Salt Lake Community College

Salt Lake Community College Employee Reviews

United States310 reviews
Great place to work, especially for people coming out of their PhD/grad programs. Great work-life balance, benefits, and flex hours. The culture is all about feedback and learning, which I value.
I work in the student services department and overall it's been fantastic thus far. I was lucky to get the job before the pandemic started, and my supervisor and co-workers have been great at supporting me throughout this unexpected telecommuting period. I've also had opportunities to work with other departments while telecommuting, in order to assist with extra work that they need completed. I've enjoyed making connections with the other departments and I hope to continue working here for as long as I can.
Too many people have political agendas that make it difficult to work and move forward in job goals. While I was respected by many, it was difficult to advance in many aspects because of dealing with overall politics. While benefits such as vacation, sick leave and health insurance are very good, compensation to match job duties is well below par.
I hated every single day I was there. I wanted nothing more but to leave and never come back. The manager did not support me in anything. I met outcomes and did my job to the best of my ability, yet it was a toxic and negative environment...
Given plenty of time to learn new work skills.
Management has been very much a manage yourself organization, which has been amazing. Great opportunities to learn and expand work skills.
I would like to say that SLCC is a fantastic place to work. I have never felt more inclusion than I feel at SLCC. Diversity is one of the glove like fits that is offered there. Going to work is a joy.
All the people who work here are awful. They do not try to get to know you, make you work long hours and expect more out of you, always changing your schedule, give you little pay, no work life balance, no one knows boundaries, everyone smokes everywhere even though it's a smoke free campus, weird people coming in to visit at night, can be very sexist against women who want to work nights, was always assigned to the most mundane projects because they thought I wasn't capable of driving the carpet machine, racist against foreign exchange students, and much more.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
I really enjoyed working at SLCC. I took pride in my job and I would have stayed if it was a full time job. I learned valuable work skills and had great co-workers and a great manager who genuinely appreciated my work and wanted all of our team to succeed. It's a place that cares about their workers and the community.
Costumer service desk and receptionist.
Anywhere from scheduling to Personally assisting people SLCC was a great environment to learn how to multitask and help everyone in campus.
Worked with some wonderful people. Taking advantage of early retirement options. Amazing paid Benefit Package including medical, dental and vision. Endless educational opportunities.
There is no logistics here everything is shot from the hip. No question can get answered have to figure out problems outside our department. There is little to no direction when doing work order and a lot of work done outside of the work orders get done.
Cultural diversity is false, no respect for other cultures or races. Administrators does not listen to concerns. Most will avoid negative concerns and push under rug.
Worst job ever supervisors do not care or listen to you there’s no one there to get you the product and things you need always being yelled al Very unfair work conditions
Perhaps the most political environment I have ever worked in. Male employees are treated with open disdain while personnel with very questionable values are openly catered to and rewarded. It is a very racist and sexist culture.
SLCC is excellent place to work. Great employers, and loved the people I work with. It is great to work independently and working on problems with vendors as well as the department
I thoroughly enjoyed working at SLCC. Great employers, great benefits and loved the people I worked with. The work was very stable and I always knew what I needed to do when I arrived.
A typical work day consisted of taking roll call to account for all employees. Next all assigned tasked were assigned to proper employees for the work day! Employees then reported to their assigned areas and performed their daily work tasks.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Short breaks
This was a good experience, but not entirely meant for me. They seemed to demand far more than what I was able to give – given that they knew I was a full-time student.
I like the work, I really enjoy what I do and they have great benefits. It is great to work independently and working on problems with vendors as well as the department.
I enjoyed working for Salt Lake Community College. They were always able and willing to work with any concerns I had, especially with instruction questions or curriculum development.
I definitely enjoy working here. The only thing not good is the pay. There are multiple campuses, and you will have to sigh a new contract every semester.