SandBox Logistics Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Great hard working people
Safety Trainer/Admin (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working at SandBox, and only left because of a new opportunity that I couldn't pass on.

The business is relatively simple, load sand and take to well site, repeat. But like anything, there are always challenges and twists, and the management team sincerely puts in every effort to keep those things from effecting the employees in the field.

The field staff is comprised of interesting and hard working people, and the office folks are passionate and innovative. The culture is truly that of a family, and there is a monthly potluck that is really fun. If you come in and do your job as best you can, you will do well and have a great new group of people to share your work life with.
Pros
Family culture, work-life balance, relaxed environment
Cons
Would have liked a little more challenge, growth opportunity is slow
n/a
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 8, 2018
The job and operating the forklift was fun, yet when it came to the managment and supervisors it felt like they didnt care what you as an employee did to keep things going in full operations. So in my opinion, that place is only good for money, management is horrible, some of the leads are pretty bad as well, lazy, they want to sleep all the time and very unsafe.
Pros
No pros. Just cons.
Cons
no over time pay, just flat rate.paid almost $400 a month for benefits
Great earnings, home everyday
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
You can make some great earnings when things are running well in the field. There will be slow days, but overall it is a decent driving job. Their healthcare is not very good, but staying local made the job worth it.
Pros
Local, Decent pay rate
Cons
Lots of hours, some low paying days
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. Hires employees with little experience allowing transition to new fields. Management is great and allows you to cross train in new departments to learn additional skills
They don’t value bread winners. No money.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 6, 2018
Typical corporate scam artists. They don’t value the drivers who bring in all the money. You don’t get paid anything close to a living wage but management and investors are making hand over fist. Best to stay away. Should be a crime what they pay drivers.
This place is a joke.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 12, 2018
I left 1 star because I couldn't leave no star. The pay is great for the first week or two to keep you coming back. The management does not operate like an oilfield company. They think appearance is more important than productivity.
Nice work enviroment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Roff, OKApril 18, 2018
Would love to work for them again in the future. The hiring process was quick as well as getting right to work. One down fall is the lack of communication between management.
Pros
Pay, hours, and work enviroment
Cons
Terrible Managers will make you want to quit
Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 17, 2018
One of the worst places to work in the permian basin. Low wages, no overtime, and managers are shady! Please steer clear of this company at all costs!
Worst company in Colorado’s DJ basin
Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 16, 2018
If you’re looking for a company that has no value for it’s employees, worst pay and benefits in the patch as well as rampant nepotism and a management team that seems to fail at it sole purpose then this is the company for you. My advice is to stay away and only apply if it’s you’re LAST resort.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay no where near claims, poor management, and EVERYTHING else
Horrible Place to Work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 18, 2018
When I signed on to work for sandbox I was promised health insurance, 401k, and 18.00/hr. It took over 6 weeks to get my first paycheck, or should I say 6 weeks for Sandbox to have sufficient funds in their account, so I could actually cash my check. Every payday my check was $200 - $400 short. Don't waste your time and don't get cheated by this company!
Cons

Want to know more about SandBox Logistics?

Ask a question
Run the other way or it could cost you !
Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Safety doesnt seem to a main concern at all considering some of the horrible things that have happend lately. Management believes in sitting at theyre desk doing as little as possible and is highly unprofessional. I would not recommend this to my friends nor to my enemy's. My advice is to find somewhere that takes your life and job more seriously.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
The list goes on and on
Sexually harass women and discriminate
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 22, 2018
The two trainers I had also complained about the company. They said that new driver's weren't receiving enough training on policies, procedures, routing and safety procedures before being sent out especially if they were new to the area and new to the oil field and well industry and would get frustrated and end up quitting. They play favoritism when dispatching loads. They turn there CB radios to another company channel or turn the volume down on there radios and talk smack. There driver's are late and you can't do pre your trip inspections. There driver's are late for safety meeting and constantly don't show up for work or they go home early. They don't help other driver's out when needed. They say they are all about safety and being a team. I highly disagree and the created a hostile environment and stressful work environment for me and I wouldn't recommend anyone tot work there after the way I was treated.
Drivers Even though they constantly need more of them do not have an equal say.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXDecember 21, 2017
Headquarters (HR) Houston, TX is ether understaffed or they just Don’t Care about Driver’s. After hired you have a 50/50 chance of anyone from Headquarters Calling you Back in a few days.I Say Calling you Back because you have about a 15% chance of reaching a Human instead of Voicemail.
Pros
Other Drivers
Cons
Poor Dispatching or Dispatch Supervisors.(LongWaits)
Run from this place as quick as you can management is not good too much favortism
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2017
Overall Bad Company Run Run Run From This company no room for advancement too much favoritism and the management is horrible you will sit at yard for hours on end be told to standby we'll is under maintenance you could get better pay by being paid by the hour and this company steals money from the employees when asked about the money they owe they simply make u excuses not to pay.
Pros
Cons
Ieaving it
New equipment, great bunch of drivers.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dilley, TXNovember 22, 2017
Run forest,run. Unless you are willing to be treated like a second class citizen. Management has no clue what's going on. Any questions you have are always left unanswered or you are instructed to ask dispatch. Great bunch of drivers. Management is poor and untrained to deal with how fast they are growing. It's sad upper management is oblivious to what's going on with the driver managers & lead drivers. Same drivers get the good loads.
Equipment is new and is a plus. District manager is a real fruitcake,for lack of a better word.
In southeast texas.
Pros
New Equipment, Real good bunch of drivers
Cons
Management is inept.
Unorganized with favoritism
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXNovember 3, 2017
No communication.The normal response is ask dispatch.Same people making the extra money while everyone else sits around waiting for the well to start.
Pros
Guaranteed money
Cons
No structure, management doesn't introduce themselves, favoritism.
haul sand to fracking sites
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXAugust 26, 2017
haul sand to fracking sites
no management on site, was dispatch from another location
friendly, get along with other drivers
wait for load
getting load after load for 14 hour shift
Pros
good money
Cons
broken semi
Great place to work.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
Great company, I will be working here for a long time. I love the management style and the training they provide. Hours are not bad depends on your personal outlook.
Comfortable company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 11, 2017
The guarantee makes it worth while as long as you live close. The job itself is easy. Brand new trucks and trailers and they are kept very well cared for.
Pros
New equipment. Guarantee pay
Cons
Drivers who whine about everything and cant mind their business
Don't work for this company
Frac Sand Hauler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2017
They say guarantee 3,000 a month . Is that worth 12 hr day 5 days a week. Now no standby pay only load pay. If you are lucky you might get 2 loads a day but doubtful. You sit at well sites hours on end and loads don't pay much at all.
Pros
It's somewhat of a job
Cons
Sat all day no load, means no pay