Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 13,837 reviews matching the search See all 15,350 reviews
Management needs to be on same page
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 12, 2018
I would not recommend this to be a place to work. I would have years ago but now it all has to do with if your the right kind a person for the job. I liked my job position but the management wasn't all on the same page with one another.
Co-workers make all the difference
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2018
Sam's Club was a very fun place to work. When I first started, I truly believed that we were all a big family. As the years passed, more and more benefits were taken away, such a merit raises and reward luncheons. I still loved my job, though, because of the amazing people I worked with! I would have continued to stay, had my postion not been eliminated.
Pros
Great co-workers, set schedules
Cons
Everyone gets the same annual 2 percent raise, regardless of worthiness
productive job
Night Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEDecember 12, 2018
need to have great customer service. fast paced working environment staff was ok to work woth hours were consistent u got paid holiday and vacation time off
Hardlines/ Stocker at Sam's Club
Hardlines Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 12, 2018
It has been an okay job to work at because the starting hourly pay is not so bad. The management is decent but more subpar than anything. The scheduling can be sporadic and there is no notification on the changing of ones schedule as well. Overall it is not worth it because the lack of hours they may schedule and how they can overwork someone. Stocking products is not hard nor working with customers though.
Things about the work
CAFÉ ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 11, 2018
So, I worked there for almost 2 years before I had to leave for personal reasons. My managers and the HR lady at my location were very understanding. However, during my time there, we had quiet the revolving door in the cafe. The work wasn't that hard except the heat from the oven. The managers could actually stand to receive extra training for a screening process for applicants because their judgement in the later part of my employement was awful. They treated me as a trainer and alead when I didn't have the title of a lead for the department. All the new employees who came through my doors were lazy, slow, or disgusting. Even after watching a foot be put on my slicing/boxing table, they kept the woman until they couldn't take the complaints from anyone anymore about her behavior and lack of cleanliness. Anyways, the managers were okay but could really use a little more training on how to screen through applicants. I would work for my specific club again so long as I got to be back under my original manager.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Poor decision making
Great place to learn retail
Team Lead/ Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Streamwood, ILDecember 11, 2018
You will either love it or hate it. It all depends on the current management you have. They switch their "focus" yearly, this year was fresh. So the fresh departments got more management and more payroll, causing the rest of the store to have to cut.
Sams Club
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 11, 2018
Not really great company.. Management is doesn't care about associates, don't know job. Some associates know more than management. Associate not appreciated.
Sams club
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 11, 2018
Sams club is a fun place to work at an they do fundraisers that sam works can go to and perticipate to make it fun for the kids but we are closed on holidays which I like.
Pros
Relaxed an easy
Cons
Nothing really just no raises
it was alright.
Member Service (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCDecember 11, 2018
mangers were rude,disrespectful. first year there corp came and cleared house. coworkers are fun and cool. Never get off at your scheduled time sometimes stayed until 1am.
downsizing
cashier (Former Employee) –  Temple, PADecember 11, 2018
The co-workers were amazing. The downsizing of good employees is killing the business. Letting many of the 20+ year employees go and replacing them with part time new people. They say they try to find something but most have been in their jobs too long for something else or too old for such a pace. Hours constantly being cut or getting calls not to come in when scheduled.
Pros
people
Cons
instability, no security in job
company poor management
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 11, 2018
This place is a joke you get told you’ll be full time then barely get schedule and if you do get hired you’ll eventually get told to go do a job that you have no training for
Cons
Short breaks just so you have no time to go anywhere else for lunch but sams
Oportunidad de empleo
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRDecember 11, 2018
Igual que walmart no hay plazas full time en Puerto Rico para personas que tengan una profesión y quieran ejercerla en la compañia. Una empresa que gana bastante dinero.
i love my co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 10, 2018
I like the flexibility at Sam's. my position has lots of petty rules that are expected to be followed. It's a lot of work for the amount of pay! the most enjoyable part of this job is PAY DAY!!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
a stepping stone
Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLDecember 10, 2018
a temp job, not a career and not to move up in the world. terrible abuse from the customers and it is very much like working at Walmart. the management may or may not care about you depending on who you are lucky enough to get, unfortunately their hands are tied on many levels, so getting hours, getting laid off, all those things are problems to contend with
Overall management could improve
Meat wrapper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 10, 2018
Not enough hours no raises poor management pay was not good no advancement lot of work not enough help moving from department to department not compensated
not great
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYDecember 10, 2018
Management was my main issue. everything else was not that bad. I was scheduled to work on the wrong days, or i was put on the schedule the day of. For weeks the day would say im off, then the day of they would call me and ask why im not at work. Id look again and all the sudden im back in the schedule.
Ambiente normal..
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2018
Area de trabajo muy ocupada , por ser de confeccion de comida, deli services, cafeteria, y atencion al cliente,..
Pros
Seguro medico, 401 K, only full time postions
Cons
Horas limitadas de trabajo, ..no se cumplen las 40 horas for week..
Mediocre
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSDecember 9, 2018
Manager has favorite people. If you don't fit their group you will not advance. They tend to push new people around to make them quit because they don't want to properly train.
Productive and fun place to work as a team member
CASHIER SUPERVISOR, MERCHANDISER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALDecember 9, 2018
I loved my job as Sam's. My coworkers and I were basically family. I still keep in touch with most of them. Of course, we had our stressful days, as is the nature of retail. Our managers always made things challenging but kept it fun. I highly recommend working at Sam's Club!
Pros
Friendships, lots of benefits, better than average pay, insurance and fun atmosphere.
Cons
Stress on your body.
i did not like working at Sams Club
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 8, 2018
The people I worked with were not very welcoming. I was a glorified cashier, in the sense I could never get any training on data entry, drop off, running reports, ordering. I got receiving though. Those people were lazy and didn't like checking an order in or putting it away.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sam's Club.

Powered by Comparably