Samplers Inc.
Happiness rating is 79 out of 100

Working at Samplers Inc.: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

Must have electronic device to work

U need a tablet or lap too and access to a printer for sure. Along with internet and ur phone.. there's not a lot of face to face but there is tons or emailing and messaging to do the job.

Fun workplace

I get to talk to different types of people and explain certain products and help customers. Also, learn and teach or inform people about different products or different ways to use a certain product or food.

Samplers Inc. insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Very good company

I enjoyed doing demos for samplersinc they communicate often throughout your demo shift. There was always someone to contact in case of emergency. They are a very good company.

Poor Management and communication

The management never answers the phone and rarely texts you back. They tell you that if you have any questions to go to the FAQ page. Pluses? Great pay and flexibility.

Pros

Can choose whatever gig you want to work

Cons

You can never get ahold of anyone if you have any questions about the gig you choose.

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexible hours What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No communication or instructions from management. Samplers inc is a mess, they don’t have clear instructions for new hires and won’t tell you how store debit cards are used. You call the 1800 help number and it’s not even for Samplers Inc. it’s for Advantage Solutions to tell you to contact Samplers Inc when there’s basically no one to call for help.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?No communication no calls back from managers

I pick my days to work, and have fun

I've worked for Samplers for many years. Love the company, have never had a problem, when COVID came that's the only time I didn't work. It's good to be back

Great work life balance, not enough hours

I love my job!!! Having said that, a good month you might get 20 hours. The company is hiring ongoing for Brand Ambassadors in the same locations, so you're competing with others for minimal job postings near you. This is an excellent position for someone who already has a job, or retired, and is looking for a few extra shifts. I've been struggling with long covid, so the work/life balance helps for the time being. Standard hourly rate is $11, brand ambassador is $17. The pay varies with available shifts. Specialty shifts are $20+ but not frequent in my area. They advertise a $20/hr rate in job forums such as this, but I feel they're not being transparent until after you're hired and see the available work. Compensation for travel is after 40 miles one way, which makes standard rate positions not worth the commute. I want to stay loyal to this company, but I'll eventually have to look for a second job once I've recovered. Also, some store managers are intolerant of vendors. Occasionally, you'll get a refusal of the event when you show up to work. The company takes care of you in this instance, so you won't be out travel expense, but it hurts if you're trying to plan your finances.

Pros

No micromanagement, great work/life balance; interacting with consumers brings a fresh, fun feel to each event; some store locations have excellent staff to help

Cons

Very few hours, competing with ongoing hires for minimal job postings, no travel compensation unless travel over 80 miles round

erratic and non-dependable

Assignments made and then taken away (cancelled) with no notice or explanation, often within the hour. You cannot plan your time or your budget not knowing when or if you will work.

Pros

hmmm

Cons

unreliable work assignments

Work is made available piecemeal. Work when you want. Company is prone to not paying as agreed..

Samplers has a problem with accuracy in its payroll. Of the 10 or so events I've done they've shorted my pay twice. The first time got corrected only after I was able to document the terms for compensation I had agreed to. The second time got corrected only after I threatened to walk off the job during an event. The company is either badly managed or of questionable integrity.

Pros

Flexibilty

Cons

Limited availability of work, incompetence or low integrity in honoring pay agreements.

Bonuses ate something regilar at times.

Variety of different locations and versatility of assignments and different hour shifts can make it pleasant sometimes to work with them. The closeness ofbthe location can be very close to where I live.

Pros

A company card to pay for products when they need paying for.

Cons

Not enough assignments assigned.

Productive upbeat store enviornments

Samplers Inc., overall is a good company to work for. Being a Brand Ambassador is a fun jobMy observation is the pay structure for Brand Ambassadors at the State Standard rate is poorbecause it is a very low wage for states that allow a 11 or 12 dollar wage. The base wage should be at least 15 in all states so you can at least afford gas to get to and from work.

Pros

Flexible assignments, fun atmosphere, meet nice people

Cons

Standard pay rates are poor not sustainable or realistic

Easy and Enjoyable Work

I began working at Samplers recently. The staff sent me my assignment by email, I read the job requirements and agreed to work at the assigned time and location.I arrived at the gourmet supermarket, setup my sampling station, and sampled the high quality product while explaining its heath benefits, ease of preparation, and cost. After the assignment I tore down the event station and filled out my required paperwork. I received my first paycheck from Samplers shortly thereafter. The management has been helpful and quick in responding to my email and phone inquiries. I look forward to receiving steady work with Samplers!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samplers Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Samplers Inc. with

Samplers Inc. reviews by popular job title

• Samplers Inc.