Samaritan Health Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not for me
Account Analyst, Regional Business Office (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 21, 2018
I really thought this would be a great job, tried several different positions. Pay was amazing low for what I did. Advancement was based on who knows who, not merit. Back biting and office politics were really bad. Worked a lot of overtime to make a living wage.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything else
Good but need stronger management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 12, 2018
Overall, Samaritan can be a good place to work. They are one of the biggest employers in the Willamette Valley. I did enjoy my time here until the position is high enough to see the true nature behind the scenes. Fortunately, my management team was open and honest with all of us when they could be. You will find that many times information is privy and the organization can be very cliquish. Good benefits and the work culture is trying to change for the better.
Benefits
Cons
Work harder, not smarter
intense with high expectations
Hospital Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WASeptember 7, 2018
Production requirements are high with very little management support. Documentation requirements exceeds what in appropriate and necessary. The peer staff were supportive and fun to work with on a daily basis.
Pros
good pay and excellet and supportive peers
Cons
management is not supportive of staff
Liked the job, not so much the co-worker treatment.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 7, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at SHS Regional medical center for the hospital environment. The management team fell far short of expectations. Basic tenets of professional behavior and treatment of co-workers was not adhered to in the slightest way.
Productive and Fun
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 4, 2018
SHS is a smaller community home grown company. It is well known in our community. Growth is available. PMO needs some maturing. Not clear direction from PMO management or IS.
Environmental services
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 13, 2018
Loved interacting with Doctors and Nurses, they always treated me as a person not someone who cleaned the hospital. I never felt like I was doing to much or to little.
Pros
Friendly people to work around
Cons
the managers were not always on our side
Love the patients and family
Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJAugust 7, 2018
Everyone is friendly and helpful I love working for this company. I also like to interact with the patients and their family. Everyone in the office always wear a smile.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
No raises
Changes in Local Leadership Are Not Favorable
Manager of Administration (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORAugust 3, 2018
Samaritan has great leadership at the top but local coastal leadership has displayed punitive and aggressive approach to dealing with managers. Many long term managers have left Samaritan in the past few years due to intimidation and lack of vision.
Felt ok about working here
Cna (Former Employee) –  CorvallisAugust 1, 2018
It's a good place to work if you like that kind of work. It just didn't fit me. I thought I would enjoy working with people but I guess I need to do something that doesn't include wipping.
Pros
People
Cons
People
Example: Productive and fOverall, a positive environment with fair and supportive managementun workplace with ping pong table
Claims Technician (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 27, 2018
I enjoy my position with Samaritan Health Services. I look forward to each day because I work with caring and supportive people. I would stay in my current position if part-time was available.
sometimes social events
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 18, 2018
I really enjoyed the people I worked with. Training was seldom offered. I believe that is the root cause of a high turnover. More investment in training would be most cost effective.
Pros
sometimes free snaks
Cons
poor training quality
Great coworkers and people
Nutrition Services Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ORJune 14, 2018
The staff at SLCH are friendly. It was fairly relaxed with occasional stressful moments. I worked in the kitchen as a nutrition services aide. It was easy for me to adapt to the environment of working there.
Fun place to work! Very friendly & nice environment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJune 9, 2018
A 24 hr service. Always on your toes! Usually busy all day (8hr) work day. Be willing to left and pull a lot of equipment. Management is very understanding and will work with you.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Very positive organization
SHPO Quality Assurance Claims Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 22, 2018
Samaritan gave me the tools to learn so much, I can not say good enough things about the organization. Professionally I grew a lot in this organization and was very blessed to be part of their organization.
Pros
Very people oriented company
Cons
Organization has grown very quickly
I respected and enjoyed my workplace, team involvement and opportunities I was given.,
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORMay 7, 2018
My position with Samaritan would have been my desired position until I retired had it not been for a family situation that needed my time and devotion. Management always did their best to solve situations and improve to the best for everyone. Employees I have been involved with remain very dear friends and family like in most cases. We always had a great team to work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Samaritan offers great benefits for family or single individuals, They have and offer excellent training and continued education. Which I am a huge fan of.
good experience
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2018
great place to work if you can stand the heat of AZ summers. Loved the Land D Nursing staff, very dedicated. Would recommend this company as willing to help you advance you education and experience
fun and productive
Graduate Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 29, 2018
Productive and fun work space, well educated people, lots of collaboration, support and help, pleasant work atmosphere, strong work ethic, well maintained work flow
Not a nice place to work
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 13, 2018
Management looks for reasons to write staff up and fire. Don’t feel supported at all. Didn’t used to be that way 10-15 years ago. It is a hostile work environment and would not recommend to others as a nice place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced with excellant team and managers
Radiology Secretary (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 6, 2018
Working in the Radiology department As a Department Secretary is challenging, fast paced but very rewarding . Co workers are helpful and plesant. Ive experienced no cattiness or problems in the short five months I have been there. Managers are helpful and honest .
I am only a casual but hope to obtain part time sooner than later.
The only issue I found is that you cannot apply elsewhere in the hospital for a year after hire so it really locks you into one department if you have been hired as per diem (casual) and you are in need of more hours and benefits. I hope this is workable wit the HR dept.
That being said in over 30 years of working, this hospital has a fantastic working atmosphere re: culture. And great dedicated staff! Love it
Pros
Fantastic teamwork and management
Great Company
Medical Office Specialist, Employee (Former Employee) –  OregonMarch 31, 2018
Great Company to work for. Great Benefits and incentives for employees. Great team work and customer service classes required that helped build a better working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samaritan Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight