Sam's Club logo
Sam's Club
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100Below average

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,642 reviews

Overall good

Overall a solid job, lots of growth opportunities. Decent schedule for retail. Holidays are crazy and sometimes it's overwhelming but in general it's manageable. You're definitely never bored.

Customer Centric

General Manager expressed Customer Service above all else. I learned a lot while working at the club. Dealing with the members and the public was very challenging and they helped me to become a better version of myself. The job was very demanding and fast-paced and you need to learn how to adjust daily. One of the hardest part was the diverse work place. So team work made the dream work. I loved my co-workers because we help each other out always. Management has gotten better overtime.

Pros

co-workers, healthcare

Cons

the customer is not always right

Horrible Management

Long story Short Cleaned the lot they Said I didn't, didn't check the Cameras at all So they " Let me go". on top of that they treated their Cashiers like trash and then wonder Why they have the high turn over rate.

Well it’s not that bad.

I’m grateful to have been able to work there, but within time it became stressful. We were very short handed and often times the job was too much to deal with. If planing to work there it best to let you know that you got to have a lot of patience. It not easy but those who work there will treat you like family.

Not that great

Coworkers are amazing, management not so much. They will work you to the bone and then get mad when you get sick and have to take time to heal. They don't care about you as an employee, all you are is 1s and 0s on their board.

Pros

Coworkers care and help each other out

Cons

Management expects you to live and breath Sam's club.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Love that job

Sam's is a good place for work a management was good nice team leader and I'm very happy to work there and that job help me to improve my English everyday

Slave drivers

Sams club is the worst place to work, they care for nothing but they membership sales. They reduce hours based on how many memberships are sold and threaten people if goals aren’t met.when members complain they give things away for free

Pros

Cons

Poor mangers

Very satisfied

I feel secure working at Sam's club. good management friendly staff and ready to assist when the need arises good safety standards good training and orientation

extremely stressful

Work was extremely overloaded. management do not want to bring people who are skilled for the job but only for the people who are favorite. The managers blames everything on their team and overload their team with work that are more than what is needed.

it ok for first job or so

when I first started there it was find. but they kept changing thing that it now suck to work there. also my boss really suck. but the do have good dental.

Jobs at Sam's Club

See more jobs

Decent Place to Work

Needing to check your schedule every day to see if there were any changes isn't great, but the work was honest and the pay was decent. People in each department are fairly friendly, and supervisors are easy to get along with. Management needs to be better at setting schedules and working with their employees, but it's not terrible.

Not enough people

we don't have enough people that all i want to say the next few spam words are for meeting the requirement of indeed so don't read thank you you just read those

Member Service

Fast paced, and highly stressful job that constantly changes. Both members and co-workers will pull you in all directions. With the right management team, it would be more pleasant to work here, but the turn over is very high.

soso

is was okay mangement wasnt good at all. happy to find a new oppertunity to wokr else where. but overall it was a great expeirence being there overnight

Pros

they cook lunch

Cons

co workers werent good teachers

A great place to learn about how to work with people of many cultures

Sam Club was an enjoyable place to work. However, not a place to make a career path. Hard to move up the path to management levels However, the environment was friendly and encouraged team players

Life at Sams

Working there I learned to make sure the patient came first, what made a good manager vs bad manager - Sam's Club culture was about making sure the member's came first. The hardest part of the job was working with managers who have great leadership skills or great work ethic. But you get free membership as an employee

Pros

Yearly raises and bonuses and fixed hours.

Cons

doesn't screen properly for quality optical managers, regional managers didn't really listen to the associates

Nothing to report

This is a very nice company to work for. They really care for their employee and will always work with you and your schedule. Pays well, hours always available and opportunity to grow.

Better place to work

I just want to say beside some management, Sam's Club is the better place to work for those people who like to advance their career in warehouse field.

good place to work

learn much rules and regulation on the use to tobacco, proper waste disposal and more. management don't pay much attention on employees. work place culture is great, more like family.

it was a temprory job

at first it was good I was thinking that they will moving me up quickly because of my hard work and the amazing costumer service that I did but the managers are bot that motivated they always need you to work without any promotion or any thing even if you are the best

Pros

nothing

Cons

nothing

Terrible

The management didn't seem to know how to the run the place. The Tire bay was terrible, multiple broken machines that never seemed to get fixed no matter how many times you told someone of management.

Pros

it was a fun work environment due to the employees

Cons

all those employees have since left

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.8K

InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight