Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 12,748 reviews matching the search See all 14,179 reviews
can be fast pace, very friendly environment
part time cashier (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 19, 2018
I worked as a part time cashier, I checked out members at a steady pace and demonstrated excellent customer service. I removed things from the shopping cart up to 55 lbs. After hours I stock shelves and helped clean up the store for the next day.
A typical work day was greeting customers at the entrance, asking for Sams Club Card, asking the customer if they were interested in a Platinum Card
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 19, 2018
My responsibilities were greeting each and every Customer with a Smile, ask if any help is needed and tell the shopper to enjoy their shopping Experience. These Responsibilities were for the customers that were entering the Store. When a Shopper were Exiting the store, my responsibilities were checking the Receipt against what was in the Cart..ie making sure all items were paid for, no large items were missed. Bottom line, making sure all the products were paid for. There wasn't anything in particular that was hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the Job, was greeting an Individual with a Smile, and Your Smile might have made that Persons day just a little Better.I learned looks are deceiving, meaning the nicest looking person could be the meanest one. Dont judge a book by its cover. The Management Team didnt always play fair, they had their picks, which is totally unfair. The Workplace Culture all around was great, over all everyone pretty much got along.
Pros
Meeting Nice People
Cons
Meeting Ignorant, Prejudice Individuals who treated you as though you were less than them in every way.
It was ok the pay was fair
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 18, 2018
Sam's let me go for no reason they told me i could move i started packing found a job in ft.worth tx to transfer to then they told me i couldnt move i had to stay at sams well i was in limbo then i had already told my apts i was moving so i ended up having to pay extra for everything just to stay but Sam's still let me go because i didn't get back in time.
Great Company
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK 73072August 18, 2018
Excellent place to work when you have great co workers that will support you achievements and acknowledge your efforts. Excellent place to grow and learn.
Sams
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 18, 2018
the job itself wasn't hard and it was very nice place to work as far as jobs go but when it came to higher management there was little to no help and it was very evident that your placement and opportunity to move to different areas in the club was based on who management liked and disliked. The members were very nice and understanding but again i say the job was one of the worst i had due to management alone.
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 18, 2018
Absolutely loved the place I worked did cake decorating for five years. After coming back from my pregnancy leave, there were all new managers; not very good ones fired some of the best employees that have been apart of the company more than a decade. MIT on power Trip ultimately ruined the store I worked
Pros
Co workers become like family
Cons
New managers often
Poor Working Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 18, 2018
At Sam's Club you are expected to work on whatever hours they decide to give you. If they change it the day before you better make sure you can work it and you are aware of the changes; if you don't check your schedule and miss the change it is your own fault as management doesn't have to tell you in person. Some of the managers played favorites and it was very obvious. As a cashier you were expected to be janitors for the front end, take care of customer transactions, organize and stock the front shelves, take stock back to its places sometimes throughout the day or at the end of the night, assist with self check out breaks, assist with door greeter breaks, help with cart pushing, and do whatever else management tells you to do.

Working other jobs was typically awful. You were still expected to make your upsale goals even if you spent 90% of your time working other jobs in the store. If you were doing door greeting you had to stand on the hard concrete without a pad under your feet; there was a stool within arms reach but you had to have a doctors note to sit on it even if there was no customers in the store.

Rules at Sam's Club typically led to a negative work experience. If you had to use the restroom you had to ask to leave your register and you were not always given permission. Some managers forced you to keep your register open until it was your clock out time, which meant that by the time you finished the customers in line and got your cash drawer put away you were late clocking out; technically that was against the rules. Also, if you worked a second job like
  more... most of the cashiers did, leaving late could put your arrival time for your second job in jeopardy of being late.

Asking for particular days off meant your hours either got slashed or you had to wait three or four weeks to find out you were denied.
Pros
Free Membership, buying after store hours
Cons
no guaranteed hours, unfair rules, poor management
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Sharpsburg, GAAugust 18, 2018
You'll be overworked, underpaid and otherwise be treated awfully. Every department is understaffed which means more often than not you'll have two people trying to do the work of ten people. This will be followed by members of management yelling at you for not being able to do the work of ten people.
Fun Workplace
Grocery Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 18, 2018
All the managers and supervisors worked together to make each day run as smooth as possible. We would make sure each area of the store had enough help to make sure our customers had the best experience possible.
While a great place to work it comes with some downsides.
Member Order Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJAugust 18, 2018
With what seems like plenty of opportunities to move up and around, are actually quite limited to who is liked more. The hours are great depending on what department you work in, however there is no set schedule for most people so good luck trying to balance any weekly plans with that. The managers are fantastic people and are great at their job but horrible when it comes to working together and attitude. They all have the mentality of “it’s not my department”. Overall however this job is a great one for someone who’s looking for somewhere to start, but not to stay.
Pros
Great coworkers, most holidays off, easy to work with your school schedules
Cons
No way to move up, low pay, extra workloads due to laziness
Productive and driven enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2018
Some positions are more flexible than others. Membership manager is the most difficult and most accountable. The other departments had more subjective views but paid the same.
Pros
Good hours and great customers
Cons
Difficult disengaged store directors.
Great place to work.
Lead MSS (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 17, 2018
Wal-Mart is a great company to work for. Great benefits.Discount on fruits and membership's. Also you can grow in the company and become a manager or a TL.
Friendly environment
Grocery Consumables Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 17, 2018
Great place to start a career, family like workplace. Flexibility with personal life. Training in Place for career advancement. Opportunity for meeting new people and community involvement.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling for anyone wanting to start a family
Rotisserie Cook (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 17, 2018
Do your job and everything else will come into place. The job is what you make it out to be. If you don’t wanna work and be lazy it’s hard, if not it’s a breeze.
Benefits
Cons
Work that will help you grow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
Lower than average pay for most positions, well rounded leadership, engaged employee culture, professional setting, culture of learning and spreading knowledge to others
Pros
great culture, great job to learn at
Cons
pay below average
Poor place to work
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 17, 2018
Management would do as they chose with hours. As a full time Associate, they may choose to schedule an individual 20 - 35. There is absolutely no way a person can call this a liveable salary.
workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 17, 2018
A typical day at sams club was always fast paced. Over the years I've leaned to work as team and independently. The management was reasonably accommodating with my schedule and outside life being that I have four school aged children. As far as the workplace culture, the employee were put in the center which made them deemed for success. For me, there wasn't any hard part of the job. I like a challenge and I'm a hands on person and a fast leaner. No task is too much for me. The most enjoyable part was ensuing that the customer would always come to shop again and satisfied. being the last line of defense as a cashier, it was my job to leave a long-lasting impression. I simply love all people with everything in me. life is too short for shortcomings and evil.
Pros
Credit and plus challenge...rewarded with a free meal and drink from the cafe, constructive critism
Cons
customer attitudes
Could use a upgrade
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Jeffersontown, KYAugust 17, 2018
During my time at Sam's Club I was made to do three to four different jobs plus my own which was a cart attendant in our orientation at Sam's Club they told us that it was okay to take a 5-minute water break if the car garage was filled up with flatbeds and shopping carts but whenever we took a water break one of our managers would come out or one of our team leads and tell us that we couldn't take a break
Pros
meet a lot of new people
Cons
Short breaks, stressful
it is an ok place to work
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2018
dont take your availability seriously. the manager doesnt help when there are issues. have to work alone alot. tons of people call in. no consequences for that.
Pros
little hours
Cons
almost everything
nice team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 17, 2018
nice team
the manager and my supervises are very friendly
all the staff like family
i was work as a cashier
it is very good position i like to work with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K
44.3K
33.7K
21.2K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss