Salt Lake Community College Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Very Relaxed Place
Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJune 29, 2018
Work was a very unstressful. Nothing really exciting ever happened. The day was pretty much helping student and teacher find class rooms and also receiving money for parking passes and other fees for classes.
Pros
Able to do Homework
Cons
Got boring sometimes
Part time work while at college
Volunteer Womens' Basketball Strength Coach (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 29, 2018
Working was more of an internship, not really paid for what I did. I did more than I was asked and more hours than asked also.
As a student it was a great place.
N/a
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJune 25, 2018
Working a the communications specialist for the communication department was so much fun. you get to meet new people and everybody feels welcomed into the group.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Work Study
Great Community College
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2018
Great community college that is continuing to grow and expand. The administration does what it can to grow and build each program. They spread each employee thin but understand the demands
Pros
open
Cons
low pay
A positive exerience
College Advisor/ Specialist (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJune 6, 2018
I worked for the ODMA in the area where we work with students at Taylorsville and Kearns High Schools. Providing them an avenue where low income students can attend college if they are willing to do so.
Pros
Working with High School Students was fun!
Cons
Not enough training.
Great work environment
SLCCSA President (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 29, 2018
Great place to work when you are passionate to serve and guide students..
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
I enjoy working with and for people.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 25, 2018
I am a people person, and would like to have a job, preferably helping people. I enjoyed helping students and instructors with any needs that they may have. I listen to needs and concerns, and act upon them.
its a college
AISL Club Vice President (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2018
I had a great time getting my education at Salt Lake Community college and learned a lot of skills that will help me throughout my professional career
Student Work-study job, part time
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2018
Gave opportunity to have a job in the community, at an elementary school, rather than a job on campus. I enjoyed working with children and helping them learn to read.
Pros
flexible with school schedule, enjoyable work
Cons
only lasted until Work-study grant was used up.
Great place to work!
Full-Time Faculty-Assistant Professor-MA (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMay 15, 2018
Truly enjoyed the educational goals set for the students and the opportunity to instruct so many different classes. Great mentors and fellow colleagues.

Want to know more about Salt Lake Community College?

Ask a question
Fun place too work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2018
Working there was cool they have good benefits I met a lot of good people it taught me maturity in time and management. It was good because they also works with my basketball schedule
stressful place to work
Aide II Campus (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2018
poor management, things could be actually easy for everyone if the manager were able to listen and accept advices, requests from customer and worker. but that also made me learn how to always be a good manager
Pros
free pizza at the meeting
Cons
no breaks
Having Fun and learning at work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 4, 2018
This job was great fun and learning as well. I worked with all the clubs and students on campus. I worked with several international student organizations and helped recruit staff for the multicultural office. I worked with students helping them to plan events and learn how to manage their time and skills. I also worked with the wider community to foster stronger ties between the college and the community at large.
My day would range from meeting with students, student government and also the steering committee for the college. I worked closely with the planning events committee on the events calendar for the school.
Pros
Travel, helping students reach their goals or exceed their goals
Cons
long hours during events
Very supportive staff and administration
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2018
The staff and administration are very supportive and helpful at Salt Lake Community College.
I have enjoyed working with and helping adults to accomplish their academic goals in mathematics.
Pros
Work with people
Cons
Work with people
Grounds keeping , seasonal job
Grounds keeper (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 28, 2018
For that position they hire only seasonally , usually people who go to school and wanna make some money. Topically I started at 7 am, had a bread meeting that got assignment and went over to start doing what needed to be done. At first someone else was driving the little car and we would be transported tat our assigned place. Later I got to go to a class to be able to drive those little golf cars. We would pull weeds, clean, plant trees. Take the garbage and so on. Hardest was that it was very hot in the summer and my job was outside only.
Pros
Car pullng with my dad
Cons
Hot, outside only. Short breaks
Great job for welding student
LAB COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 17, 2018
An excellent job for welding students at Salt Lake Community College. Maintain welding shop to ensure safety and productivity of students. Maintain welding shop tools and equipment to keep all in working order. Receive and stock in inventory all new material deliveries. Assist students with projects, equipment, materials and teacher instructions General fabrication of custom displays for student training materials.
Pros
Fun working environment, extra time to work on some of your own projects
Cons
only for welding students at Salt Lake Community College
Great boss and co-workers.
Secretary III (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTMarch 29, 2018
My boss at SLCC was fantastic! He was very diplomatic and fair. He was authoritative without being overbearing. Also, my co-workers were friendly and easy to work with.
The most enjoyable part of this job.
Psychology Adjunct Instructor (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84123March 23, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with my students and seeing my students succeed. I also enjoy the ability to expand my knowledge of life and have a positive impact in this way to our future generations.
awesome
Camp Counselor and have worked there (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 19, 2018
great place to work. co workers are very friendly and ready to help you with whatever you need. the night shift is hard to work on but other than that its really fun.
Work study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 9, 2018
It’s just work study government granted money to study and get paid. Only made 5,000 for a whole semester they were a bit unorganized about time sheets
Pros
Study
Cons
Not organized