Sanctuary Resort and Spa on Camelback Mountain Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Night engineering (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZMay 4, 2018
best place ive work at in a long time young personal that get along with everybody i would love to go back and work for them any time they provied with everything
Good place to start or finish a career
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZDecember 3, 2017
Learned quite a bit during my time here. There are many different types of AC systems to work on and it was nice to get exposed to all the various types. Most of my coworkers were skilled tradesman as well and it was cool to pick up a few skills from them also. Most of the people you work around are friendly especially from other departments and you kinda become like family after awhile. The bad thing about the job is it does get a bit slow and monotonous after awhile. You tend to have the same routine everyday that doesn't change much unless something breaks. The pay is a little light also. You get raises every year but they are in the cents not dollars range which I guess is pretty typical for resort/hotel jobs. All in all a good place to work.
Pros
Free lunches(they make lunch everyday in the cafe for you), great health benefits, Pto, cool people
Cons
Low pay, monotonous work, not many advancement opportunities, no holidays off
time goes by very slow here with poor management
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 26, 2017
I never had any work to do which made the days feel like weeks. The management is poor and dont know what they are doing. The co workers talk about each other behind their backs which creates a hostile environment. I got fired because they didnt like me because i wasnt talkative with the co workers enough but they made up a million reasons for firing me. If you hate when work goes by slow and dont like staring at the clock i would highly recommend skipping this job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management, lack of work, poor co worker
Happy and energetic atmosphere!
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZOctober 10, 2017
I love working here at the Sanctuary as I've been here 5 years this December 2017. I work overnight from 10 pm to 8 am Friday night thru Tuesday morning. I love the guests I get to interact with daily and I work alone 98% of the time. Even though I work the night shift, I see or speak with many guests during these hours. I drive 30 miles one way to work and I do it because this is a great place to work. I am looking for something different as I would love to advance in my career.
Pros
Lunch or Dinner, Comp Night Stay and 3 Reduced Rates for family and friends
Cons
Healthcare
Great relaxed place to work
Doorman (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale Stadium, AZJuly 28, 2017
This is a great hotel and such a great place to work...i enjoyed every day i worked here .I only left my job here to relocate.I was very thankful to have worked at the Sanctuary
Pros
Relaxed work place
Spa Receptionist / Lounge assistant
Spa Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZMay 24, 2017
This was a part time job during my senior year in high school. I loved the spa environment and decided to go to school to become a Esthetician. I would love to work there but you need 5 years of experience.
Pros
Great spa
Cons
I need the 5 years of experience to get a job as an Esthetician
Classy Resort in PV
TOUR GUIDE / FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZMarch 17, 2017
The Sanctuary is a great place to visit if you have the money. If you want to enjoy the property without spending money then you should work there. They have a employee cafeteria that you can eat free food at. I enjoy the soft serve iced cream.
Pros
Free Icecream
Cons
Hotels never close... You have to work every Holiday
fun palce to work at.you learn a lot
PM Supervisor housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZFebruary 10, 2016
Great fun company to work at.I honestly learned a lot from leaders/Managers that showed how to be a good supervisor.Good Employees really enjoy working for the Sanctuary resort.Each day never seemed like work.
Pros
good benefits, free lunch, quarterly meetings about whats new aorund ther resort
Nice play to work, poor management
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZJanuary 18, 2016
The sanctuary in a whole is a wonderful place to work, if you love customer interaction this is the perfect please to be. However, training is short they sorta just throw you in the water and hope that you can swim. Management is never available , if you decide to train for the front desk you'll have to get use to coming up with your own quick fixes for guest as I said management is never around especially at the front desk because they both will tell you in a heart beat " they don't like the front desk or they aren't comfortable" how they expect you to be comfortable when they aren't is really beyond me lol but if you decide to get up and find them they are always at their desk they just don't like answering the phone when you need help! They pay is okay you get 10$ plus spa gratuity .. Not much but you can live. None of the employees stick around, they stay for a few months and go so you'll see a lot of new faces! I would love to go back just under different management
Pros
Free meals, discount movie tickets and rooms at certain hotels
Cons
Very poor management, compensation low, training is not extensive
fun work place
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZJuly 8, 2015
i enjoy working with the clientele. i learned so much. management is caring . the hardest part (i guess are the weekends.
Beautiful Enviorment
Gardener (Current Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZOctober 7, 2014
It is a pleasure to maintain the main entrance of our lobby and restaurant.I enjoy caring for plants and answering questions from guest from out of state on various types.
Our regular morning meeting with engineering and grounds keeps us all informed with the current jobs to be addressed.
I know I can go to the other members on my team if I need their assistance with a big job.
The summers can be hard on the energy level, but luckily this summer wasn't too hot.
I love it when guest tell me how much they enjoy the property and landscape.
Overall great place to work
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 9, 2014
Great staff and enjoyable work environment. Great management team.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Odd hours
Beautiful property
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZJuly 31, 2014
Sanctuary is a beautiful property with a high end clientele that demands the best of it's emplyees