Salt River Project Employee Reviews

Teletrabajo
German agent (Former Employee) –  Home basedDecember 14, 2018
Buena empresa, atendía al mercado alemán y francés. Una gran gerente quien siempre estuvo cerca a pesar de ser teletrabajo
Pros
Remuneración
Cons
Cierre de cuenta
had a wonderful 16 years
Customer Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2018
Awesome company to work for. Excellent benefits and advancement opportunities. Great pay and time off paid. Great volunteer opportunities. Training for six weeks covers every aspect of job up to on-the-job.
December 17, 2018

Congratulations on 16 years! Thank you for your review, we wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Journeyman Substation Electrician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 4, 2018
Awesome place to work. Safety is the top priority. Really care about their employees. This company is very family friendly. Job advancement is made easy if that is your goal. Challenging work with a variety of fields to work in.
Pros
Safety minded, care about their employees
Cons
N/a
December 17, 2018

We know leaving a review takes time and we appreciate your comments. Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Typical office-space setting, working with phenomenal people.
Safety Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2018
A typical day at work for an intern is checking in with your manager and other members of your team to get a scope of the jobs that need being done that day. You may be assigned specific team members to work with on projects like content management, but these roles are fluid and as an intern you can expect a relatively high rate of project turnover. SRP is extremely flexible with their interns. Basically, you are able to immerse yourself where you feel the most interested and driven to be productive. The workplace culture is phenomenal. Most everyone is upbeat, and there is a pervading sense that most people know everyone else, which is extremely welcoming for new folks.
Pros
Great company culture, welcoming, great pay, inclusive of interns, many opportunities for distinguishing projects
Cons
A lot of hours of training programs and onboarding, slow work cycle
August 27, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience as an intern at SRP. It's great to hear you enjoyed your time and worked on impactful projects.

Employees are empowered
Senior SSIS Developer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 24, 2018
I was a contractor initially hired for a 2-3 month project, and ended up getting extended beyond their 12 month limit. They had trust and respect for what I could do, and let me do it the way I felt was most efficient.
Pros
Flexibility in work hours and duties
Cons
limitation on length of time a contractor can work there.
August 29, 2018

Thank you for providing a thoughtful and balanced review on your time as a contractor at SRP. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Don't Do It. It's not worth it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2018
I would not recommend working at SRP. Even though they pay very well you will suffer to receive the pay. It feels like a prison working there and you don't have any freedom without someone looking over your shoulder.
August 29, 2018

We are so sorry to hear you had a bad experience at SRP. We will share your feedback with leadership and wish you the best of luck in your career.

Great place to work if you are juiced in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 19, 2018
A great place if you are related to a manager or socialize with them. Too many people are passed over for promotion because they are not on the "inside". You could tell who the insiders were because they got fast tracked without any previous experience and little, if any, higher education. In my 10+ years here I saw countless unqualified people become managers and directors by the age of 35, while experienced workers with advanced degrees languish. The company has many hourly workers putting in long days and working hard. At the same time managers and directors create new jobs and work centers to hire and/or promote friends and relatives. The pay is great but you must be able to ignore the waste and duplication of work that happens on a daily basis.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad management
August 29, 2018

We know it takes time to right a review and we appreciate the feedback you've shared with us. We will share you concerns with our HR team and encourage you to use official HR channels in your career to help identify improvements or issues.

Great place to work. Many have worked here continuously for long careers.
Sr. IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2018
In my particular role, it's easy to leave work at work. That's important to me as I raise a young family. I don't normally have to do much work from home or overtime.
Pros
Alternative work weeks (9 hrs M-Th, 8 hrs every other Friday) very common. Excellent benefits including insurance and retirement.
August 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are especially proud of our benefits and work/life balance, and its great to here you are too.

Thriving Utility Company in the heat of Phoenix
Marketing/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMay 25, 2018
Assisted in marketing, customer service, and volunteer work within several communities. I learned that it is good to have a life and work balance, and also to contribute to others at the same time. The environment was very inviting, and everyone always had a smile on their faces walking by. Advancement is available, if you have the education to support the role. I would highly recommend this company to anyone!
August 29, 2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at SRP. Best of luck in your career!

An exiting fulfilling place to work.
Trades Helper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2018
Excellent pay,A very competitive exiting place to work.They have many opportunities for advancement. they are union based and non profit. Also.they have barbecues all the time.
Pros
Almost everything.
Cons
you work 60 plus hours a week
Angry customers, all day long
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 28, 2018
I worked in the customer service department, the job itself was great and once you were comfortable it was like second nature. The problem was you got yelled at all day long by angry customers and no matter what you said or did they were never happy. I'm very good at conflict resolution and trying to explain to someone why they have a high electric bill when they already know why, they just don't want to pay it, is stressful. I couldn't keep doing it. The management was great, they helped in every way they could and coached very well. It was very fast paced, you would hang up a call and immediately get another. No down time all day, not a bad thing, unless you're listening to people scream at you all day. I got to the point where I would sit in the parking lot before my shift would start and I would have to drag myself in because I HATED coming to work, just because the customers.
Pros
Great training, can apply for a set schedule
Cons
customers, micromanaged
very nice employees
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2018
very stressful work hours and expectations. The people are the most enjoyable part of the job. The company is also very good at supporting the community.
Pros
good people
Cons
long hours and no work life balance
Emphasis on life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 20, 2018
The culture encourages and supports work/life balance, but from a progressive, challenging work environment it fails. Leadership talks a good game, but does not support with action.
Pros
alternative work week
Cons
lack of decision-making and progress to improve
Productive activity
Welder (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 13, 2018
The pay was great, especially for a short time period of working at SRP. The workers alone were very helpful in helping my access certain things. Many objectives were compelted at the time.
Great Company
College Intern (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2018
Excellent working experience. The company can provide great insight to student currently in college as to what is like to work in a corporate work place. Great learning experience.
Salt River was enjoyable
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Working for Salt River was great! I grew so much learning about the company in the almost 8 years of being employed there. I'd recommend this job to anyone if opportunity became available.
Pros
Benefits/work environment
IT Department could use more than a few pointers
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2017
Managment is unorganized and clueless about various IT security flaws. I should have left the moment I realized I've been there for a week and had no correct working tools or access.

- For a major company with unlimited resources, they are very outdated, especially in regards to enterprise systems and Business Analytics.

- If you'd like to be taken seriously, I wouldn't take an IT job here, management has delusions of grandeur in regards to how quickly a system can/should be set up in regards to both security and support.

- If you are there as a contractor, take your own notes and cover your own back; management will "scapegoat" you to cover their own lack of understanding of their systems and currently existing issues, making you look like a fool.

- Keep to yourself, people always find a way to "use you" if you're a nice guy/girl.
Pros
Decent coworkers, quiet relaxed, space
Cons
Highly unorganized, lack of integrity, horrible security
Excellent Company
File clerk required (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 28, 2017
Great company to work for. My time was short due to my role being a temporary assignment, but thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Excellent benefits and people to work with.
Safe and Friendly work environment
PayCenter Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 26, 2017
Spent my days driving around checking and repairing SRP PayCenters. Was a full time position driving all day under minimum supervision making sure that the PayCenters had the maximum up time so customer could pay ther bills and put money on their mpower cards. Overall a friendly coworkers and management nice self driven job with minimum oversight.
Pros
Good pay for fairly non demanding job with minimum management oversight
Cons
only 2 shifts mornings and nights and if you want mornings you are unlikely to get it, Also 7 day operation so weekends are worked also.
Nice people, productive and fun place to work for.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 12, 2017
I treat my work as my own business. I would work an hour or more than my regular hours to check and make sure that I've done an accurate job and more production everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salt River Project. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss