Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 13,388 reviews matching the search See all 14,867 reviews
Nice place to work
Cashier/ customer greeter (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 16, 2018
Worked at Sam's Club for 2 years relocated because I had a baby and the other job that I went to was closer to my home better for me which Sam's Club is still open but they're closed
Very decent benefits for Sam's Club employees.
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2018
Pay raise every 90 days.
401k plan
Health benefits
Employee discount on all store purchases.
Flexible schedule
Very simple job duties.
Free food to take home some shifts.
Pros
Pay raise every 90 days
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at sam's club includes breaking down and stock trucks, then maintaining the rest of the day. Also help customers with whatever they need.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, fun
Cons
Low Pay
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 16, 2018
A very stressful place to work were employees harass others to get the preferred hours. Manager demand more than employees are allowed or can do while hours are inconsistent or non existent
Balanced work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILOctober 16, 2018
The management was very competitive. They treated you fairly but this place likes to spread rumors around regularly. On occasion they feed you. Overall decent work place.
Pros
Free lunches at times.
Cons
People like to spread rumors.
a good place to work
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 16, 2018
a good place with good people an the job was like beinging paid to work out. made lots of friends an had fun doing it. just got to be to much tring to keep up with teenagers.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
not enough hours
Management couldn't see past their own nose.
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 16, 2018
I loved working for the company but the management became extremely ridiculous with their expectations, you could do what the job required but management wanted you to do much more for other departments and which would leave your department in distress.
Not impressed with their operations
Grocery Associate (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 16, 2018
You were expected to bust your backside daily, alot of times with no help. Felt used and abused. Lost approximately 22 lbs in 6 wks working there, due to excessive work requirements.
Pros
Intent for culture is there
Cons
Too much to do and not enough help to get the required jobs done
great
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAOctober 16, 2018
I am currently working at Sams and feel they are supportive, friendly and very communicative with all employees. I would reccomend this job to students.
Pros
friendly
Tight knit work circle.
Demo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working here at first, as I love talking to people, but I suppose at some point the idea of who I was got skewed in a direction I wasn't favorable toward. Though to be fair, as a male, I can understand their apprehension to letting me into their mostly female work environment. The implication that I was up to no good for whatever reason though rubbed me the wrong way.
Pros
Get to talk to tons of people everyday
Cons
Standing for long hours? Tough on knees

Want to know more about Sam's Club?

Ask a question
Lead Member Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJOctober 15, 2018
There is a lot workplace culture that need to be addressed. I truly rather not make any comments. Please I really do not want to comment on this job
A manager can make or break a workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 15, 2018
It was great at first.The best manager ever! Four months later he was replaced and the new guy was the worst ever! He started forcing the cashiers to up-sale memberships it was stressful and very embarrassing. People started quitting and the work schedules became inflexible.
Pros
The dollar hot dog stand cheap lunch!
Its retail, and it bad.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNOctober 15, 2018
This is retail at its worst. The club was considered a high volume club and the turnover rate was high. They'll hire anyone literally off the street because no one in their right mind should want to stay. Even as assistant manger quit in the middle of his shift because of the mismanagement of the store. Yeah, pretty ironic, but he was one of the few who tried to make things better though.
Pros
Free membership.
Cons
Its retail, so customer can be foul as they want.
Sam's Club
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
Its an ok place to work. The management can be ok depends on the club the club where i worked they were kinda lasy so they kinda sucked. The best part of the job was that it was really easy.
Pretty stressful
Cart Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2018
My days were regularly working alone. Bringing in carts in a timely manner while managing the requested pickups that were sent to me over the radio. Water and sunscreen was always provided but almost never seemed enough for the blistering heat. The job was mentally and physically demanding.
Pros
I was required to always have a lunch.
Cons
Don't get healthcare until after a year.
great if its a second job
Cafe Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Evans, COOctober 15, 2018
My time there was some what OK. I help set up and open the new club. But management sucked for the employees. The cafe, during my time there at least, was treated like a red headed step child. Often time they would only schedule one cafe associate during high volume of people wanting food and drinks, to lower the bottom line for costs. They never sided with their own employees even when evident that the members were trying to put one over to get free food. One time had a member order a pizza combo consisting of a slice of pizza and a drink, which is two dollars and some change. Then after Paying, given the drink cup and served the slice of pizza. Went to management saying he ordered a whole pizza, which a whole pizza cost at lowest end $9 per pie, and I did not give him what he wanted and paid for. The manager asked why I sold the member a slice when he asked for a whole pizza. And made me back a whole pizza and apologize, the member gets a free pizza his money from a pizza combo refunded. And i got lectured about listening to what members want, even when I pointed out the price alone would of made most consumers realize before paying, that the wrong thing was ordered The manager still sided with member. frequently brakes that were so mandatory that the register would lock up for the employee, but they still made us feel like dirt for wanting our brakes. Worst part was i had paid for a higher member ship than the free low end member ship, my member ship was taken the next day reguardless
Pros
free member ship
Cons
no discount on anything other than higher memberships, management didnt show they care about staff just their bottomline
Fun workplace
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 15, 2018
Sam's Club is a good place to work for someone who wants to work in customer service. No experience required! Flexible schedules, and management will work with you!
productive, fast paced, and enjoyable
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 15, 2018
assisted customers with shopping needs
maintained membership desk to
rotated from one job to the next when needed
assisted with other employees when needed
provided stellar customer service
A fun place to work
Member Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 15, 2018
To work at Sam's Club is exciting. You get to meet people from all over the country. You do get a few with concerns but when you are able to overcome their concerns they do thank you with a big smile on their face and a warm feeling
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Low hours
Good for right now
Fresh Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 15, 2018
My time at Sam;s Club has been good for right now...meaning as a single young female, it is conducive for my lifestyle as it stands. I do not see it being an option if I decide to start a family as the work life balance is not manageable. Managers that I currently work with are fair and reasonable however I do feel held to a different standard as my peers because my work ethic is better than most. There is not a healthy culture surrounding work life balance and sometimes expectations are not realistic. The fast paced environment is one that I enjoy, I have a good team of people who are working towards the same goals however in the last 2 years the topic of advancement has only been discussed with me once. I recommend Sam's Club to anyone who decides that it is a good career move for them
Pros
PTO ( if you get time to use it)
Cons
horrible work life balance. Breaks frowned upon even though I am entitled to a 1 hour break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight