Samaritan Healthcare Employee Reviews

Cna
CNA 1 (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 9, 2018
It was not the best job in the world. It helped with some of the living expenses. The pay could and should be increased especially if you have certification. I feel like the starting pay is less than the living area expenses. It should have benefits for all employees.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, low wages
Wonderful place to work, teamwork
Environmental Services Director (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAAugust 28, 2018
Review schedules for the day, place employees where needed. Check with Point of Entry supervisor for discharges and admits. Administrative duties. Attend Scheduled meetings, employee counseling, time and attendance entry.
Pros
Worked with a great team in all of the Healthcare Service Areas, Facility Management, Nutrition Services, and Materials Management Dept.
Cons
Changed Chief Officers multiple times in 5 years
Great place to begin employment.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMay 24, 2018
The atmosphere at Samaritan Healthcare is one to experience on your own. Wherever you go you will be greeted with a hello and a smile. Working in housekeeping, I have come to love the interaction with the patients even though I am just there to help tidy up their space and take the garbage and dirty linen out.
it was ok in some areas to work
Housekeeper & Data Processing (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAApril 2, 2018
It was ok in some areas to work and others were great to work in. Office area had some great people to work with, they were all team players . I enjoyed going every day to work in the office areas.
Workplace is unrivaled, great workers, read rest of review.
Exercise physiologist (Former Employee) –  Samaritan HealthcareMarch 8, 2018
It is and always will be on of the most memorable places I have had the honor to work. I worked in out patient and was able to interact with most other dependents, from what i heard there was some inter department drama but than if you think about what workplace doesn't have that. What every other workplace DOESN'T HAVE is a work family where literally every day, people genuinely care, not just about you but about about the patients too. The best part is that it's contagious, you find yourself going above and beyond for patients. I realize the leadership is what everyone usually has issues with, personally they were the most inspiring group of individuals.
Pros
Coffee is free and basically unlimited, fantastic work community, wonderful "Family"
Cons
None at all
High stress enviornment with inconsistent managment at the senior leader level
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WASeptember 17, 2017
Healthcare in general is currently an ever evolving industry with constant change and stress of finance and regulatory changes. My concern is the constant change of Senior Leadership and lack of consistency and respect for established process and procedures. It is a very "reactive environment" which is good when it comes to providing safe patient care but not for administrative process that are put in place to keep the industry safe. There is also a very low work/life balance with an unspoken expectation of long hours with little recognition.
Pros
Competative Salery
Cons
Too many unspoken expecations and inconsistent leadership
productive
Nutritional Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJuly 19, 2017
Meeting the needs of people when they are at their most vulnerable, co-workers are the best, Learning initiative ways to work with a healthcare system that wants to expand
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Area
great palce to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAOctober 6, 2016
Samaritan is a great place to work. I am only searching for new employment to be close to my daughter to help with child care. Samaritan is one company I worked for that believe that if you have an family emergency that they will work with you no give you and point for leaving early, the company is kind and compassionate.
Pros
no pro
Cons
no breaks when you are one on one with a provider
Great atmosphere for a rural hospital
Supervisor Care Management (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAApril 28, 2016
Samaritan is a nice place to work. The staff is great and makes it an enjoyable place to work. The lack of community resources and support make it a challenge to provide appropriate post discharge care for some patients.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Lack of organizational structure
Many opportunities to learn full scope of Human Resources
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WANovember 7, 2015
Worked directly under the HR Director. Was trained in full scope of HR duties. Ability to be creative and excel talents.
Great office and loved working for Samaritan Healthcare
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAOctober 14, 2014
Review charity applications to make sure ready for meeting once a week. Work on spreadsheets for denial of all insurance by breaking up all denials for the different departments and for the clinic, ER, Pharmacy, Lab reports for my director and CFO. Work with collection agency and the self pay company. Work on Medicare Bad Debt report each month to report to state and auditors. Help with the front desk and answer phone calls review patient accounts and explain the balance to patients. Wrote up process for self pay and charity and Medicare Bad Debt. I worked with my co workers most of us worked together for 8 years or more. The hardest part is having to tell families the cost or setting up payments to people who don't have insurance and can't hardly can pay and won't get help thru the state. Helping people with getting help to get the surgery or service they need. -
Pros
Breaks on cafe and gift shop also payroll Ded on clinic vists
Cons
Benifits where high not able to advance
My favorite Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMarch 28, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working in this field and I worked very hard for it, I had great satisfaction in helping patients and seeing the ones who were in often and being able to put a smile on their face. In this job I put my all into everything I did to ensure that the patient was fully taken care of on my end.
Pros
The patients
great employer
admitting clerk / nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WANovember 6, 2013
co workers were awesome you really feel apart of the healthcare family. great place to learn and grow. great advancement opportunity .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samaritan Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Samaritan Healthcare Reviews by Location