Samaritan Health Services Employee Reviews

Fun place to work! Very friendly & nice environment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJune 9, 2018
A 24 hr service. Always on your toes! Usually busy all day (8hr) work day. Be willing to left and pull a lot of equipment. Management is very understanding and will work with you.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Very positive organization
SHPO Quality Assurance Claims Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 22, 2018
Samaritan gave me the tools to learn so much, I can not say good enough things about the organization. Professionally I grew a lot in this organization and was very blessed to be part of their organization.
Pros
Very people oriented company
Cons
Organization has grown very quickly
I respected and enjoyed my workplace, team involvement and opportunities I was given.,
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORMay 7, 2018
My position with Samaritan would have been my desired position until I retired had it not been for a family situation that needed my time and devotion. Management always did their best to solve situations and improve to the best for everyone. Employees I have been involved with remain very dear friends and family like in most cases. We always had a great team to work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Samaritan offers great benefits for family or single individuals, They have and offer excellent training and continued education. Which I am a huge fan of.
good experience
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2018
great place to work if you can stand the heat of AZ summers. Loved the Land D Nursing staff, very dedicated. Would recommend this company as willing to help you advance you education and experience
fun and productive
Graduate Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 29, 2018
Productive and fun work space, well educated people, lots of collaboration, support and help, pleasant work atmosphere, strong work ethic, well maintained work flow
Not a nice place to work
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 13, 2018
Management looks for reasons to write staff up and fire. Don’t feel supported at all. Didn’t used to be that way 10-15 years ago. It is a hostile work environment and would not recommend to others as a nice place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced with excellant team and managers
Radiology Secretary (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 6, 2018
Working in the Radiology department As a Department Secretary is challenging, fast paced but very rewarding . Co workers are helpful and plesant. Ive experienced no cattiness or problems in the short five months I have been there. Managers are helpful and honest .
I am only a casual but hope to obtain part time sooner than later.
The only issue I found is that you cannot apply elsewhere in the hospital for a year after hire so it really locks you into one department if you have been hired as per diem (casual) and you are in need of more hours and benefits. I hope this is workable wit the HR dept.
That being said in over 30 years of working, this hospital has a fantastic working atmosphere re: culture. And great dedicated staff! Love it
Pros
Fantastic teamwork and management
Great Company
Medical Office Specialist, Employee (Former Employee) –  OregonMarch 31, 2018
Great Company to work for. Great Benefits and incentives for employees. Great team work and customer service classes required that helped build a better working environment.
Family atomosphere disappeared.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 27, 2018
Within a 12 month time frame, the overall moral in the pharmacy dept and the entire hospital went from feeling like an extended family to feeling like a hostile work environment. An environment that no matter the circumstance, was no longer enjoyable. Team STEPPS is preached but not practiced. Communication is encouraged, but again, when or if an employee talks to management, then they are ignored or the concerns are not dealt with. Employees are being micromanaged. The fear that any day could be your last day is prevalent, especially in upper management. The focus isn't about the patient, it's about the bottom dollar.

The PRIDE for a company and employer, once embraced, has been destroyed by managers allowing employees to behave with negativity toward fellow employee targeted for dismissal.
Cons
micro-managing, low moral, negativity
Cutthroat pharmacy
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 7, 2018
As a pharmacist the clinical work is top notch. Working with Docs and Nurses is great and Pharmacists have many opportunities to make clinical interventions.

However - Management does not support staff, reviews are done by email - no manager ever meets with a staff member to discuss career plans or goals. Micro-managment and department squabbles are the norm.

The hardest part of the job is surviving the workplace culture, the high staff turnover/shortages, and the expectation to work > 7 days in a row on a regular basis.
Pros
healthcare and PTO
Cons
low moral, micro-management, no opportunity for growth or advancement
Clinic setting very unprofessional
RN (Former Employee) –  OregonFebruary 21, 2018
Clinic Managers are medical assistants. Grossly unqualified for such a position and as a result are micro-managers and unable to think critically about healthcare concerns, just parrot chapter and verse regulations, unprofessional way to practice healthcare, answer concerns weeks after brought up because of low education level of clinic managers.
Pros
adequate benefits
Cons
poor management skills, micro-managers, low pay, inconsistent
Productive and fast pace
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORFebruary 1, 2018
I have enjoyed working with Samaritan. The clinic that I work for is merging with another company so I will no longer have a job. The clinic was fast paced and I loved helping people
Pros
Learning new things all the time
Cons
Working lots of hours
good place to work
TMA (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 16, 2018
When I worked at the home many years ago,I felt it to be the best one in town and has only gotten better. I was given a job rite out of high school The training was great;I learned a lot.Management was (I believed was ran by the older N A) They did most everything then.and they trained in most of everyone. The hardest part of the job was remembering every thing they showed us,once you get that down.Remembering residents names,their wants and daily chores,you were good to go.
Pros
they had knowledge of older people wants and cares
Cons
none i can think of.
Small Town is an excuse for Mediocrity
Epic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 8, 2018
While a typical day at work is just that, typical, management and the workplace culture are all seemingly focused on the idea that Samaritan Health Services can get away with being sub-par because the services provided are provided in a rural setting. Incompetence is rewarded. The best candidates are pushed aside in favor of internal hires with time served on their side; not skill, ability, or affinity.
Very welcoming and positive workplace.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ORJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for Park St Clinic through Samaritan Health. The moment I started interning in Oct. 2014, I knew I wanted to be employed with them. After finishing my internship with them in Dec. 2014, I was pleased to accept a position as a Medical Assistant at Park St Clinic. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for employment.
Competitive and Dramatic
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 3, 2018
Monotonous clerical job with a micro-manager and coworkers that thrived on drama. The company works you into the ground and you won't see a raise other than the required "cost of living 2%"
Great company but has no positive encouragement for new hires
Front desk (Current Employee) –  GshDecember 23, 2017
Enjoyed the work and tasks given to me but I felt as though I was the grunt, not appreciated or given a chance to give my all. Performing my job tasks weren't hard and I enjoyed every job duty given but it seemed everyone else in the office were allowed to make daily mistakes but if I were to make any then I was the one looked down apon or reprimanded. Its hard to fit into an office where everyone is so close and you are new, then also be judged for trying to learn, do your best to please but never told anything positive at all even though you knew you had many reasons to be given it. I feel if there were more positive words of encouragement, it could make all the difference in the way a new employee can perform without feeling they have to make sure they are doing it correctly. Feeling appreciated can go a long ways, feeling as though you are just there too work, do whatever is told to you and not sure of your place is a sure recipe for disaster. I would hope most departments even though the employees are close and been together for many years would learn to open up to New people and give them a better chance and understanding than I was given.
Pros
Call center answers phones
Cons
No positive feed back or appreciation
i dont know
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 9, 2017
ive worked for them for 3 years and they are okay the pay isn't competitive with outers in the community so that's the biggest turn off but they do offer gym membership
Friendly and professional work environment
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORNovember 29, 2017
Everyone at Good Sam was approachable, professional, and easy-going. The pharmacy department felt like a family, and I enjoyed coming into work everyday.
Pros
Relaxed environment, friendly co-workers in most departments
Cons
Going through budget cuts at this time (Nov. 2017) so things are a little tight
Fun and productive work place
Administrative Assistant to VP (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OROctober 24, 2017
What I learned through my position with Samaritian Health Services was how to multi task, manage 200 hundred people. Dealing with five directors at a time was a challenge but in the end I learned each one of their need and wants.
Pros
Wonderful Bpss
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samaritan Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight