Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Had fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 25, 2018
Nice people. Fun environment. Quick pace. Competitive pay at the time. Wasn't looking for a promotion. Good managers. Fun event. Nice customers. Good schedule.
Great for promotions.
Cashier/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Evanston, IL 60202May 25, 2018
A typical day at work is providing our members with excellent customer service. Our top priority is making sure members are satisfied by any means necessary. The management shows great concern for employees, and have flexible schedules.
exspect perfection
prepairdfoods 2 (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 25, 2018
people were nice. but the café was to fast pace. not enough employees for the volume of customers. the lead for the café is great but management for the café seams disconnected from the functions of the café. if you ask questions he feels you do not know how to do your job. its a stressful work situation. they expect way to much.
Pros
need better management
Cons
need to lessen the tasks on cafe.
Good place to work, Great place for development
Membership Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 25, 2018
This is a good company to work for with all considered.. The benefits are good and the pay is moderate to good depending on the position held within the company.
sams club
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 25, 2018
It was an okay place to work, I loved my coworkers and the job I did (cake decorator) but there were many things I felt could have been handled better.
Good work.
Floor Partner (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 24, 2018
I enjoyed the work I did at Sam's Club. However, the people that I worked with were very immature and make you feel very unwelcome due to their insecurities.
just another job
Part-Time Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAMay 24, 2018
this job can be stressful and physically draining most of the time. you must be prepare for the worst just in case it happen. there time you be relaxing in the morning.
Pros
fresh air
Cons
weather
challenging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 24, 2018
It is an interesting and challenging place to work. Every day is a different experience. What you have in your job plan for the day, will probably not be what you will end up doing.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 24, 2018
I only worked in a couple areas as needed. Mainly stayed in the business office and worked but it was a fulfilling job. The store was pretty busy and fast paced. I learned a lot from being there and my growth from that job allowed me to pursue and succeed in a full time role at a different company
good working environment
Freezer/Cooler Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 23, 2018
some days were more slow than others, I was a cashier then a floor partner, I learned how to work to work a register & how to show members what they were looking for. also learned how to stock & maintain the freezer/cooler area
Decent Place to work
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 23, 2018
I would suggest getting your foot in the door and you will work your way up in the company. They have made some changes since I left and it was for the worst but I think its worth it.
Stressful environment
Member Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMay 23, 2018
Most associates have a hard time moving up because when they work hard managers don’t want to move them from that area. They only give pay raises at the beginning of every year for anybody they feel deserves it.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Inconsistent hours, hard to move up
Cashiering
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 23, 2018
Fun, safe, and relaxed environment. Everyone got along well and we all work together to get lines down all while keeping the members happy and wanting to return to purchase more items.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No cons
Event Specialist
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stanton, CAMay 23, 2018
Worked as a team to push products out for customers to sample/see. Daily routine was prepping product for sale/sample and working on the floor to sell it.
fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 23, 2018
great company but the work hours and availability of the associates should be taken into consideration a bit more wen it comes to important matters such as career advancement and schooling
Supervision can, at times, be stressful.
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  HudsonjMay 23, 2018
I supervised the assigned daily cashiers, door greeters, cart associates and front service desk staff. I supported the cashiers for any cash management problems on an as need basis. I did reviews for the staff supervised.
I enjoyed meeting and greeting members on a daily basis and assisting them with their shopping needs. I interacted well with the employees in my charge.
I learned to be more patient with people and respond quickly to member needs.
The assistant managers did not respond well to critique or the needs of solving complaints in a timely or, in some cases, not at all which made the work environment testy at best. This made our job most difficult at times.
Pros
Making great relationships.
Cons
The pay did not match the responsibility of the work required.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2018
Work around a lot of people and see a lot of people you may know. The employees you work with are very friendly and also helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is a mix between the pay rate and benefits.
Pros
Free lunch thirty minute meal break and two fifteen minute breaks also
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 23, 2018
this is the best place a person could earn a living because they work with a lot of quality and respect towards each other and the employer work well.
Pros
Free lunche
Cons
Healthcare
Typical Day in Sam's as a Manager
Marketing/ Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 23, 2018
Give Top Class Customer Experience in the store.

Market Sam's Club to each and every customer who in contact with Sam's Employee(s)

Promote Wow feeling as a Customer Experience

Recognize Business Customers who keep Sam's as their Primary restock for their Business
Like Walmart but ALOT less associates
Overnight Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2018
You would need several hands to count the amount of Walmart associates. Sam's club depending on your location can be very understaffed, but management always says that the store is overstaffed and overwork the few associates that are there until they eventually quit.
Pros
Becoming a Lead is easy
Cons
Management. Constantly being overworked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K

2.4

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight