Salsa Queen Employee Reviews

You make it as fun as you want it to be
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Southern area of UTMarch 16, 2019
Working at salsa queen has been one of my favorite jobs I’ve ever had. You meet tons of people when you go to stores and build relationships with them as well. But if you are having a bad day or a bad attitude it completely swings your shift around and it can feel very repetitive. But the beauty of that is that it’s up to you on how much effort you’re going to give and if you will make it a good shift or a bad shift. Most relaxed job I’ve ever had and is great with hours and time since I’m a student
Pros
Can get free salsa anytime you’re in west valley
Cons
Small company so you never know when you can advance further.
Perfect job for busy students and lots of fun!
Salsa ambassador (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 19, 2019
Every week I get to pick my schedule and the shifts are minimum of four hours long which is perfect for my busy student schedule. The management is super great, they are flexible and super helpful. You do have to buy your own supplies (chips, paper towels, and spoons) but you get paid an extra dollar an hour to cover those costs. You can pocket the extra money if you go to stores with good deals for those supplies. You can work as short or as long as you want, and it pays very well. As a student I’m able to juggle school and work with still being able to pay all my Expenses needed. You can meet great people and sell amazing salsa :)
Pros
Great pay, many ways to get raises, make your own schedule, great management!
Cons
Sometimes have to drive a little far
Flexible Schedule, Good Hours and Pay
Brand Ambassador / Sampler (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2019
I LOVE working for Salsa Queen! They really work hard to treat their employees right. The management was always willing to work with my schedule as a student, and having family things that needed to be taken care of. They incentivized sales, which I loved! It allowed me to make more because I was selling more.

Overall, great company with a great future.
Pros
Great pay, flexible hours, understanding bosses
Cons
Seems advancement is limited
Low wages, no benefits and you pay for your own supplies to do the Demo even the chips!!!
Demos/Events (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UtahOctober 25, 2018
I QUIT because it was NOT worth it. When I got hired they didnt tell me I was gonna have to pay for my own napkins, paper towels, gloves n tortilla chips. Then if I had to go to 2 stores in 1 day I was not compensated for gas. Also 1 day I didnt make enough sales and got threatened thay they were going to cut my hours and that did it for me.

TOTALLY NOT WORTH WORKING FOR!!!!!!
Pros
They let you miss 1 day every 2 weeks if you need it.
Cons
You pay for all your supplies....napkins, papertowels, gloves n chips to do the demo. Money comes out of your pocket its a win loose.
Official response from Salsa Queen
February 19, 2019

I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with our company.It appears that there were likely some miscommunications when you were hired.

All our samplers are automatically reimbursed for all supplies that they are required to purchase while working for us, this includes gas, if ever you are asked to drive somewhere outside of your normal locations.

We hold all samplers to minimum, highly achievable, sales expectations based off of your region. If we discussed cutting your hours, it was likely because you were working full time (which is unusual for our sampling positions) and were not fulfilling these minimum sales numbers over the course of several months.

A close Knit local company with room for growth and flexible management.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 8, 2018
The overall point of my job is to demo and increase sales of Salsa Queen. The job is extremely independent and requires a lot of self-management.Overall I've loved the company.
Pros
flexible hours, room for growth, free salsas.
Cons
Short shifts, not knowing co-workers. daily different work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salsa Queen. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2