Sandata Technologies

Working at Sandata Technologies: 30 Reviews

United States30 reviews

workenvironmentjobgoodgreatmanagementplacecustom

learning Hub

Good learning experience. Nice mentors and it was fun working there. You can learn a lot by asking questions and many new states of art technologies are used which help in future

Good business model

In a very important industry, home healthcare management. Their position in the market is well earner. Over time they had deployed 20+ iterations of their service. The challenge was to build an entirely new application that would accommodate their key clients, and position itself for the remaining 80% Migrating data, processes, and implementing an EPMO was very challenging. Success.

Sandata Technologies insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Very nice place to work.

I enjoyed working here. We are a healthcare software technology company. We have a friendly accommodating environment with a flexible schedule and management is great.

RUN RUN RUN as fast AWAY from here

Starting from HR who is deceptive and rude and obnoxious, this place is TRULY a revolving door. Stay far away from this company and the CEO who is a clown himself has no idea nor his fellow clowns below on how to run a company

Official response from Sandata Technologies

November 8, 2019
Thank you for writing a review, and that you took the time as a former employee to write it. Sandata goes to great lengths to hire and keep knowledgeable, hard-working employees that support our culture of appreciation and team spirit, as well as our vision of enabling the delivery of care to medically fragile people in the home. Sandata’s employee turnover is less than half of industry standards, which is a great accomplishment. Our low turnover speaks volumes about our culture and high employee engagement. Our CEO has an 85% approval rating, and he is generous with his time and frequently publicly thanks and shows gratitude to well deserving employees that support our vision and mission.

Temp job

The position I held at Sandata was a temp job through an agency. It gave me much needed work experience. The office was really relaxed and quiet. My supervisors were alright, friendly enough. The work itself though was tedious.

Doesn’t care about employees

Doesn’t care about employees or should I say only cares about white employees unfair work environment lots of racism and nepotism shady business practices beware

Cons

Poor management/racism

Official response from Sandata Technologies

November 8, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sandata is committed to maintaining a workplace free from discrimination or any form of harassment. Sandata is proud of our diverse population and is pleased to maintain an inclusive culture. We closely adhere to our anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, both of which include a complaint and investigation process and form. Sandata strives to hire a diverse workforce and more than a 1/3 of the Sandata population are minorities. Those positions include management, professionals, and administrative positions. If you would like to discuss or make a complaint please contact HR at Sandata directly. We take employee concerns and discrimination or harassment allegations very seriously.

Fun Workplace

People were great, company overall big turnaround. within two years there was layoffs of most of the executives. Didn't feel stable. My manager was wonderful to work with.

Pros

events were fun

Cons

minority is not moving up in the company

Management is POOR

Manager uses favoritism over quality or production of work. Also no professionalism is present. Not a place for a career at all. People there just don't care.

revolving door and poor directors/managers

I realized after i was let go, that this company has a revolving door and only will hire to boost a new project and have no intentions on keeping and developing your work experience with them. After asking for training i realized that wasnt going to happen and never did, unless you found some old training material sitting around, and you take it upon your self to read it. Many of the titled directors and current managers, got titled by default due to prior layoffs and being buddies to VP's and directors or hiring family and friends with no prior knowledge of the job. so intemidation is the way of life in customer care specialist department, they can be nasty and cut throat and used scare tactics. Its unfortunate i was written up for many petty items which was not in my job discription. I see potential if they would try to care more and find a way to give employee a reason to want to work at this company.

Pros

learning new healthcare options/database

Cons

poor communication with director/managment

Productive, Great benefits and work environment.

Started as a file clerk and moved up to Billing/collections department and learned all about Home care agencies. Submitting claims and collecting payments from Insurance. Great Job.

revolving door and poor managment

I realized after i was let go, that this company has a revolving door and only will hire to boost a new project and have no intentions on keeping and developing your work experience with them. After asking for training i realized that wasnt going to happen and never did, unless you found some old training material sitting around, and you take it upon your self to read it. Many of the titled directors and current managers, got titled by default due to prior layoffs and being buddies to VP's and or family and friends with no knowledge of the job with absolutely no skills in that department to teach others, so intemidation is the way of life in customer care specialist department, they can be nasty and cut throat and used scare tactics. Its unfortunate i was written up for many petty items which was not in my job discription when i was hired. I see potential if they would try to care more and find a way to give employee a reason to want to work at this company.

Pros

learning a new database and training agency and coordintors on the product when the product works

Cons

poor directors, and vendictive managers can destroy a good working environment

Identity Crisis

This company can't seem to figure out who they want to be. They chase every potential customer, claiming to be experts. While that may have served them well years ago, with a paton in place, times have changed and they're living in denial. Much like the company, none of the management know how to stay in their lanes and do what they were hired to do. Instead everyone is an expert about everything, and meetings are a mess. This is always a sign of poor leadership at the top. Times have changed, and they're steadily walking toward a cliff, unless they can figure out who they are, they're going fall right over it.

Pros

Decent pay, gym access, free parking

Cons

Old school work environment, convoluted org structure, poor high leadership means poor low leadership, poor bonuses, 401K is a joke

Sad to leave

It was a great job that I stood there for years. Unfortunately the company was taken over and I couldn’t stay. Great job and I enjoyed it. Wish I could of stayed

Look Elsewhere

Sales driven company that has no idea about the SDLC process. Very difficult to take vacation as the workload is immense. Inadequate time for feature development since timelines are dictated by Sales.

Poor management

Lack of leadership and direction. No clear path to success. Little oversight with no plans to advance business in the communities served. No communication.

Pros

salary

Cons

leadership

Terrible work life balance

12 -14 hour days are the norm, no life at Sandata. Day started at 8am and even while over VPN, 9:30 10 pm is the normal end. Some don't have option of VPN and stuck at the office until real late.

Pros

work life balance does not exist

Cons

got to drive instead of LIRR to work

n/a

I like Sandata and it has a lot of potential and like all companies has its own pluses and minuses, and it is up to each individual to decide if this would be a good fit

Fast paced environment

Many daily meetings and very quick paced environment. An average day can be very long. Middle management and staff are tremendous and excellent team players.

Good general software development company

Sandata creates good software for tracking visits by Home Health caregivers. Constantly adding new states as additional source of clients & agencies.

Great Company

Friendly coworkers. Lots of support. Fair compensation and lots of in-services and in-house activities. Excellent management and often ability to travel to other sites with re-imbursement for expenses.

PMO - PPM - Development

This organization is not prepared to adopt any PMO or methodologies. Their approach to product development is by trial and error. If you do not know where you are going, don't start the journey.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandata Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Sandata Technologies in popular locations

• Sandata Technologies
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?