Sam's Club

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 16,461 reviews matching the search
Decent Place to Work
Needing to check your schedule every day to see if there were any changes isn't great, but the work was honest and the pay was decent. People in each department are fairly friendly, and supervisors are easy to get along with. Management needs to be better at setting schedules and working with their employees, but it's not terrible.
Fast paced work but my co workers were nice and very helpful towards me as well as some managers
were given certain sections of the store to work at in either solo or in a pair of 2 and we'd have a fast paced time there to meet a time frame as wan
Fun place to work but their is block scheduling.
I loved my job for the first two and a half years that I worked there, but resent changes in responsibilities and work hours have made things difficult and I no longer wish to work there.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad managers, horrible home/work balance.
Decent place
Liked the job, the people. Was working too many hours on top of my full time job. Liked that they offered discounts, and bonus's each year. Overall good place
Leadership was the worst. Not an organized business. However I was able to learn more about the job and my position. If I could change anything it would have to be the management team.
Pros
Great benefits and schedule
Cons
No growth . Unorganized and professional
Leave a review. Help people like you.
omly a few people wrked while the rest sat around
was supposed to be hired as produce part time and was put in cafe full time. i am 57 and cannot work in a kitchen anymore. They told me I would be transferred but they would never do it. management is a joke and no one know how to do any paperwork so if you don't get a check it's just gone
Pros
money
Cons
jerk bosses
Amazing members
My members were amazing people who I got to meet and get to know over the years u was there but the management was not well there and made it hard to even want to come to work daily.
lack of diversity and racism
I worked 9 months at Sam's club. The managers were okay. The job was okay. The pay was okay. The hours were okay but the job culture and some workers were not okay. Unfortunately this location was lacking diversity,there were no Indians,Nepalese,Africans,and there were very few Black Americans and one black guy had to quit because of a racist guest and racism in workplace. I myself had to face some of these negative situations and hear racist remarks and behavior from my coworkers. I would not recommend this location to any of my non white friends but if they can deal with it,then it's their choice. There were also rumors that one of the female managers were sleeping with a guy manager.
Pros
free uniform, hats etc
Cons
culture
Poor Communication
They had on Ideed Job Fair Hiring today. No one knew of it!! Position was already filled 2 weeks ago. I was sent upstairs along with others showing up at the same time I did. The Managers ask us did we complete our application online before we came their.. It did not say that when I received 2 text messages regarding my interview!!

The Manager told me there was no cake decorator position opened and he apologize that it was posted. He said it was filled 2 weeks ago!!! The posting on Ideed said there were positions opened and job offers on the spot!!! No one knew anything about this!!! What a waste of time and gas going out there and to see other people showing up like me, the staff told them the same thing!!!!! They are so tacky!!! I could of stayed home!!!! They were turning people away...….No jobs!!!!!! This was today!! 10/15/19
Horrible place to work.
I was constantly yelled at by “managers” and was even screamed at in front of customers as a cashier for asking what time my lunch would be so I could properly clean up my lane. I was also cornered by two “managers” and was told I was talking smack about them and that they’ll handle it their own way when I hardly ever talked at work and minded own business. A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE place to work and I would never recommend some to work there
Dead end
You get a less than cost of living raise each year with no other chance of apay increase ever unless you change jobs. Schedule changes are to be expected all the time. When you work overtime, at their convenience they'll send you home early to be sure you don't go over in hours or get paid for staying late when it's busy. Management is utter chaos.
Overall experience
Employees may have felt under appreciated here at this job. Management and supervisors sometimes talked as if they were belittling their employees and wearing their title on their shoulder.
Sams Club
Overall, a very good job to work at, especially as a starter job. The team leads and managers helped me grow throughout the time I was there into a person I never thought I could be in the work place.
Pros
Meet lots of people, benefits are great.
Cons
Cannot get tired of multitasking
it was fun
it was fun , and very fast , but the company has some thing to fix on how they care about the people who work for them , but the people i work with where good hard working people
Its like working for a zoo
Favoritism one week you had e8 hours the next you had 8 hours... You had to run after mangers in order to get them to do there jobs ... They will work you untill you break.
I loved my job with Sam's Club.
It was extremely challenging but was great stimulation for my brain. The management was good for the most part. There was one manager that was looking at an issue but didn't look at both sides of the issue until i changed the way she was receiving the information (in writing). I had a pretty flexible schedule so it was nice when I needed an hour or more for a Doctors appointment or something of the sort.
Not for me
Go to Walmart or some other store because this is not worth it. I tried for two years and five months, and I wanted to leave after a year of working thier.
A good company
I did enjoy my time working for the company, along with the associates & members. The company has had a lot of changes lately which affected some associates. If your passion is retail, then you would probably enjoy it.
workplace
This place is ok to work for but if you have health problems or family care.They get you for your attendance and terminate you. Especially coming back from maternity leave and you end up with post partum they dont understand why your late.
Loved my place of work. Did not like the way I was blindsided with the closing of our location.
I had great work days. The management staff was great. It was a fun and productive work environment. I was happy to go to work everyday. The only problem I had was the closing approach and pay was less then needed.
Fast paced work in a open and collaborative environment.
A typical day involves communication and teamwork. Some days are slower than others but we adapt quickly when business picks up. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with. If you get along well with your colleagues it makes the day go much smoother.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.
5.1K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sam's Club.