Samaritas Employee Reviews for Nursing Assistant

I’ve been there for a short amount of time and management is very compassionate
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIFebruary 12, 2019
I’ve only been here five months yes there’s ups and downs but overall very compassionate people .
My child is sick and they’re willing to work around doctors appointments ,very understanding of what I’m going through. Its very scary when your child is sick and you’re worried about your insurance to make sure my child gets proper care they have been very helpful and supportive. I can honestly say I have never worked for a company before thats as understanding as they have been with me and willing to work around what my family needs .
The staff there try very hard to take care of their elderly patients and make them smile .
I would also recommend one of my friends or family to work here. So if you’re in need of a job Come and be a part of an amazing team That really does care😉
Pros
Very compassionate and caring staff
Cons
Sometimes you have to stay over and work 16 hours
February 19, 2019

Thank you so much for your review of working at Samaritas! We love to hear from our current staff in sharing the wonderful things that Samaritas does. Samaritas would not exist if it were not for the caring employees such as yourself. Thank you for being the rock to create the ripple of transformation in Cadillac, Michigan!

Horrible management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIFebruary 4, 2019
Horrible management. Will hire on site if you are willing to deal with horrible management. They put me in the worst situation along with my coworkers. People do not show up to their shifts. It's always understaffed. Workers leave and quit on site.
February 20, 2019

Thank you for your review of Samaritas. We agree that when employees do not show for their scheduled shifts, it creates an increased burden upon their peers. As always we will continue to address attendance concerns on a timely basis. We encourage our employees to directly bring concerns/suggestions to their direct manager or to the dedicated Human Resource Business Partner if they feel their concerns have not been addressed.

Could be better
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 18, 2018
Of all the healthcare places I have worked. This one trieds your patience! The residents are great, the staff is great. MANAGEMENT.... I have never met a team who couldnt care less!
Pros
Bonuses, great team
Cons
Fun to be able to help elders, but very scary management
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 12, 2018
Working in the nursing home is very stressful. Some resident
has dementia and they will lye on you and the management will believe them against you. Example: They can put their item in a trash, then say that you still form then or reuse the shower, then complain in next cable hours that you refuse to give them shower. Even those, I enjoyed working with some CNA and Nurses.
Pros
Free monthly lunch ticket
Cons
obligate to take break, but some day I could not because I was very busy with showers.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback as we are always looking for ways that we can improve and provide our leaders more learning and feedback opportunities. We agree that helping elders can be very fun and rewarding.

crazy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIFebruary 4, 2018
Poor place to work and long days without the respect from upper management. I like seeing the residents in the hall. People are to stress and under staff to take care of people.
Pros
some good people
Cons
poor management
Changing for the better- great place to work again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIFebruary 1, 2018
Samaritas Cadillac has made so many great changes in the past 5 months - including new administrator and nursing administrative team. These managers help the staff and are always available to speak with. It's nice to have a manager I can approach and not one who hides behind a door. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. 12 hour shifts are great, because I can pick up extra hours and still have time with my family and friends. My favorite part of the job is that like me - my coworkers always put residents first. It's a fun place to work - you couldn't ask for a friendlier team to work with, we all help each other out and really are a big family.

Great benefits - 4 weeks vacation every year. Vision plan is absolutely the best hands down. I can get Life Insurance not only for myself, but my whole family. They also have several employee discounts with different businesses that they offer
Pros
Best Coworkers; New Managers are Super; Benefits; 12 hour shifts
Cons
Still a lot of overtime
March 1, 2018

That is fantastic to hear and really glad our emphasis of leadership building relationships with staff is paying off.

Very demanding nursing home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 5, 2017
Don't do it!! The pay is good but your going to work for the pay. The mandation is horrible always working 16 hours and short.The whole time I worked here we were never fully staffed not to mention the management threatens your license. You don't get to go out for breaks as cnas you do everything, they talk about team work but would hunt down the cna to do a simple task. They call you off your lunch and breaks to answer call lights, the nurse babysits because of management new rules that change everyday. The nurses were giving out laxatives to make residents go all day everyday. The equipment is so old. And nothing is confidential the union reps tell all your business
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Terrible place to work!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIDecember 12, 2016
What a terrible place to work! Management and staff are very rude!! Resident's get VERY poor care!!!!!!!!! They need to clean house and maybe they could get some decent CNA's to stay and work there. Human resource department is very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Management and staff are very rude! Care given to redidents is awful!!!
Don't even think about it!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MINovember 4, 2016
Not a good place to work at all!!
I worked here 6 days. I couldn't even get all my training because they were so short staffed and they scheduled me alone. Don't trust any of the upper management. It took me a month to get in and I regret every minute. It was a big waste of time.
Pros
Some of coworkers
Cons
There's nothing good about this place! Everything is bad!
Heartless management
CNA (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 1, 2014
Do not work here unless you want to get walked all over, work extremely short, get mandated & work 16 hours or even get discriminated against. Management has changed 4 times in the past 2 years alone. What does that say?! They're only concerned about how they "look" & nothing else. They stress "resident care" a lot, so they should practice what they preach. How are we able to provide the care they need if we don't have enough help?!
Pros
Coworkers & residents
Cons
Management!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't even think about it.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 12, 2013
This place is for the strong only. I've worked here for 11/2 years so far and for the most part I've enjoyed it - I've never got in trouble & having a job is a blessing. I love the residents, I love my coworkers and I even loved all my supervisors BUT it's the upper management that everybody hates. They don't appreciate anything, always working short until it's convenient for them (like when State shows up), pay is low, insurance is very expensive, and they flat out don't care about us. They are very bias.......rules apply to some & not others or they only enforce them when it's convenient for them. They like to "appear" to be a great place but they are very "dirty." Also, 3 ppl of upper management said that we're nothing but butt-wipers and @ our last few All Staff Meetings have been quite intense. Worker morale is extremely low & turnover rate it is very high. Regardless of all the negativity, and the list goes on, I'm still blessed w/ this job and I stay b/c the residents need us & I love them.
Pros
Coworkers & Residents
Cons
No breaks/lunches, pay, overworked, bias, upper management