Salt Lake Community College

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Salt Lake Community College Employee Reviews

Best Job I've ever Had
Writing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 18, 2018
I loved what I did and loved helping people. You could see improvements in people's writing in a way that was visible and measurable. A blast of a job to have.
Pros
job culture, management
Cons
low pay
Professor-Automotive Technology (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 7, 2018
Giving back means everything. Teaching allows me to make a living while making a difference. I also get the opportunity to teach the next generation skills that will enhance their life.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
pay
Why i love SLCC
French Tutor (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTDecember 7, 2018
I enjoy working here at Salt Lake Community College it was a great experience So here every one work as a team. So I just pass my personal training certification just want to move in that direction.
Supportive and Amazing Culture with people invested in you
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR BIOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 29, 2018
I work as a lab instructor and the position is very straightforward. There is constant communication and support from the managers. They are invested in helping you advance if you are committed to being apart of the team. I started out as a lab aide in a class and was able to progress to a paid senior lab aide position and then into a teaching post. The social environment extends beyond work and you develop friendships. Management is available and supportive. There is often work needing to be done outside of work hours, but they pay well for the hours you do work to compensate for the hours worked outside of time paid. Working with the students can be both the most difficult and most rewarding part of this position. Its great to work with them to help the succeed, but it can be challenging when the students aren't motivated, or you can't quite get thru to them.
Pros
Have a say in scheduling, good pay, plenty of support from management
Cons
Can be limited hours available
I would have stayed if...
Adjunct Faculty, Communication (Former Employee) –  Lake City, WANovember 23, 2018
I taught there for 9 years and loved it! I loved the faculty and their willingness to share ideas and techniques. Everyone was there to help each other out rather than to create a division between each other.
Pros
working with students
Great learning environment
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 4, 2018
Great learning environment. Great atmosphere. It's what you make of it. Possible stagnation due to limited promotional opportunity. Feeling a part of SLC community.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Advancement
Appreciative
Adjunct professor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 26, 2018
I was an adjunct professor at SLCC for biology, physiology, and anatomy. It was a great opportunity for me to teach students and faculty members, as a part-time position.
Excellent Workplace, Limited Advancement Options
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 17, 2018
SLCC was an excellent place to work but it has limited room to grow. Specifically within the health sciences division. Management at the upper tiers of the school seemed competent and engaged, middle and lower management was disorganized and unprofessional dragging staff into disputes between departments.

The staff and student population is second to none in the Salt Lake Valley. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to try public service as it offers adjunct positions.
Pros
nice staff, varied students
Cons
lackluster middle management, limited room for advancement
Internal Basketball
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTOctober 9, 2018
The people are great and the work is good. enough consistency and variety to not be monotonous, there is a lack of inter-departmental communication with about 67% transparency so a lot of details tend to be dropped into other departments laps at the last minute with no one real department being able to make 3 pointers.
Pros
Free food every now and then, no sick occurrences, lots of events on campus, free parking
Cons
no performance review, no career growth
Good workplace
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Library at Redwood CampusOctober 2, 2018
This was a great place to work and I enjoyed it most of the time. Some of the policies for advancement were frustrating and seemed unattainable. The people who were advanced in the job seemed to be no better than myself, but I was never considered for advancement.
Great place to work at
Taylorsville - Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTSeptember 30, 2018
My job at Salt Lake Community college was comfortable. Management made me feel welcomed and treated me with respect. I highly encourage anyone who is looking for a job with a good salary and close to school to work at SLCC.
Productive and fun
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 23, 2018
Atypical day at work is fun and productive. I learned how to have fun (during break time with my team lead and other co-workers). My management is great! Very Encouraging. The workplace culture is hardwork and positive attitude. The hardest part of the job is completing my assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking smoking break with my team lead and all of my coworkers.
Pros
Productive and good workout
Cons
Short break
It was a good place to work, there was just to much fighting.
Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTSeptember 20, 2018
It was okay, a little different to do the inventory since I was used to trucking parts and hospital inventory etc. Fast pace, management was pretty good. The hardest part of the job was putting up the inventory, and when I would have to do the inventory things were rearranged, this was due to having cooks in the inventory daily.
Great Employer
Rider Coach (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 17, 2018
SLCC is an amazing employer that looks for the best employees and instructors. I enjoyed teach and instructing new motorcycle riders in the “Learn to Ride” program offered at nearly all of the campuses.
Pros
Open sign up scheduling
Cons
Training and the process was fun and easy
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Accounts PayableAugust 27, 2018
I've enjoyed the short amount of time while working in the Accounts Payable Department, as the training was exceptional and very detailed which lead my final results to an above performance along with finishing my daily task in a very high timely matter. Time management is extremely important along with details of each submission for payment. The team of ladies were fun to work with, and the manager was easy to get along with, as he diligently assists his clerks in the accounts payable department through his guidance and understanding. It was an excellent place to work.
Pros
Flexible with time management and personal appointments
Cons
No cons that I could think of during my contract time.
Muy organizados
Manager de ventas en un “Concession Stand” (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake County, UTAugust 23, 2018
Proveer y garantizar que todas las facetas del puesto de comida se estén ejecutando de una manera eficiente y eficaz. Proporcionar un alto nivel de servicio al cliente en un ritmo de trabajo rápido llevando acabo un aumento en ventas y calidad; a la vez ayudar al inventario y cierre de caja del stand.
Salt Lake was great
Office Manager/ Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2018
I loved Salt Lake, Nothing bad to say about it, I was well taken care of an I did my jobs well. They could always count on me to get certain things done. Thanks to Salt Lake for that experience it was wonderful.
Pros
Free lunches
All in all a good company
PORTER (Former Employee) –  SLC UtAugust 14, 2018
Good company well managed and staffed Made a couple lifelong friends great experience management very understanding full-time positions can have free tuition
Best environment to work in!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 9, 2018
This has been a very rewarding job. It is like a big family where everyone knows everyone and are super friendly. It is a fun and easy-going environment. Your co-workers/boss actually care about you and your well-being. It is very flexible especially if you are a student too. I would highly recommend working here!!!
Pantry Associate
Pantry Associate/Work Study (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2018
Adequate. It's a wonderful project that I look forward to seeing expanded there for future employees and customers alike. No one should ever have to go hungry.