Samaritan Village Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Chaotic
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
The program was without a PD the entire time I was there and near the end of my employment the director they put in to place was less than leadership quality.
Cons
Leadership lost sight of the purpose of the program
Fun
Server and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hughson, CAMay 25, 2018
I love serving the residents they are like my family. They always made feel so respected. Was a great job and enjoyed working there for as long as I did.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
My manager would call when I was not working
productive and fun work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 15, 2018
I do a lot of driving for the company but when there are no runs to do I would usually do security counsel work empty trash when needed assist in doing bed check
Pros
flexable
Cons
short staff
It was an awesome experience
Peer Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
The culture of the company was the best It was a very advance worthy company, very good management and the team was awesome. A lot of room for advancement an it was very good.
Very Productive enviorment
Operation Secretary (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 10, 2018
A typical day is fast pace. you have to have patience with the clients and staff. The hardest part is trying not to make any mistakes. It can cost you your job. The most enjoyable is there is never a dull moment, room for growth, and great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
staff
Fast paced and productive
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 9, 2018
Great learning experience but not enough room for career advancement. The hardest part of the position is wearing so many hats and completing task in timely manners.
Passing By
NYC Disaster Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 14, 2018
Was a great opportunity to be introduced to providing clinical services through the hurricane Sandy relief program. A contracted assignment where I learned advocacy, outreach, and how to provide referrals for additional services.
Was defiantly an awesome environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hughson, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Loved working there, unfortunately I had to move and couldn't commute. Would love to find something similar. I enjoyed working the fast pace that it offered.
A different Experience; It is what you make it
House Manager/ Shift Supervisor (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Keep positive. Remember why you came to the company in the first place. One thing with this company you have to speak up for yourself respectfully. Management tends to place staff where they want no matter if you can work it or not. Make sure you keep a paper trail. Always make sure you have proof of what you have a complaint about.
Pros
Good vacation & sick time off
Cons
Management don't communicate properly
Supervisors were patient and supportive, they were very helpful to my growth in this modality. Co-workers were also helpful.
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 5, 2018
I was there to do a job. I showed up everyday to do that job, could have and should have made better decisions while employed there but I failed to do so. Have nothing bad to say about my former co-workers and supervisors. I am however grateful for the experience and the opportunity it gave me.

Want to know more about Samaritan Village?

Ask a question
Friendly Environment
Shipping & Recieving/Prep Cook/Head Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Hughson, CADecember 19, 2017
As an employee with Samaritan was a great learning experience. Co workers are friendly and encouraging and supportive. Management was supportive in all aspects of work issues.
The most enjoyable part of my working days was talking with the residents when meals were served.
good place to work
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with Samaritan Village. It's hard sometimes and is emotionally difficult but it's a super rewarding job with an amazing team. I just wish corporate was a bit more communicative with it's employees.
good place
pm cook (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 11, 2017
good place, good ppl. learned to stay calm great boss taught me alot. the clients were a bit to desire not all but alot, the ones who wanted a better life did so quickly.
Pros
family like
Cons
residents
Tough place to work
Job Coach/ Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 27, 2017
Tough boss to work for I dont want to write a review on this company. It is not fair for me to do this. I think that if I don't write a review it is going to be ok
Poor Company to work for. Hire people who have no clue and expect work to be productive
Former employee (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 15, 2017
Poor management. Do not work here unless you have no skills. Management does not address issues and hire people who do not know what the heck they are doing. Upper management are snobs! HR do not assist employees when they have real issues. They cover for the managers when they have overstepped their boundary and blame the employee for doing the right thing!
benefits
Cons
management
a great organization
Cook (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 7, 2017
i have no problem working in the homeless shelter field because i love to help individuals as a team we are required to assist one another and also be a cohesive unit. Samaritan Village gives you that opportunity.
Pros
close to my apartment.
Cons
starting salary not enough for my position
Class Organization
Employment Specialist/Career Coach (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work would be conducting group session on employment. I also assisted with resumes and prepared clients for interview questions. I conducted mock interviews and escorted clients to appointments.
i have no idea
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYSeptember 21, 2017
work all day barely any breaks, take care of parients, clean, > management is not so good, could use some extra training. i wou;d not reccomemd working there
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Dont apply here
Driver Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 20, 2017
The benefits are good, but managment is very cut throat and petty. People are constabtanly quitting and getting fired. Whemn that ghappends be prepare to work more hours, more days and an inconstant scedule. You can say goodbye to you personl life.
Decent work environment
Employment Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 16, 2017
I left Samaritan Village due to personal medical issues associated with my wife, and has at this stage been resolved. But. Samaritan Village was very inconsiderate and non supportive in their handling of my situation which caused me to have second thoughts about the sort of company I devoted myself to. The agency is one which care more about numbers, data and percentages then their employees. No room for advancement unless connected to the right people; more of who you know then what you know. I attended night school in order to become a more indispensable employee with more professional knowledge of numerous positions - in case I'm needed to fulfill a task that is not in the realm of my title and duties. None of that mattered.
Pros
Lsrge company recognized by homeless pop.
Cons
Lack of human consideration for their staff