Salt Lake Community College Employee Reviews

Training and the process was fun and easy
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Accounts PayableAugust 27, 2018
I've enjoyed the short amount of time while working in the Accounts Payable Department, as the training was exceptional and very detailed which lead my final results to an above performance along with finishing my daily task in a very high timely matter. Time management is extremely important along with details of each submission for payment. The team of ladies were fun to work with, and the manager was easy to get along with, as he diligently assists his clerks in the accounts payable department through his guidance and understanding. It was an excellent place to work.
Pros
Flexible with time management and personal appointments
Cons
No cons that I could think of during my contract time.
Salt Lake was great
Office Manager/ Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2018
I loved Salt Lake, Nothing bad to say about it, I was well taken care of an I did my jobs well. They could always count on me to get certain things done. Thanks to Salt Lake for that experience it was wonderful.
Pros
Free lunches
All in all a good company
PORTER (Former Employee) –  SLC UtAugust 14, 2018
Good company well managed and staffed Made a couple lifelong friends great experience management very understanding full-time positions can have free tuition
Best environment to work in!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 9, 2018
This has been a very rewarding job. It is like a big family where everyone knows everyone and are super friendly. It is a fun and easy-going environment. Your co-workers/boss actually care about you and your well-being. It is very flexible especially if you are a student too. I would highly recommend working here!!!
Pantry Associate
Pantry Associate/Work Study (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2018
Adequate. It's a wonderful project that I look forward to seeing expanded there for future employees and customers alike. No one should ever have to go hungry.
Don't believe all the good things you read about this place.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 2, 2018
The school has a reputation for being diverse and fair. I found the environment hostile, stifling, hypocritical, and cliquish.Ultimately left due to the hostile and discriminatory work environment. Have applied for other positions and don't even get a chance to interview.
Adjunct Instructors
Adjunct Biology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 6, 2018
Very little appreciation from management for the role adjunct instructors play in the biology department. Little to no interaction with management unless problems arise.
Pros
Tuition waver
Cons
No benefits
Very Relaxed Place
Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJune 29, 2018
Work was a very unstressful. Nothing really exciting ever happened. The day was pretty much helping student and teacher find class rooms and also receiving money for parking passes and other fees for classes.
Pros
Able to do Homework
Cons
Got boring sometimes
Part time work while at college
Volunteer Womens' Basketball Strength Coach (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 29, 2018
Working was more of an internship, not really paid for what I did. I did more than I was asked and more hours than asked also.
As a student it was a great place.
N/a
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJune 25, 2018
Working a the communications specialist for the communication department was so much fun. you get to meet new people and everybody feels welcomed into the group.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Work Study
Great Community College
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2018
Great community college that is continuing to grow and expand. The administration does what it can to grow and build each program. They spread each employee thin but understand the demands
Pros
open
Cons
low pay
A positive exerience
College Advisor/ Specialist (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJune 6, 2018
I worked for the ODMA in the area where we work with students at Taylorsville and Kearns High Schools. Providing them an avenue where low income students can attend college if they are willing to do so.
Pros
Working with High School Students was fun!
Cons
Not enough training.
Great work environment
SLCCSA President (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 29, 2018
Great place to work when you are passionate to serve and guide students..
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
I enjoy working with and for people.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 25, 2018
I am a people person, and would like to have a job, preferably helping people. I enjoyed helping students and instructors with any needs that they may have. I listen to needs and concerns, and act upon them.
its a college
AISL Club Vice President (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2018
I had a great time getting my education at Salt Lake Community college and learned a lot of skills that will help me throughout my professional career
Student Work-study job, part time
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2018
Gave opportunity to have a job in the community, at an elementary school, rather than a job on campus. I enjoyed working with children and helping them learn to read.
Pros
flexible with school schedule, enjoyable work
Cons
only lasted until Work-study grant was used up.
Great place to work!
Full-Time Faculty-Assistant Professor-MA (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMay 15, 2018
Truly enjoyed the educational goals set for the students and the opportunity to instruct so many different classes. Great mentors and fellow colleagues.
Fun place too work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2018
Working there was cool they have good benefits I met a lot of good people it taught me maturity in time and management. It was good because they also works with my basketball schedule
stressful place to work
Aide II Campus (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2018
poor management, things could be actually easy for everyone if the manager were able to listen and accept advices, requests from customer and worker. but that also made me learn how to always be a good manager
Pros
free pizza at the meeting
Cons
no breaks
Having Fun and learning at work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 4, 2018
This job was great fun and learning as well. I worked with all the clubs and students on campus. I worked with several international student organizations and helped recruit staff for the multicultural office. I worked with students helping them to plan events and learn how to manage their time and skills. I also worked with the wider community to foster stronger ties between the college and the community at large.
My day would range from meeting with students, student government and also the steering committee for the college. I worked closely with the planning events committee on the events calendar for the school.
Pros
Travel, helping students reach their goals or exceed their goals
Cons
long hours during events