SandBox Logistics Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
They will screw you
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, OHSeptember 11, 2018
They do not give care about the drivers they will use you until they don't need you there the kind of company that doesn't care about their drivers..i will never go back
Great work environment and fun to be
Yardhand (Current Employee) –  Dilley, TXSeptember 6, 2018
This job is a great job. I learned something new everyday. It’s a hands on, outside job. Love being outside and doing new things. It’s very relaxed and slow-pace for people who like to take they’re time
Great Company, Great Pay, Real Team Environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Waverly, NYSeptember 3, 2018
Honestly a great place to work, Field Coordinators are very helpful when it comes to learning the process. Management is supportive and understanding, they invest in their employees with training. Always seem to promote from within. Safety driven company and is driven down from upper management.
Very decent salary and home every night. All new equipment, very well maintained.
Pros
Good management, great pay, home every night
Cons
Took away 40 Hour Guarantee, Clean Shave Policy
Corporate makes drivers pay for their mistakes
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXAugust 11, 2018
Guaranteed pay was eliminated and replaced with a bonus that drivers never received even though they met the the requirements. Expected/required to wait for a load without compensation. It appears that the company is in a downward spiral. New hires would last 1-3 days because of false promises. Look elsewhere!!!
Pros
Easy work when available
Cons
Culture of disinformation and no respect/appreciation for drivers.
it has its moments
Lead operater (Former Employee) –  oil fieldJuly 27, 2018
Started off being a good place, then it went south. Us that started with Sandbox from the beginning profited 1 million dollars in OK. Now since they got rid of all of us and scrambled positions it will never do that again.
work summary
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
show up at 5am hve safety meeting then check with dispatch, dispatch then sends you a load to your phone you then inspect your tractor trl you go pick up sand and deliver to location. the job iself is very easy nothing hard about it. they have a lotof safety rules though
Pros
not bad when you have work
Cons
theres no job security, they dont pay for dowtime when wells arent running
Great hard working people
Safety Trainer/Admin (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working at SandBox, and only left because of a new opportunity that I couldn't pass on.

The business is relatively simple, load sand and take to well site, repeat. But like anything, there are always challenges and twists, and the management team sincerely puts in every effort to keep those things from effecting the employees in the field.

The field staff is comprised of interesting and hard working people, and the office folks are passionate and innovative. The culture is truly that of a family, and there is a monthly potluck that is really fun. If you come in and do your job as best you can, you will do well and have a great new group of people to share your work life with.
Pros
Family culture, work-life balance, relaxed environment
Cons
Would have liked a little more challenge, growth opportunity is slow
Young immature management. With minimal trucking experience.
Sand Hauler (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NYJuly 17, 2018
The waverly, ny branch is run by young immature paycheck collectors.. With minimal trucking experience. They're more concerned with puffing their chests out then actually being productive. They constantly look for the smallest thing to terminate employees. Which leads to a huge revolving door. Coordinators cant even manage to show up on weekends for an hour for shift change. They expect drivers to drive trucks with the entire dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Very cut throat management. Don't even think about trying to go third party. If they catch wind of it they will contact that third party and tell them not to hire you. Regardless if you take the proper avenues to go third party. If you like smoke blowers this is your company. Oh yea as of 07/17/18 they took the 40 hour a week guarantee away from the sand haulers. Company is joke! If your looking to haul a box I'd recommend looking into haliburton or Aeros west.
Pros
Home everyday. That's it..
Cons
To many to list..
n/a
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 8, 2018
The job and operating the forklift was fun, yet when it came to the managment and supervisors it felt like they didnt care what you as an employee did to keep things going in full operations. So in my opinion, that place is only good for money, management is horrible, some of the leads are pretty bad as well, lazy, they want to sleep all the time and very unsafe.
Pros
No pros. Just cons.
Cons
no over time pay, just flat rate.paid almost $400 a month for benefits
Great earnings, home everyday
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
You can make some great earnings when things are running well in the field. There will be slow days, but overall it is a decent driving job. Their healthcare is not very good, but staying local made the job worth it.
Pros
Local, Decent pay rate
Cons
Lots of hours, some low paying days

Want to know more about SandBox Logistics?

Ask a question
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. Hires employees with little experience allowing transition to new fields. Management is great and allows you to cross train in new departments to learn additional skills
They don’t value bread winners. No money.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 6, 2018
Typical corporate scam artists. They don’t value the drivers who bring in all the money. You don’t get paid anything close to a living wage but management and investors are making hand over fist. Best to stay away. Should be a crime what they pay drivers.
This place is a joke.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 12, 2018
I left 1 star because I couldn't leave no star. The pay is great for the first week or two to keep you coming back. The management does not operate like an oilfield company. They think appearance is more important than productivity.
Nice work enviroment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Roff, OKApril 18, 2018
Would love to work for them again in the future. The hiring process was quick as well as getting right to work. One down fall is the lack of communication between management.
Pros
Pay, hours, and work enviroment
Cons
Terrible Managers will make you want to quit
Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 17, 2018
One of the worst places to work in the permian basin. Low wages, no overtime, and managers are shady! Please steer clear of this company at all costs!
Worst company in Colorado’s DJ basin
Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 16, 2018
If you’re looking for a company that has no value for it’s employees, worst pay and benefits in the patch as well as rampant nepotism and a management team that seems to fail at it sole purpose then this is the company for you. My advice is to stay away and only apply if it’s you’re LAST resort.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay no where near claims, poor management, and EVERYTHING else
Horrible Place to Work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 18, 2018
When I signed on to work for sandbox I was promised health insurance, 401k, and 18.00/hr. It took over 6 weeks to get my first paycheck, or should I say 6 weeks for Sandbox to have sufficient funds in their account, so I could actually cash my check. Every payday my check was $200 - $400 short. Don't waste your time and don't get cheated by this company!
Cons
Run the other way or it could cost you !
Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Safety doesnt seem to a main concern at all considering some of the horrible things that have happend lately. Management believes in sitting at theyre desk doing as little as possible and is highly unprofessional. I would not recommend this to my friends nor to my enemy's. My advice is to find somewhere that takes your life and job more seriously.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
The list goes on and on
Sexually harass women and discriminate
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 22, 2018
The two trainers I had also complained about the company. They said that new driver's weren't receiving enough training on policies, procedures, routing and safety procedures before being sent out especially if they were new to the area and new to the oil field and well industry and would get frustrated and end up quitting. They play favoritism when dispatching loads. They turn there CB radios to another company channel or turn the volume down on there radios and talk smack. There driver's are late and you can't do pre your trip inspections. There driver's are late for safety meeting and constantly don't show up for work or they go home early. They don't help other driver's out when needed. They say they are all about safety and being a team. I highly disagree and the created a hostile environment and stressful work environment for me and I wouldn't recommend anyone tot work there after the way I was treated.
Drivers Even though they constantly need more of them do not have an equal say.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXDecember 21, 2017
Headquarters (HR) Houston, TX is ether understaffed or they just Don’t Care about Driver’s. After hired you have a 50/50 chance of anyone from Headquarters Calling you Back in a few days.I Say Calling you Back because you have about a 15% chance of reaching a Human instead of Voicemail.
Pros
Other Drivers
Cons
Poor Dispatching or Dispatch Supervisors.(LongWaits)