Samaritas Employee Reviews for Youth Specialist

Management doesn't care
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 16, 2017
Samaritas does amazing life changing things for refugees, but their lack of communication, disorganization, and convenience promotions prove that they do not care to put in more than the minimal effort required.
Pros
you change lives
Cons
no breaks, ridiculous hours, gossip, lack of regard for employees.
Review of Review
Youth Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 29, 2017
So Samaritas decided to reply to my review, that's very awesome of them, yet let me remind you all that you all have a high turnover for a reason substantially due to your unwavering non-support of your employees when your residents or clients become more credible than those you employ. You let your supervisors and team leaders work your employees over and still yet even with the advancement of ones work flow isn't susceptible to advancement, there should none the less be no type of ceiling to measure the work we invaluably do in name of clients and residents that you intake.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Management Internal Issues
March 1, 2018

Thank you for your comments and experience. Employees are encouraged to reach out to their Human Resource Business Partner when they feel their concerns are not being addressed by their immediate supervisor. Likewise Samaritas employs a Corporate Compliance Manager as well with a confidential number to call if employees feel that business is not being conducted appropriately.

Review
Youth Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 25, 2017
The management is alright, but there not excellent.

The employees are all great to work with and excellent people with great deal to learn from and experience the field with.

Good Place to Work, but Bad place to try to Advance in.
Pros
Nice Experience
Cons
Benefits, Work Culture, Management
October 2, 2017

Thank you or your review. Unfortunately not all positions have a good advancement flow opportunity. We continue to look for ways we can tier employee mobility in all roles within Samaritas.

I would NOT recommend working here.
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 13, 2017
Management does not listen to its employees, concerns have been pointed out many times and nothing has changed. The discipline is a joke. It is a toxic place to work, employees are pitted against each other, tattling is encouraged.
Cons
No communication what so ever with management
September 22, 2017

We are sorry to hear this. Any time an employee does not feel like their concerns are being heard our policy is to encourage them to bring their concerns forward to the Director, Vice Present or their Human Resource Business Partner and work to resolve potential issues. As we strive to be an employer of choice we strongly encourage our employees to be empowered to utilize these procedures.

Very hands on and quick on your feet.
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 4, 2015
At Lutheran Social Services of Michigan (LSSM) I would be responsible to tend to 12 teenage boys in a group home setting. These boys are refugees from several different countries. They would come to LSSM to obtain their green card was well as transition to Independent Living. My job as a Youth Specialist is to prepare the youth for Independent Living.
Fun job always something new.
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MichiganApril 28, 2015
Worked in the refugee program, opens your eyes to different cultures and different youth coming to this country and the difficulties that they had to endure.
Benefits
Cons
Pay