Salt River Project Employee Reviews

Thriving Utility Company in the heat of Phoenix
Marketing/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMay 25, 2018
Assisted in marketing, customer service, and volunteer work within several communities. I learned that it is good to have a life and work balance, and also to contribute to others at the same time. The environment was very inviting, and everyone always had a smile on their faces walking by. Advancement is available, if you have the education to support the role. I would highly recommend this company to anyone!
An exiting fulfilling place to work.
Trades Helper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2018
Excellent pay,A very competitive exiting place to work.They have many opportunities for advancement. they are union based and non profit. Also.they have barbecues all the time.
Pros
Almost everything.
Cons
you work 60 plus hours a week
Angry customers, all day long
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 28, 2018
I worked in the customer service department, the job itself was great and once you were comfortable it was like second nature. The problem was you got yelled at all day long by angry customers and no matter what you said or did they were never happy. I'm very good at conflict resolution and trying to explain to someone why they have a high electric bill when they already know why, they just don't want to pay it, is stressful. I couldn't keep doing it. The management was great, they helped in every way they could and coached very well. It was very fast paced, you would hang up a call and immediately get another. No down time all day, not a bad thing, unless you're listening to people scream at you all day. I got to the point where I would sit in the parking lot before my shift would start and I would have to drag myself in because I HATED coming to work, just because the customers.
Pros
Great training, can apply for a set schedule
Cons
customers, micromanaged
very nice employees
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2018
very stressful work hours and expectations. The people are the most enjoyable part of the job. The company is also very good at supporting the community.
Pros
good people
Cons
long hours and no work life balance
Emphasis on life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 20, 2018
The culture encourages and supports work/life balance, but from a progressive, challenging work environment it fails. Leadership talks a good game, but does not support with action.
Pros
alternative work week
Cons
lack of decision-making and progress to improve
Productive activity
Welder (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 13, 2018
The pay was great, especially for a short time period of working at SRP. The workers alone were very helpful in helping my access certain things. Many objectives were compelted at the time.
Great Company
College Intern (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2018
Excellent working experience. The company can provide great insight to student currently in college as to what is like to work in a corporate work place. Great learning experience.
Salt River was enjoyable
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Working for Salt River was great! I grew so much learning about the company in the almost 8 years of being employed there. I'd recommend this job to anyone if opportunity became available.
Pros
Benefits/work environment
IT Department could use more than a few pointers
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2017
Managment is unorganized and clueless about various IT security flaws. I should have left the moment I realized I've been there for a week and had no correct working tools or access.

- For a major company with unlimited resources, they are very outdated, especially in regards to enterprise systems and Business Analytics.

- If you'd like to be taken seriously, I wouldn't take an IT job here, management has delusions of grandeur in regards to how quickly a system can/should be set up in regards to both security and support.

- If you are there as a contractor, take your own notes and cover your own back; management will "scapegoat" you to cover their own lack of understanding of their systems and currently existing issues, making you look like a fool.

- Keep to yourself, people always find a way to "use you" if you're a nice guy/girl.
Pros
Decent coworkers, quiet relaxed, space
Cons
Highly unorganized, lack of integrity, horrible security
Excellent Company
File clerk required (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 28, 2017
Great company to work for. My time was short due to my role being a temporary assignment, but thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Excellent benefits and people to work with.
Safe and Friendly work environment
PayCenter Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 26, 2017
Spent my days driving around checking and repairing SRP PayCenters. Was a full time position driving all day under minimum supervision making sure that the PayCenters had the maximum up time so customer could pay ther bills and put money on their mpower cards. Overall a friendly coworkers and management nice self driven job with minimum oversight.
Pros
Good pay for fairly non demanding job with minimum management oversight
Cons
only 2 shifts mornings and nights and if you want mornings you are unlikely to get it, Also 7 day operation so weekends are worked also.
Nice people, productive and fun place to work for.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 12, 2017
I treat my work as my own business. I would work an hour or more than my regular hours to check and make sure that I've done an accurate job and more production everyday.
Boring work.
Journeyman Lineman (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 17, 2017
Overall pretty good company very safe work environment a lot of good employees all the tools and equipment you could possibly need to perform jobs. Only reason I'm considering leaving is the work is boring and company doesn't cover enough area so not much room for movement.
Pros
Nice equipment and tools.
Cons
Not enough area.
High Stress
Zanjero/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Salt River Project pays fairly well but there is favoritism. If a supervisor does not like you or has a friend or family member they prefer for a position they will target a person.
Pros
allowed to work independently
Cons
watched by gps, and in truck cameras
Interesting and learning enviroment
Assistant Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springerville, AZSeptember 5, 2017
A typical day at work included receiving, inventorying materials for many different contractors and filing reports.
I learned a lot about material handling and warehousing.
Management was good, but some competition among supervisors.
Workplace culture was mostly blue collar workers.
The hardest part of the job was it was either boring or super busy. There was no steady work.
I made some great friends and opened doors for another good job.
Pros
Good people to work with, good pay.
Cons
Competition among the supervisors.
Great work/life balance and pay/benefits
Customer Service Analytics (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 13, 2017
Great work/life balance and pay/benefits, although the culture and management are not quite as extraordinary. Advancement at and into managerial levels is difficult without many years of experience with the company.
Pros
work/life balance and pay/benefits
Cons
culture and advancement
Decent job with great pay.
Journeyman Plant Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2017
SRP is a great place to work. I have enjoyed my hard work and dedication to the company.The pay is comparable to other power plants in the area. I would recommend this employer to anyone willing to work hard.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Too many managers, not enough workers
Great Company
-compensation for education
-can be stressful
Stable and Secure Job
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2017
SRP is a stable work environment with minimal day to day stresses.
The work culture here can be a little conservative and projects tend to progress slowly. If you're looking for a stable long term position with great retirement and health care benefits then this is the place for you.
Pros
Job security, Work life balance, Management
Cons
Slow pace, conservative attitudes, Located in Phoenix AZ
Family and Local Community loved company
Meter Reading/Field Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2017
By far it is the compensation of this company and its benefits that keeps people applying for positions. But you have a better chance on obtaining a job if you know some one.
Pros
Excellent place for an education and for a career.
Cons
They are quite cut-throat when terminating ones position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salt River Project. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight