Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

52.3K
42K
31.2K
Found 1,311 reviews matching the search See all 5,958 reviews
Home office employees have a better life then office based employees
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Home-officeAugust 17, 2018
Working in my home office was beneficial and less stressful. The office employee's tended to be a little more "on-edge" and under more pressure to perform, etc. The culture was very good and encouraging. My manager was very emphatic and encouraging. But, he was a strict rule follower and never liked to tell upper management anything controversial. If sales were down, he would change the numbers to reflect a more positive viewpoint. It was all about "keeping your job" and telling upper management what they wanted to hear, not what was actually happening in the market. If you have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, it will be crushed at this company. It is all about doing what your told, don't step outside the box, and you will have a nice long career. if you step outside the box and your strategy fails, be ready for termination. They will terminate you immediately and without warning and not think twice about it because they have the 3rd most recognized brand name in the world!
Pros
Encouraging, offer opportunities for advancement, friendly co-workers
Cons
Cover your butt culture. Do what we say, not entrepreneurial.
fast paced work
Toolmaker/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCAugust 17, 2018
The tool room is run by Koreans, so the language barrier is a real problem, all the dies are new and run fairly good. The day shift people have the opportunity to have hot lunches, their is a canteen in the lunch room.
Compete with your coworkers for reviews and resources
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2018
Not a bad place to work.

Expect to have to compete with other groups such that there is a winner and a loser.

Forced rankings and reviews, so expect no real feedback on how well you actually did, it will not be based on how well you actually did.

They will also monitor the hours you put in (expected to be there longer than 8) as well as your access to the fitness center. And I was salaried.
Pros
Good pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Forced HR system, treated like children
No much fun at this location
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  FieldAugust 8, 2018
I was in HR assistance with Samsung engineering bedroom oilfield a rack it was really nice to start at this company I learned a lot of skills with my manager at the HR office and I was supporting the PR oh office as a public relation officer I was responsible for the relationship between the company and the other subcontractors in the same times with the Ministry of oil in a rack such as Texas permits to the field and the visa process
Pros
Three emails free
Cons
Short break about 15 minutes a day
great place worked there!
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 8, 2018
Will work again. Great benefits. Great benefits. Great benefits
and leader in Mobile and Tv. Requires to travel frequently and put a lot of hours but you learn about new trends and stay ahead of the curve.
Technical support
3G CDMA Core Tier3 Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 7, 2018
Job is to support customers. We sometimes need to be on-call.
This includes during holiday and week

Our department does not have a large amount of people. That gives a lot of opportunity for me to work on many different areas. Although sometimes busy, I learned a lot from there.

I am working for Samsung thru contractors for more than 6 years but they have never considered converting me as a staff.
Lead Yield Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 7, 2018
Different culture than most semi-conductor industries, but you are paid well for the work you do. Floors are tough on your knees and feet, but with the right shoes, you'll be ok. I loved the compressed shifts.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Not ideal working conditions - floors - clean room
Productive and fun place with gym
Equipment Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2018
I was working at Samsung semiconductor industry as a contractor, short time contract. No vacation paid , health benefits , and time off paid. Overall it was productive working there I learned a lot of good things such as building a wafer ,troubleshoot the machines, and used of comical..
Pros
Free coffee, water and more
Cons
Health care
Don't EVER become a contractor at Samsung
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 31, 2018
If you're looking for a technical job, never, ever become a contractor at Samsung. Samsung employees are treated like favored children. Gifts at Christmas. Plentiful days off and extras. Virtually impossible to get fired.

Contractors? We live in the cupboard under the stairs. I was a contractor for 4 years. In that time, I never saw a contractor converted to full time. It doesn't happen. They'll promise it will to get you hired, but they lie. (I was promised to become an RFT in three months...never happened. Several of my contractor friends there were made similar promises.)

There is no chance for promotion. There are no raises. (I got $1.50 an hour in three years.) Pay is NOT comparable to other contracting gigs. RFTs doing my job were paid as much or more than me, with all of the Samsung perks.

Almost every contractor with Samsung in Texas is through Worldlink. Samsung is their ONLY client. Needless to say, if you ever have a dispute with Samsung or an employee, they aren't going to do anything for you.

If you have a chance at a full time job with Samsung? TAKE IT. Don't hesitate. But if it's a contractor gig? RUN.
Pros
Little crunch time, as they avoid OT like the plague, you get some Samsung perks that they can't limit to just employees
Cons
You're a second-class citizen, you'll continue to get paid your starting rate in your starting position forever.
Productive fun work enviroment
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 29, 2018
The job was an easy fast paced learning experience..
The security is great you cant bring any phones inside the building . Its best you work fast to meet their quota so you can get a raise
It is a strange beast
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Samsung, but it is a strange place to work. First, you need to understand it is Korean sovereign land. When there is a fire, Travis county will show up, but will not be allow on the property unless Samsung allows it. So with that being said, understand when I say security is of the UTMOST importance in this organization. Security is #1 at all times. You will be scrutinized 24/7 no matter what your positions is and especially if you are non-Korean.
Pros
Work environment, food court and focus on productivity & efficiency
Cons
Unrentlently pressure and the unspoken Korean attitude toward Americans
It's a bad time to be a contractor at Samsung
Metals Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2018
If you are hired as a contractor, be prepared to stay one. That means no paid time off, no affordable health benefits, no dental, no end of the year bonus. All while doing the same work and a fully converted Samsung technician.
Good company but stressful
Senior Manager of Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
Great company to work for overall. There are usually multiple bosses and dotted lines as there are Korean dispatchers who directly impact your day to day business functions.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stressful
Temporary forever
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2018
The temp services had people still temps after 3-4 years. Minimal benefits, with just hopes of becoming permanent. The temps don't receive bonuses, and you work 365 days a year
Cons
boring, low morale in the workplace
Project Controls Coordinator
Project Controls Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 17, 2018
Start my shift by running multiple reports for each aspect of the network build, from Site Acquisition, Construction, On-Air, Fiber, and Closeout.

This was a contract job for a Sprint network upgrade. At the end of the contract, I was hired directly by Sprint.
Pros
Flexible work locations
Cons
long work days
Handling customer prob
HHP Engineer (Former Employee) –  DelhiJuly 17, 2018
Not bad but not good as per practical experience nice place working too good but salary benefits are too low and not other benefits like health insurance yearly bonus.
Disrespectful plant manager.
Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 15, 2018
2018
If you are ok to only have 10 paid days (this includes personal time off, vacation, leaving early), not see your family because of 50+ hours to work, no motivation, horrible system that no one has a clue on how to train people, make you feel unaccomplished because you have to follow a system that works in Korea but not in the USA, did I said no life balance?, long hours of work and you still behind, no comp time, no compensation for extra hours worked, then this place is for you. No respect for your family time.A lot of favoritism from the plant manager.
Forced to work weekends with overtime pay.
Contradicting Culture
Training Learning and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 13, 2018
Great opportunity for hard work and expertise building. Excellent compensation and benefits. Not a great company for motivating employee or for developing talent.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Recognition
Samsung was a great company to work for
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 13, 2018
Samsung was a challenging and rewarding company to work for. They sponsored five of my patent applications, and the work was always rewarding and challenging.
A typical day was usually quiet, and offered intellectual challenges.

Management was definitely hands off, and I could make most decisions independently.

Culture was weird. Their obsession for security was peculiar. Walking out the front door was like entering the world via North Korea.

The hardest part was being an expert in an area with few capable collaborators.

Solving problems was always the most enjoyable part of the job.
fun environment, people were great
Customer Service Representative, device technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2018
management was cool, coworkers were cool, im just not the call center type of person but if you dont mind answering phones and you like android cell phones this job is amazing. i even won a samsung smart tv in december for working overtime.
Pros
parties, free stuff
Cons
answering phones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samsung Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

29%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss