pros
great discount
Cons
no room for growth
Great company but...
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New HampshireApril 18, 2018
Needs improvement.
The company is moving in the right direction, the employees need to catch up.
Stop rewarding bad behavior.
Plan the work, then work the plan.
Enjoyable job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 16, 2018
Enjoy my job but want to advance in hours and pay is low.... full time is hard to come by with the company. Needing benefits and hourly wage to live on.
Pros
Discount on purchases
Cons
No benefits and low hourly pay
Awful
Customer Service Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILApril 16, 2018
The only good part about this place was the customers. They were the only reason I stayed as long as I did. Otherwise all they care about is making money. always short staffed and don't allow you to have enough staff on duty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SalonCentric. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight