Samaritan House Employee Reviews

Samaritan House Tarrant County
RESIDENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2019
Wasn't run well at all when I was there. Unsafe working conditions for employees at night. Poor management, "passing the buck" drove away the best employees.
Pros
Rewarding Work
Cons
Poorly run/Very disorganized
shelter associate
Shelter Associate Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2019
Assisted single men women and adults with families off the street and into shelter, assisting in customer service data entry food storage, stocking and assembly
Pros
meet lovely people, helping others
Cons
Mangement
wonderful
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJanuary 19, 2019
a wonderful pace to volunteer, the managers are very nice and they give u a discount of off everything,very friendly religious store.managers are very friendly and helpful there there if you need to talk to them about anything,there very kind supevsiros the most enjoyable part of the job is getting the chance to help customers and people in need
Fun workplace
Children's Advocate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 3, 2018
There is no advancement at working for this company. The atmosphere is great, just looking at expanding my skills and increasing my salary with a new company.
Wonderful place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCOctober 26, 2018
Well as an employee. not a bad place to work but the pay scale sucks !! I know they should pay more than what they pay!! I have been there now going on 7 months and still not hired as core ,and have heard people working for over 2years before coming core. they could pay more and do better for the temps . like I said I have been there going on 7 mo. and still a temp I feel like if you there 90 days you should become core but claim not in the budget.
Great Place to Work
CES (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 24, 2018
SH is a great place to work. Their ethics in helping people and the community places them high on the spectrum. They are very welcoming and do their best to ensure that you are exceeding in your position.
Good Workplace
Housing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 29, 2018
It is a good place to work. Especially if you are trying to get your feet in the door. There is an opportunity to grow as well as working with a great team of social workers.
Decent place for experience
Child Advocate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 19, 2018
I was only part-time but enjoyed the experience of helping battered women and children of trauma due to domestic violence. I don't like that Indeed force you to write a review in order to utilize their services. There is not a lot I can say about this employment due to my short length of time.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Good Company
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 28, 2018
Samaritan House is rewarding, busy agency dealing in Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Human Trafficking. Cares for employees, culturally diverse
good place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Albans, VTMay 20, 2018
a way to help some of the less fortunate in Franklin County. Being part of the house staff is very satisfying work, with good management and good part time work hours.
Great Staff
Life Skills Enrichment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2018
Working at Samaritan House has been a rewarding experience. The staff are down to earth, and actually care about the population it serves I give the agency 10 stars.
Excellence agency
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2018
they really helpful to clients and those who are in need. they did excellence jobs. the provide training to Intern student who want to leaned the agency policies and guideline. Samaritan house is a good place to work because it very good.
Productive, fun, and eventful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marlin, TXMarch 6, 2018
Working at The Samaritan House was productive and we always had a lot of fun. All the people that worked there were always positive. The director over the store always greeted us with a smile. There really wasn't anything that was considered hard about working there and if there was we really didn't mind doing it. There was never a dull day.
Pros
Award banquets, free lunches, and job security.
Nice Environment
Waiter and serve food (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 3, 2018
Nice environment with friendly people to cooperate with. positive energy from everyone around you. Everyone focuses on theyre job and are passionate for it.
Great place to work for students
Life Skills Enrichment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2018
I enjoy working for this organization. Out of most organization in the DFW area, they truly care about others and do not judge. It is a great place for students and for receiving hands-on experience in the social work industry.
Pros
free lunch
Friendly, fast paced envirnment.
Cook/Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2018
Manager is great to work for, and i recommend this job to other job seekers. A great place to learn a skill that You can utilize in Your future.You can also pick Your hours of work.
productive , great work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Denton, MDDecember 5, 2017
a typical work day starts out filling cart up of bags to go threw then you go to the table and start going threw the clothes then when you have enough to price you price them and hang them up to go out in the store . I've learned that some people take are kindness for a weakness , the hardest part of the job its getting bags that have nothing but trash in it or someone dumping kerosene in are shied to the point we had to throw everything away then we cant use the shied for 4 weeks cause of the smell but the best part is seen the ladies and then men coming in looking for something they need and seeing their faces light up like Christmas or when that little girl come in and finds a toy and she don't even want to let it go for us to ring it up . that's the best part of the whole thing. the management is AMAZING you will never work for someone like them cause the respect you the care about you health and make sure that everything is okay. I love this placeee
Great Place to Work
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 19, 2017
Great work place to work. Positive work environment a professional arrangement staff. This organization offers great resources for people in need of specific services to benefit and build healthy families.
Pros
Cons
Need to offer better benefit package
It was nice
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 7, 2017
It was a volunteer job, and it felt good to help out. At times the job was fairly hard as I had to lift things long distances around the store, but I didn't mind. It was a good thing we were all doing.
Excellent non-profit organization for work.
Holiday Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 11, 2017
My position was for the holiday season only. I performed a job that only occurred during this time. The increased work for the extra distribution of Holiday food and Toys was my main job. The work was quite satisfying. Meeting with the families and individuals that were serviced at this center was a *joy* to support.
Pros
Meeting many different walks of Life, and knowing I was helping make a difference in their lives.