SandBox Logistics

SandBox Logistics Employee Reviews

United States147 reviews
Featured review
SandBox Logistics selected this as a representative review
Fun and given the opportunity to advance in the company. I started off as a fork lift operator the moved to lead the started working in the office training new hires.
Pros
travel
Cons
work in the cold or rain
● Overall
This was a very challenging job and a good place to work. I gained experience in my time that I worked here. Co-workers were very helpful in training along the way.
I miss working there but oil field is oil field. Third party drivers were kept when company drivers were the true workhorse in sand deliveries side. They let them go and kept third party. Management had major flaws with communicating and wouldn't tell you the truth if God sat before them. Maintenance towards the end on company trucks was worthless they didn't want to fix anything. The job was awesome for anyone who had family and they were understanding of family emergencies etc. I truly miss working at the company one of the best jobs and among easiest besides dealing with traffic, well issues, delivery issues, wait times etc.
Pros
Ability to make good money as company driver, abilities to have a flexible work schedule in event of illness or emergencies, good benefits
Cons
Management disorganization, lack of communication from management or company higher ups, company treating third party better than company drivers, Unwillingness to answer direct questions and beating around the bush when bringing up issues
This has to be the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. Along with the most unsafe. The correct PPE was never provided. There are supervisors who have no idea what the heck is going on out on location. How to operate/maintenance any equipment. 0 knowledge of anything oilfield... by the way, you will not be a forklift driver. You will either be put on a sand cradle, or running paper work on trucks. Silicosis is a strong possibility after runnin them sticks. They really do hire anybody... on top of them messing with hours/time in the middle of the year.
You don’t want to work here. You’re better off jumping on with SLB or Halliburton.

That’s all I have to say after workin for sbx for a year.
Pros
Worked with some good hard workin boys and girls.
Cons
The company...atleast the dilley office.
I really enjoyed working with this company. Upper management were on top of details and safety. My reason for leaving this company was to get back into my profession.
Pros
Good work in safe environment.
Cons
Not a challenging job.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Easy place to work. Beside to no overtime pay. The 14 on and 7 off made it easy to be able to make plans and do stuff the the family that was the good thing about the job.
its an open opportunity working environment with a dedicated goal achievement but, must about the safety of all employees regardless of origin, race, or social status.
I was released from my job because of the COVID-19 and the drop in oil prices. Work got slow so the entire Sandbox organization had to be reorganized. Lots of layoffs. Overall the company treated me well. If you work hard you will get recognized. The people that do not give Sandbox a good review on this site are the ones that either were lazy or complained a lot. I saw my share of both while there. Before the big 2020 layoff we had a great group of operators and Well Site Managers. They all made my job easier by working hard and getting the job done right. I was sorry to leave but in every downturn, it goes back up.
Good family atmosphere with genuine customer service attitude. Important to be creative in a business that is increasingly becoming a commodity. Decision making speed critical to success in fast paced, ever changing industry.
Pros
Freedom of creativity
Cons
Inflexible to pricing pressures
Show up for your shift on time
Receive load information from dispatch via phone app

Load sand at mine and deliver to customer

Sandbox Logistics is one of the easiest jobs I ever had

The company provided excellent pay

The only drawback here is long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SandBox Logistics?
12 hours shifts, occasional work away from home, oil field experience is a plus, hardest part of job is being gone from family. I was able to move up thru the company quickly due to having good problem solving skills
my manager was exceptionally fantastic. I went over and beyond for work and enjoyed my team. I was laid off due to the coronavirus epidemic. I hope to find work soon.
As a dispatcher the work load was not too difficult. The management there was not harsh or overbearing. If it was not for the Covid pandemic I would still be working there. If I had a chance to work there again I would take it.
This company does not care about their company employees, just laid off like 20 of them, to get out inmidiatly .
so dissapointed not a company to trust
Very difficult in the sense that senior management is out of touch with division level activities. Trust is a bit of a concern among the employees. Fair compensation at the field worker level is neglected.
they will literally let you break your back and throw you away .There is no appreciation for loyal hard working employees if they need a scape goat and your there your gone. I seen it happen to so many drivers and supervisors, always keep track of loads or you might not get paid. The basic run down is it will turn an excellent employee into someone who does just enough to not get fired.
Making the same amount hourly almost 2 yrs now.. Lack of communication and it seems that the management doesn't care for their employees. They want us to do extra stuff, but don't wanna give us a raise
A typical day at work could be pretty slow, I've learned a lot about the fracing side of things while i was there. Management did theyre best to get their employees the things they needed. The hardest part is the traveling.
They cater to owner operators which bring in more money than a company driver. I recommend you not to work here. It was a unpleasant experience. It sucks there.
SandBox didn't pay OT and they claimed it was due to them being a logistics company. I ran a forklift which isn't part of shipping and logistics so I wasn't ever payed for the OT I put in. They just settled a lawsuit for not paying OT in the year 2020. I wouldn't recommend working here unless they started paying OT.
Work-Life balance is fair at SandBox. However, management does not value the work of the employees. The pay is below industry standards and one is constantly in fear of losing their job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SandBox Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6