Sam's Club

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

United States21,001 reviews

Found 21,001 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,254 reviews

Overall good

Overall a solid job, lots of growth opportunities. Decent schedule for retail. Holidays are crazy and sometimes it's overwhelming but in general it's manageable. You're definitely never bored.

It was a good companny to work for.

I worked in the liquor department unloading pallets and stocking the shelves. the hardest part of my job was lifting cases of liquor from the pallet to the shelves. I enjoyed the customers.

Sam's Club insights

Based on 10,395 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Decent

Need to work on better training, and better management. Really disorganized and management can be rude. Had a lot of people quit on them, including myself.

Decent Pay , Good Place To Work

Sam’s Club was a okay job . The work wasn’t hard . If you’re looking for a long term opportunity this is a job for you. Only problem is there’s not much room for promotions

Slower paced but mirco managed

Slower paced by far than Walmart. No room for managing your business based on community or area needs. Playbook for everything, just run the play. No merchandising or critical thinking welcomed

Horrible management

Management never cared about their employees, just the numbers. They have leads that should have never been given the position and barely wanted to give departments a raise

Pros

Food

Cons

Bad management

Good people, mediocre company.

The people I worked with were pretty great, but the company doesn't seem to care much about the associates. They do not pay enough for the job we all do there. And the customer is always right mentality is stressful.

Management team needs more work

Management team needs to be upgraded. Metrics need to be met for front end.Accountability is absent. Pay rate isn’t the greatest.Tasks are handed off instead of completed.

Good Eats

Good for a 18 year old at least because the money is good work life balance is wack though but it’s tolerable just do your work and you’ll be fine okay.

Good management and easy

Super easy for the pay you get and the mangers are pretty good. Teams leads could be a lot better but beggars can’t be choosers. Overall super fun and easy place to work

Good WorkLife Balance

Good WorkLife BalanceNon challenging productsslower promosLow CompensationLack of technical driven initiativesMinimum PerksNo good annual bonuses anually

Horrible Management

Could be a great company to work for if the management knew what they were doing. Not sure the management team knew their head from their a**. Aside from 1 or to Managers that couldn't do much. The culture was disgusting at best. Would never recommend anyone to work at this particular Sam's club in Idaho Falls.

Pros

Pay was about the only pro

Easy job

The supervisor is amazing! The job is very laid back and very informative. Would highly recommend working here. I received my certification and my fellow employees are great to work with.

Great break room but training is not readily available

Many employees at my location wait months before starting training in an essential function of the store. There are not enough trained people to both train new employees and keep the store running, and the communication can be poor. There is a bean bag room that is very comfortable, and the break room has enough space to spread out. Pay is good, but I've had trouble accessing some of my benefits. There are vending machines in the break room, and there's sometimes cake or home-cooked food brought in by the managers for everyone.

If I could give negative stars I would

Got a new club manager and she talks down to everyone, talks to you like you don’t know how to do your job, yet hasn’t done your job at all. The 2 Front End coaches are the only good management. Most of supervisors below them don’t do any work just stand there or sit and the office complaining on how hard their job is. They won’t ever help you, but they’ll be quick to get on to you if you aren’t pulling your weight to their standards. Management gives you promise after promise after promise and don’t deliver, and then go back on their word saying it’s not guaranteed, even though they tell you to your face that’s for sure going to happen. If you like being talked down to and worked into the ground with no help this is the job for you

Pros

Good hours. Decent pay

Cons

Poor Management. No help

Lots of politics, always having to look over your shoulder

You are always in fear of a corporate visit. Upper management are not listening, make decisions that make it difficult to be successful. Moral in the clubs is poor.

Horrible Managers

Horrible unorganized company with messy workers. Unprofessionally lack of support and career advancement. Only get a 2% raise. Managers hires there friends as manager and team leads instead of moving up the associates they currently have.

Productive and active

The people you make friends with should never unless you can trust and they play favorites at the one in MWC. Can't be me and that's not fair to other's.

Pros

Bonus pay

Cons

Favor workers

Scattered management and borderline toxic work environment

Different managers will try and manage each others departments which leads to nothing but confusion and frustration. Some managers are on your level and understand the job while others expect the moon while not lifting a finger.Getting sick without PTO can get you fired with no questions asked and no exceptions with how the attendance system is set up. Trained on a forklift with no raise in pay despite the large increase in responsibility.Training for the rest of the job was almost non-existent. Some shifts get special treatment while others get to clean up the mess.

Pros

Decent starting pay and some day one benefits

Cons

Unreasonable attendance policy, bad management

Feared for my job

I'll start out by saying, when I first started there I really liked it. I learned multiple different departments (I basically knew them all, minus the licensed areas). My coworkers were amazing. They were the reason I stayed as long as I did. After a couple years I found that I loved Cake Decorating so I transferred to the bakery and learned it all on the job. It was great. After a while we got a new manager in the club. They striked fear into basically everyone. They would come to the bakery say things like "You guys are doing great!" Then turn around and tell the Team Lead that we aren't keeping up with production and that they needed to get on us about it. That made the Team Lead come back and basically scream at us for not keeping the cake case stocked or getting orders out time. Graduation Season was the WORST! From May-July we would constantly get cake orders for graduations. They would always want them on the weekends. The most typical time was always noon (12pm). We would get 15+ orders for a Saturday at 12pm (plus the other orders for before and after that time, it added up). We weren't allowed to have an order schedule to make it easier on us. 12pm would come around and we'd be behind in orders. We're people, not robots. We're working as fast as we can to get the orders done. But we also don't want to rush them because we want them to turn out right. Of course members would be furious. It was absolutely terrible. Then, of course, some of the managers would come back and get mad at us for being behind. After the weekends the beginning of the week would be fine. -

Pros

Amazing coworkers, on the job training

Cons

Management, time management is nonexistent, meh benefits, rude members, very stressful environment

Can be a fair place to work

The General Manager is unfriendly and doesn’t work with you if you are in school, the leads can suck, cut hours for no reason, and don’t treat employees as fairly as they should

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Sam's Club with

Sam's Club reviews by popular job title

• Sam's Club