Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 14,306 reviews matching the search See all 15,875 reviews
Avoid working here
CLERK (Current Employee) –  MICHIGANJanuary 20, 2019
The workday depends on shift..You literally are working non stop from the time you get in to the time you leave.Orders being shouted at you from many different people you dont know which direction to turn. The people that are good workers are expected to pick up slack from the lazy workers, they will grind you to the ground. Then you ask for a day off, most of the time denied.. but you have others that dont ever work weekends or have the easy shifts. Management very rude and think they are better than you. If you need a job desperately take it but my experience was its not worth the money,
Productive, but inconsistent workload
Cake Decorator/Baker (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 20, 2019
Depending on the season, hours for part-time associates can vary greatly (15-40 hours/week). They are flexible with school scheduling, but it is hard to take time off outside of your availability. There is a sense of satisfaction in the work, and management is generally reasonable and understanding unless they are being pressured by someone higher up. Overall, a decent place to work with fair compensation.
Pros
Regular breaks
Cons
Inconsistent Hours
Stable but Consistent workplace
Night Crew Stocker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2019
While my time with the Night Crew was short, I experienced a level of competency and work ethnic that i found lacking in many other areas that I've worked. My managers' were well versed in their job and instructed me in my duties and answered my questions to the best of their ability. Any issue that i felt was above my station that was brought to their attention was dealt with in an orderly manner by way of instruction or a helping hand.
Pros
Steady hours, Good enviroment
Cons
Strict Hour 40 attendance, work must be completed before opening time
Great place to work, just wish they would pay a little bit more.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 24, 2019
Greet members as they come into Sam's, Check members receipts as they leave. Help on self-checkout for 7 stations. Everybody is like a family. Everybody treats you like you are family. You have nice breaks and lunches, every two hours you get a break and it is not passed up. The culture of the store is so nice. I love meeting all the different people and talking with them and making friends with them and then they come back every time wanting to talk to you.
Pros
Good food in the cafe
Fast paced work Environment that can be challenging at times
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 24, 2019
A typical day of work found me at different work stations. Cashiering, member services return desk or in electronics. I learned that providing an excellent member experience is key. Management has an open door policy that makes you feel heard. The workplace culture was very friendly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate members. The most satisfying part of the job was resolving their issues. That was also the most enjoyable part of the job. I also loved the challenge of driving the forklift.
Pros
Making connections with so many people members and teammates
Cons
Not enough work hours
It was alright.
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZJanuary 27, 2019
For a first job it was exciting hearing all these oppurtnites and benefits, but as soon as i was given my schedule my availability was awry but i was on school break so i didn't mention it first but half way through i brought it up and nothing happen so i got a proper form for my availability gave it to my supervisor and nothing happened still. So i almost had to leave school early to go to work before she fixed it. And still i had to fix my current week and trade shifts with my coworker.
Bad. Just bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 1, 2019
If you’re looking for a company that will value your hard work, you’d best look elsewhere. In my experience, Sam’s does not care about the individual employee. Quite often will they expect you to do more work than you’re capable of doing by yourself in one day, and will then reprimand you for not being able to do it. The management is a complete mess: left hand has no clue what the right is doing. There is no shortage of disgruntled employees at the location I’ve worked at. WILL NOT GIVE YOU A RAISE NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK! Feels like workers are expendable and not valued at this workplace.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Workload, bad management, pay
Great enviroment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 2, 2019
It is a great environment to work at, had great experiences. Does recognize when you excel, and opportunity to move within the company is good. The hours are not so great, neither is the pay. sometimes currently short of staff, making your work hours , sometimes stressful. over all, is a good place to start if you are a teenager, and looking to start building your work history, and to earn money. But not good enough for a cost living.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
too low pay
Every store is very different
Appleton, W I - Cashier (Former Employee) –  appleton, wiFebruary 2, 2019
The job can be extremely stressful because a lot of the customers are business owners and they always seem to be in a huge rush. Management is always changing they can not seem to keep management for more than a few months its pretty ridiculous. There is a lot of heavy lifting and a lot of fun competition between the whole store so it makes it more enjoyable.
There is a lot of repetition so you have to make sure you stretch and move when you can cause there can be a lot of heavy lifting.
Pros
free membership and discounts, flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, poor management
Fast paced work environment
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 4, 2019
A typical work day consisted of communication with the rest of the tire department to see what needed doing. Whether it was assisting customers at the register or installing tires. On hectic days our supervisor was a great help in resolving issues with customers, but it being a big warehouse with hundreds of employees, Management was less approachable making it difficult to handle certain customer needs. Although the job was heavy at times, it was great to hand a customer their keys when their vehicle was ready.
Pros
constant training
Cons
understaffed at times
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 5, 2019
Management was rude, expected cashiers to do more than what we should. I got sent out to push carts in the rain and then expected to go back and deal with customers. Makes you stand at the end of register without touching until you get customers. Makes you yell down to customers while COS is standing right there. Overall just horrible place to work. Pay was horrible, hours sucked and no promotion even though they said you would
Pros
Some discounts
Cons
Short breaks, management, pay, benefits
Very Loving Work Environment
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Working at Sam's Club was like having a second family! I absolutely loved it there. They were very welcoming and accepting of who I am as a person. They welcome you with open arms, and help guide you to where you want to be in life. They also help you with schooling, if you qualify. Overall my experience there was an amazing impact to my life. Working for such a great company has given me a stepping stone to become a lawn care tech. Do to the amazing customer service I was able to get under my belt.
Pros
Free Membership!
Cons
Sundays are the busiest
Lots of Tension in the air
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 5, 2019
It has its up's and downs. You never get out when you are expected too. Cashiers are asked to do more than there supposed to. Lots of pushing upgrades, scan & go apps and high interest credit cards on customers who dont want to hear the spiel. Womens bathrooms are filthy and disgusting. You never get a chance to know your co workers, they are fired as fast as they get hired.
Pros
Free luncheons, 15 min breaks
Cons
Lack of man power, people are hired and fired as fast as they come in.
Sam's club heartache
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 6, 2019
This is a job with lots of stress. It is a place that gives little or no respect to its employees. Part-timers have NO benefits whatsoever, and it takes years to get full time. Even some programs that are designed to help employees are only for full-time employees instead of all employees. Wal-mart and Sam's Club only care for the bottom line and not for the people who work line.
I have worked at Sam's for over a year and have NEVER/Not once been praised for the hard work that I have done. Sadly this is the norm.
Excellent work place, people friendly
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 6, 2019
I have been with Sam's Club for about 4 months. They are adjusting to having a wheelchair users as an employee. It has been a great experience, as the management in my location are an excellent team. I am hoping to move up within the Sam's Club ranks. The greatest part of Sam's Club are the members, although some can be disgruntal, most are friendly. Thank you Sam's Club for putting a Paralyzed Veteran back into the workforce.
Pros
Good schedules
Cons
Never on time for breaks or lunches.
Stressful, but mangageable
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJFebruary 8, 2019
working at Sam's club for about three years allowed me to really experience what working retail is like. I definitely got a good experience won dealing with the public there, and i did enjoy the people that I got a chance to work with. However, the way the company does things in the store and how a lot of the rules work with them changing multiple things at a time really does not make the place a good workplace. There is not really a typical day for Sam's. To me, each day is a total different kind of day there.
Pros
great coworkers, good pay
Cons
terrible cafe food, management not being around to help with cashiers if there is a problem, constantly changing the basic rules and not telling any of us
It's an ok but dead-end job
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILFebruary 12, 2019
Sadly being great at your job does more harm than good. Instead of wanting to help great employees advance they tend to keep you in the same spot. They do this sort of thing because they do not want to have to replace the person who has already made themselves invaluable in that position. The job itself is not bad, nor are the managers. There does seem to be a bit of a rift between Outside Employees and Inside Employees...
Pros
Easy job, on your own.
Cons
Entitlement minded Members
Ok to start gets worse as you go
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Was told I would be lifting 15pounds or less and in the first week was lifting 40+ pounds at a time. Job was threatened then praised multiple times in the same day and very frequently. Did not get benefits as a part timer even when they told me I would receive them and filled out the proper paperwork. Did however receive a basic membership and met a few people who trained me later on (after about a month). Overall enjoyed the first few weeks then just became an understaffed, overworked group of people who caused drama and shouted in front of customers.
Pros
Membership card free (45$), They'll higher just about anyone
Cons
Understaffed, Hardly see your boss, micro-managed by people in other departments
i do have any weaknesses and i can do what ever . il do what ever you say
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 14, 2019
I am a good guy and do what you ask when I'm on the clock with no questions ask unless I don't understand it. I'm a hard worker than most workers.i have manners on the clock. I'm easy to work with because I don't have any disabilities and, I'm fast. I am easy to get along with. I try to make the work area look as clean and neat as possible. I don't mind doing to much work or staying a lil later.i never back talk managers. I am reliable. I don't mind working a lot of hrs. I got manners for other employees and customers.
Pros
i get 2 15 minute break inbetween a 30
Cons
i get a 30 minute break
It was good for getting back to something stable with school.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 15, 2019
It was good for helping with school but not long term and especially if you have normal bills. Would need a second job to help bring in extra money. The normal week was my hours were reflective of if we had any credit card signups and if you had any membership upgrades. If you're unable to get the minimum a day, it was noticeable when you're hours went down as a front end cashier. I will be honest and just say I do not like pushing credit cards onto people so not a good role. But it's ok if you're a student and needing extra cash but if you're are paying normal bills you may need another job to help with income.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss