Samaritan Daytop Village Employee Reviews

Worst place I've ever worked
Porter (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 31, 2018
Don't like working around people that I have to watch my back around these clients spit, curse throw things at you etc. The smell of urine and feces is bad you're not givin any face mask it's bad
Fraudulent and horrible workplace
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 15, 2018
Upper management protects poor supervisors and directors; HR will tell you in orientation they have your back with any concerns but they will not listen to front-line staff. Most of the time the staff has more experience than management.
Pros
Benefits are regular for non profit
Cons
SMV does not live up to "where good lives"
Horrible place place
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Hope Care ManagerOctober 9, 2018
Horrible place to work supervisors are the worst and have no consideration for the workers. Director does not take in to consideration workers opinion. High case load, a lot of field work.
Assisting young addicted mothers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
Help, guiding and assisting young addicted mothers with children learn a better way of living. Provided clients with funds to achieve goals such as obtaining work and/or training, medical appointment and court appearances. Answering calls from outside entities such as Administration of Children Services (ACS), Human Resource Administration (HRA), and any of the state courts. Management is very hands on with assisting with daily functions of the facility. The hardest part of the job is seeing children being removed from their mothers that could not remain abstinent from all illicit substances. The most enjoyable part of the is the success rate of mothers returning back into the community and living life on life terms and maintaining custody of their children.
Pros
Assisting addicted mother's with getting their lives in order.
Cons
Sometimes it was hard to enjoy lunch.
Company is great when offering the opportunity to learn different job skills however these are given without your consent nor are you compensated.
Registrar/ Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
You will be hired for one position, then told there will be another position added on and there is no compensation mentioned or considered. You are expected to do your job and someone else's job and if you have the nerve to object you are automatically told your resume says "and other duties as assigned" even though the duties have nothing to do with what you accepted the initial job duties.
Pros
Co-workers are supportive
Cons
Managerial staff are not receptive to staff thoughts on workloads and environment.
This agency does not offer support to the staff.
Bilingual Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2018
I start my work day at 9:00 AM and immediately check my emails for any reports from operations staff regarding my clients from the previous night. They keep a record of clients breaking 9:00 PM curfew and other rules and regulations.Then I review my planner to view the names of clients I scheduled to complete the week's independent living plan. I proceed to take out the chart of the first client scheduled and place it on my desk. I keep the chart within reach to file any document I may have requested from the client. I did not grow professionally at this job, everything I know I learned in previous jobs. It allows me to work independently.The workplace culture is tense, unfriendly and full of gossiping. The hardest part of the job is tending to my clients' needs during crisis intervention while sharing my office space with another coworker. Clients usually don't want other workers to know their business making them stop sharing their stories with me. It is hard to complete tasks timely when are talking loud in the background. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my clients become stable through their hard work and eventually move out.
Pros
I work with latinos which is part of my culture.
Cons
Unsupportive staff
Really great work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 20, 2018
I only left due to the I got my master's degree, pay and hours. It's really unnecessary for CM to be working till mid-night. Because we don't see clients between the hours of 10pm-11:45am, so it's a waste. The pay should be at least 40,000.00 yearly to help with the course of living. However my supervisor was awesome he pushes you to become a supervisor and encourages you for betterment. Great place to work.
Samaritan Daytop Village
Client Care Coordinator (Social Worker) (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 16, 2018
I am very happy with my experience at Samaritan Daytop Village, I have excellent supervisors, supportive colleagues and it is a great work-life balance.
Do not recommend working for Hope Care Management 👎🏻x4
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2018
Management by far the worst. No support and disrespectful. You have to learn everything on your own and expect to know it when asked. You'll be lucky if you get help by a supervisor. Workflow NEVERENDING. If I could give it negative stars I would
Cons
Overwhelming workload
Provides needed services to the down-trodden
Employee (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 5, 2018
It's an OK place to work. I like engaging the clients. Management leaves a bit to be desired. I work with individuals who have a been through trauma and have other issues. I enjoy this work. Managers don't always have their best interest at heart, unfortunately.
Pros
Touching the lives of others
Cons
Management and Chaotic Enviornment
Flexiable
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 30, 2018
Professional and caring towards clients who are struggling with an addiction and is in need of services. The program provides meals and transportation for clients who can not afford to attend the program as scheduled
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
More management
Intense setting working with women struggling with substance abuse
VOLUNTEER PEER COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYJuly 27, 2018
A high stress job working with women touched by trauma. Helping women grow into the people they once were, before they lost themselves in their addiction.
Pros
Helping women learn how to cope with their past experiences
Cons
Volatile clients
Fast Paced
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Briarwood, NYJuly 21, 2018
Overall I have enjoyed my time at Samaritan Village, I have always felt appreciated for the work that I have done and the work they have provided to countless amount of clients.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low salary
Good job but my supervisor mannn
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 13, 2018
Samaritan village is a great company to work for. My problem was with my supervisor. He was new to the company and gave me alot of headaches trying to changes things around. I never complained and did my job exceptional. But when I asked for a computer for log in purposes, I was told to no. Mind you that I'm maintenance and know there's multiple computers in the building. So I would come in and look for someone with a pc turned on to log in thus making me late by 2-5 minutes almost daily.
Very fast moving
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 18, 2018
Good apportunity to grow. They have a program of CASAC classes free to employees. Many areas of work and very diverse. Be open to learning many areas of your job.
This is an ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
As any job they have their ups and downs, but overall this is a nice place to work. The insurance and benefits make up for a lot of it. The people are OK, there is little to diversity. The only real issue.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
the culture
Don’t trust
Former employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
They don’t trust their employees
Throws staff under the bus
Poor supervision
Lack of clarity
Miss and contradicting information
Ageism
No work life balance
Collaborative atmosphere and strong leadership
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Briarwood, NYMay 4, 2018
Leadership is solid. Work/Life balance is awesome. I fully support Samaritan's mission in giving back to the community and for truly refraining from discriminating against hiring candidates from the communities that we serve.
Company's main focus is on mental illness clients.
Senior Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 5, 2018
This companies main focus is on mental health and substance abuse clients, and no all clients are in need of these kind of services. To them every client must have one of these issues.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
Compensation is low
No support in the work place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 28, 2018
I have no support, and work in a very watch your back environment. Expectations to high pay and support not enough. Not a place to work if you want support from collleages and assistance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samaritan Daytop Village. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8