Salt Lake Trucking Group Employee Reviews

There was 1 person there in particular that clearly was not qualified.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 9, 2019
If I lived in Salt Lake City, I would go back there for employment if I could find a qualified Co driver I could get along with. I was there for a little less than 90 days.
Benefits suck but pay is good
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 4, 2019
Terrible benefits but good pay, slip seating sucks and you can’t get a rhythm. Maintenance sucks too, can’t get them to do a simple oil change. Trainers only want the extra pay and don’t actually care to train or you get one of the guys that wants full control of everything you do so their life isn’t bothered by you.
fun
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 18, 2019
loved working there but got let go because i received a DUI charge in april 2019 and was a truck driver my license is suspended until 10/2020 so i'm unable to work there any longer
Avoid like the plague
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 30, 2019
The management will lie to you and take every opportunity to cheat you out of your pay. They don't care about your safety and will discourage you from seeing your family.
Pros
They pay for their own gas.
Cons
No work life balance, inconsistent home time
I like it
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 15, 2019
I like the job. The managers and dispatchers are really cool. I have awesome co-workers, very nice people. I enjoy what I do, and being out on my own.
Pros
BBQ's, working independently
Cons
Can't think of any
Team Driver
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2019
I was with the company for about 8 months the pay was good the home time sucked but that's trucking. If you did your job they leave you alone I had to leave because of my wifes health. I would still be there if not for that was sad to have to leave
Pros
Pay, the way they treat the employes
Cons
Home time
Horrible place!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 18, 2019
They have multiple names don’t let them fool you!! They’ll rip you off and treat you like trash! They reset your clocks and force you back out! Stay awayyyy! They take your money and say u agreed to .17 cpm when you didn’t.. always text them so you have proof of conversation
Pros
Cons
Too much to list
Not a great company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 29, 2019
I worked here for a short time. While here all the promises they made fell short. I was promised steady work, than to find out its only if you have a hazmat endorsement. Than I'd go get trucks with the promise of being able to keep that truck just to have to turn it over to someone else. Like that wasn't bad enough we also had to ride teams and get paid every 2weeks
Cons
Unfairly treated, no appreciation,No compassion, no care for the individuals.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 28, 2019
If you are good at this job, you will be ran into the ground. Your route will be doubled and you will be expected to complete the days work, with same pay as someone who does bare minimum. No reward or appreciation for good performance. Just a body to use mentality. If you want to be seen as an asset and rewarded with appreciation for your service, I never found that here. I suggest, go slow on route, you will be given a smaller number of packages for same pay as a top performer. Take care of yourself and listen to your body, they did not show compassion for people injuring themselves due to work load and expectancy. I've seen they are always hiring, high turn over rate, and I'm guessing it's because nothing has changed. Serve money not people thought process. Don't stress about their demands, they don't stress about your well being. Again, go slow, set your pace, no matter how heavy they load you up. Do what you can do and stay true to yourself. If you are a work horse they will treat you just as such, and not care for your contributions. Good luck!
Cons
Many
Low concern for safety
Home Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 27, 2019
The company is spread so thin, safety is their last concern. The trucks they provide are in terrible condition. Broken mirrors, shotty breaks, issues with axels. They demand a lot from you in a very short time causing accidents what seems like daily. They tell you it’s a simple job and it is, they do t tell you they are disorganized and they make it complicated. They force you to go rescue people who are not doing their job after you did yours. Dispatch is a bunch of jerks who do t track what’s going on at all. Terrible place to work, they say $150 a day then work you well over your shift making your rate go down very low for a delivery job.
Pros
You are on your own
Cons
Everything else
Salt lake trucking
Driver (Former Employee) –  UtahFebruary 24, 2019
I worked for them for over year and just when I thought this is good it wasn't. Dispatcher's are very disrespectful and be little you at all times. I put in a complain on one of the dispatchers and never heard nothing from HR. I quit and don't recommend this company. They don't treat you with respect.
Unprofessional, And disrespectful.
Soon to be trucker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2019
I was told I'd be on a run to Denver on a night run, they hadn't even done background check nor drug screen more so just wanted able body for job .Not good. I would suggest staring clear. Do yourself a favor and steal clear.
Pros
They get you on the road fast.
Cons
They dont work with you.
Horrible place to work dont do it.
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 27, 2019
Terrible place to work, hired me on have me 5 days of work and nothing else. Extremly unorganized and slow at getting anything done. Do yourself a favor and pass on this company! They work you into the ground while taking their time to get you paid.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Good company
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2019
Small company good people. This is my first cdl Otr experience but I’m learning a lot plus I have a great trainer. All the trucks are new and bonuses occur after 2,500 miles which are not that hard to get as a team driver
Such a fun, happy work place!
Receptionist/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 7, 2019
I would work there again if I had the opportunity. Being the receptionist was a fun task, challenging at times, but worth it. It was the perfect job for me.
Eh
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 11, 2018
Management is an absolute joke. Not willing to work with employee unless if benefits company financially or benefits one of the management personally.
Great place to work to gain your doubles experience.
OTR Truck Driver for FedEx (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 3, 2018
Learnt a great deal with hauling doubles with this company. Pay is little above industry average, but more drivers are wanting weekly time off. Depending on who you talk to in the company, work-life balance isn't a factor and even though they don't do force dispatch, there was a time that I we were forced to take a load in the Winter when I didn't feel comfortable driving in the snow...again, depending who you talk to. Since then, I've lost respect for the company.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Often times short on pay check.
Productive and fun workplace
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 24, 2018
Fun work environment, open door policy, standard 8-5 hours with hour lunch break.

I enjoyed working here and taking on the challenges it presented. You are treated well. Fantasy sports create comradery and fun rivalry.
Pros
Free lunches at least once a month
Great Starter Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 15, 2018
SLTG is an awesome company for those who are starting out in trucking. They are helpful and willing to work with your driving record and background. They will help to obtain your CDL and train you to get going on the job. They have local work and work on the east side of the U.S. if you would like to travel. They pay for transportation cost to get you to where you want to work. They will pay for hotel stay if you ask.
Pros
Willing to work with MVR and backgrounds.
Cons
No set routes.
Great Environment More better are the People
CDL Class A Driver OTR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2017
I enjoy working at SLTG , the management and staff are among the finest folks you will ever have the opportunity to work with....not for.

Your NOT a ### here, everyone will know your name and there is mutual respect for one another.

They are flexible and understand we are not just Professional Drivers, we all have Families and they need us as well.

Great Place to be a Professional !!!
Pros
Absolutely
Cons
Not so much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salt Lake Trucking Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8