SalonCentric

SalonCentric Employee Reviews

United States543 reviews

centricsalonlorealproductbeautydiscountstorehair

Retail, customer service

Great place, very low pay. Loved working in beauty industry related job, but the pay was not proportional to the demands of the job. Store was under-staff. Great coworkers!

Loved working there. Sad I Wasn’t able to transfer

Great perks, fun people to work with, keeps you busy most the time. Will miss everyone including the guests. They made it a point to give back to the community

SalonCentric insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and great place to work at.

For those who want to grow in a growing company this is the place to be. Learn and be disciplined and always complying with safety and production guide lines.

Productive and fun workplace

we all work together, it’s a good place to be. They train you super well and always are there to answer your questions. If you love the beauty industry, salon centric is where it’s at!

Good benefits

Not much previous work experience to compare to. No room for advancement. Department re-orgs take place every few years. It seems that they like to create a new role for existing employees to move them up in the organization and not posting that new role for anyone to apply for. Salary increases do not account for or include current inflation rates.

Drama, talk behind one another's backs

Dig behind customers backs. They could care less about integrity and what it represents. They are slighted and judgemental. There is no real team. Just sharks who sniff blood.

This place taught me the meaning of “burnout”

Lack of support from upper management, very understaffed. Major stocking issues. Positions remaining unfilled and the few employees left forced to fill in.

Pros

The discount

Cons

Everything else

Depends

The free products, discount, and pto are great if you can handle the stress. You will be required to wear many hats including credit card agent. Workload is heavy at high volume stores because shipment is large and labor is minimal. They will normally try to pull support from your store to others in the area so it feels like you're managing multiple stores a time. High turnover, lots of tech glitches despite a new system. Support is essentially non-existent from upper management and HR. Customers can be extremely mean without any negative repercussions as well staff insubordination.

Sales

Great company to work for. Work scheduling, times, locations. Management and teams at all locations are great to work with and for. Great for product knowledge

easy to grasp

A very easy entry level job.. the pay is average.. work some weekends not all.. just show up and be on time and you it can be the best job you ever had

Pros

very generous with free product

Cons

no overtime

Decent job

Pro: Compensation, rewarding benefits and stable work-life balance.Cons: Working no more than 15 to 18 hours per week, standing all day working heavy workload from shipment and often by yourself with little to no lunch breaks.

Great job but wide range of productiveness

I love working for salon centric and being a part of the team. They definitely value your work life balance but I would say sometimes too much because I only get 11.5 hours if I’m lucky so even with the good pay it’s still the same as working a minimum wage job. But when you are working you’re constantly on your feet moving around boxes from the shipments that consistently come in.

Pros

Work/ life balance Good pay

Cons

Not a lot of hours working by yourself

Not a horrible place to work but you must be flexible about the day to day mood swings and what your role is with upper management

I've worked here, Have risen through the ranks. As with any company when new management comes in things change. What the vision was before isn't anymore.

Pros

Pays the bills

Cons

What you want and what you need isn't real high on the priority list

Fun place to work many different activities are done throughout the year.

My job is collecting payments and calling customer for past due as well as answering call as we are a call center department. Making sure that all calls are recorded and noted on Salesforce.

Don’t bother

Management in this company is a joke. I don’t wanna go into too much of details because obviously with what I would say they would know exactly who I am. Company does not care about you AT ALL. Their last priority is finding employees for support in stores which is the most ridiculous thing in this. (: I was so excited to work for L’Oreal thinking that this was going to be an amazing opportunity to advance in a company. I was lied to coming into this job and I’m still being lied to while being here. There can be no work or life balance when there are no employees to work. Raise your minimum pay and hire more people. This company needs to do better at finding district managers and managers for their stores. Staff is most definitely a joke.

Was fun at first.

Micromanagement, lack of communications, management is very incompetent. Front office managers have no sense of direction. Firing good people for lack of training as well as hear say.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Poor leadership

Decent Company

No advancement opportunities once you reach store manager. Culture is ok but not inclusive. Loved my small team within the store but goals were often unrealistic. Good benefits though.

Pros

Good insurance

Cons

Poor managment

Favorite job

Lots of perks and great staff. Too For growth. Was a great company that paid well. The only downfall was the long hours and working holidays and weekends.

Pros

Pay, products, discounts

Cons

El ambiente y ética de algunos líderes

El ambiente algunos días esta Super bien y divertido, otros dias no tanto. El compañerismo es fatal todo velan por lo suyo, Los líderes o Supervisadas tienen sus favoritas y esas la apoyan o defiende de todo

Flexible and fun

Always meeting new people and learning something new. Fun promotions to prepare for and a flexible work environment. Management was always extremely understanding and helpful.Overall, it was a good part time job.

Horrible place to work. No support or growth

This employer is not supportive, they do not offer help. You must be willing to work 24/7 without proper pay, no breaks given and you work alone closing and opening. Very unsafe

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SalonCentric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare SalonCentric with

• SalonCentric
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?