Samaritan's Purse Employee Reviews

Good, caring and warm people
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2018
They start every day with prayer and devotion. They are very strict on break times and meal breaks, because there is a lot of work and very little time.
Pros
The inspirational stories
Cons
A temporary position
Productive full time
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2018
On a typical day I would do minor maintenance which included plumbing, sheet rock repair, painting, running forklift, Zamboni floor cleaner and outside lawn work.
Pros
Good Christian atmosphere
Cons
Low pay and no benefits, driving 35 miles one way to Charlotte, Nc
My favorite job to date
Gift in Kind (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMay 27, 2018
I'll start by prefacing that I only worked with operation Christmas child, a program of Samaritan's purse and not at a big office. Samaritan's purse was a great place to work at, It was very busy but the days didn't drag on because we took 3-minute breaks every hour. The managers were exactly how a manager should be, kind but firm and seeing you as a human being and not a tool to be used. The hardest part of the job was definitely making sure the boxes were kept moving at a good rate, there seemed to be a never-ending stream every day of thousands of packages. The best part of the job was the volunteers, they were so happy to be there everyday and it really made the job come alive and be an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
great coworkers, friendly volunteers, good pay
Cons
very inflexible schedule
oh yeah, my Job was so fun, specially when you know your Job very well
lead the staff, plan (Former Employee) –  haititMay 22, 2018
my review of the samaritans purse Job was very good, i worked there as maintenance, helped them as roofing assistant. we helped in the communities by showing their Lactating and pregnant women how they should carry themselves from many diseases.
Pros
yes, we did have free lunches.
Cons
30 minutes breaks and
Relaxed and spiritual work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, N.C.May 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for this organization. Every season, I've tried to return if possible. Everyone has a wonderful spirit and you feel very welcomed. However the job is seasonal but you can return from year to year if you like,
Awesome place
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCApril 16, 2018
Had fun doing community service there. The environment was friendly and there was no negative attitudes what so ever. Being able to work with my friends made us bond more.
Great Place to work
Mail and Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Samaritan's Purse. The atmosphere was great. Great people, great staff, just an over all great place to work. The mindset of the people differ from secular companies.
Great Place to Work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Samaritans Purse. Management could be a little difficult for my department but overall the benefits, the people, and what the non profit did on a daily basis for people around the world made it worth dealing with a little bit of stress from management. They really take care of their employees and are always changing things up to better the organization.
Pros
Christian environment, ministry, good lunches, fun work, awesome people to work with
Cons
Managment in some areas could be a little difficult somedays
My Associate position @ SP
Associate, Operation Christmas Child; Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCMarch 15, 2018
This fall I completed my 4th job as an Associate. I enjoy doing the associate jobs because of the fun atmosphere, excited volunteers were a big part in all of the jobs. We were encouraged to interact with the volunteers and make them feel welcome.

Although a crash course in some new area always brings some challenges knowing the job would only last 3 wks made me want to give it my all for the sake of the mission working on.
Pros
Housekeeping was very physical-the exercise increased my energy
Cons
Housekeeping was very physical-had to rise to a new normal of work
Great Place to Work!
Donor Ministries Representative (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCMarch 4, 2018
Kind people, great culture, great for families. I really enjoyed my time at Samaritan's Purse International Relief Organization and I am proud of the work they do throughout the world.
Donor Ministries
Donor Ministries Representative (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCFebruary 26, 2018
• Responded to SP donors with appreciation correspondence,
information requests, and contact documentation
• Fielded general SP questions and catalog inquiries
• Conveyed national and international SP projects to the donors
Fun and exciting place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Loved working there. The atmosphere is wonderful! Loved the morning devotions. People from all over the U.S. came here to work and enjoyed what they did. The Staff are professional, nice and friendly.
Pros
Meeting people from all over.
Cons
Never hire permanently.
Great job
QC--Loading Cargo Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 1, 2018
I had fun working there. The people were very friendly. The job consisted of doing inventory of aircraft parts and helping to load their cargo aircraft.
Christian environment
RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2018
Good team work and each employee encourage each other. Excellent place to work. Management very supportive. Good opportunity for overtime. Good benefits.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Excellent place to work with Spiritual atmosphere
Associate Staff (Filler Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJanuary 2, 2018
Typical day starts promptly and ends promptly
Friendly supervisors and coworkers
Breaks are well scheduled
Clean & safe work areas
Frequent updates on work progress
Pros
Discount meals for staff and volunteers
Cons
No plan in place for future work opportunities
Tremendous Organization!
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCDecember 19, 2017
Incredible Organization.............great leadership with Franklin Graham, and the entire management team and support structure is amazing.

The work that is done on both a domestic, and international basis is simply outstanding.
Life Changing
Operation Christmas Child Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2017
for me it was a life changing experience be able to help people around the world not to mention make new friends that live in different states and cities
Pros
seeing the compassion that people for their fellow man
Cons
that it was seasonal
Not good
Juba, South Sudan, Field Accountant (Former Employee) –  Juba, South SudanOctober 16, 2017
Samaritan's Purse was not a great company. They did not take care of their staff, and the management cared only for the nationals of the country in which we were working.
Very good work environment
Operation Christmas Child seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCOctober 3, 2017
Samaritan's Purse. was an incredible place to work. i only worked a temporary position however i wouldn't hesitate to work there again. i do not think i will ever have another job like this one.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
short breaks.
Very good company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2017
Worked for a christian organization. Very positive environment. I liked the routine of the job. Very good training and orientation. Every morning has positive encouragement. Once trained I knew what my job was so I was able to be responsible for my own work. Very good environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samaritan's Purse. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss