Sanderson Farms, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,205 reviews matching the search See all 1,208 reviews
Not worth it
Control Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TXMay 21, 2019
It all depends on who your supervisor is. If you get a good one, you can have a decent work experience but don’t plan on them being there very long. The good supervisors either get promoted or realize their under appreciated and leave. It’s a revolving door for all employees. This place was running long before I started and is still going after I left so that means they really don’t care about their hourly employees. The sooner you realize that, the better.
Pros
Not many... the benefits are decent
Cons
Too many to list. We’d be here all day
Good benefits good hours
Debone (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXMay 21, 2019
Good days at work night shifts
How to bag them boxes and a fast pace
Do your job what you have been signed to
Chicken planet
Putting the plastic bag in the box and a fast pace
Getting alone with other coworkers
Pros
Vending machies
Cons
3 breaks
Sanderson Farms
Packer (Current Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMay 20, 2019
Sanderson Farms is not the best place to work.
Poor management and hr for night shift is very rude.
Absent poilcy is not fair , I feel if you have a excuse that they can verify ,you shouldn't get counted.work you like slaves and show favoritism.its just bad . They only good part is it pays more then other chicken plants
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and Hours
It’s ok . I enjoyed my time there!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 19, 2019
The job is ok. The management no so good! I think some of the supervisor out there show lots of favoritism. The management is real low down. When I say management I mean the supervisor in the production area. I actually liked my job most of the time I was there. I met some nice and kind supervisor and Co workers over the time I was there.
Pros
Sometimes we get hours breaks
Cons
I think the 12 min breaks should be longer, also instead of the employees get 5 points then termination, I think it should at lest be 10 points!
Good company
Freeze and chill (Current Employee) –  Summit, MSMay 18, 2019
Good companyand good benefits . I have worked there for a year and I’m very impressed and motivated from working there. I would recommend many people to work there.
It was a good place to work
Deboner and packput (Former Employee) –  Saint Pauls, NCMay 16, 2019
I would like to go back there and work it was a good paying job.The pay was good the first shift hours was very acceptable.The work environment was good
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday
Cons
Breaks too short no hp
Sanderson Farms
Evisceration (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMay 16, 2019
Sanderson Farms in Moultrie Ga. Does not care about the employees. Mistreat their employees. They have poor management. You don't get your full 15 minutes break, not 30 minutes lunch. They barely give you 40 hours a week. Cut hours Monday through Friday. Then make it mandatory on Saturdays so you'll get straight pay instead of time in half.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Poor management
Productive workplace
Cutting Crew (Former Employee) –  Summit, MSMay 15, 2019
It is a great place to get good learning experience and make excellent pay with annual raises and stock opportunities and you also get health insurance and dental insurance
Pros
An hour lunch break
Cons
Nice People to work with...
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 15, 2019
The Best Boss I ever had was at Sanderson Farms,We were trained correctly,treated decent,,I would tell everyone to go apply at that Company....They show you all the Safety features,discuss the history of the company,tell you about all the benefits that they offer...
Pros
Good Boss
Cons
Short breaks
Would not recommend, unless you really need a job and no where else to go.
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMay 15, 2019
Management is the worst. Too many narcissistic people in upper management, I'm surprised the building has enough room for all their egos. They do not care about people, only how much money they can make off the little man. Someone can and did drop dead on the floor and all they worry about is their stupid production cost.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Pay is good, everything else sucks
Thigh Debone A Shift (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXMay 15, 2019
You got paid well but the job itself is demanding and difficult and having poor management and rude coworkers does not help. If you need the money, do it for a little while, but otherwise, find something worth doing and don't waste your time. Most people come here for a little while, then leave then come back... for some ungodly reason.

Job itself isn't hard, it's just long and boring and you get cramps a lot in your hands. If you don't meet quota, you're not gonna last long.

Management SUCKS. They have no idea what is going on, if their machinery breaks, messes up or stops working entirely... it somehow all of the cutter's fault though we have no contact with the machines whatsoever. If the machine breaks and sends out a lot of defective meat, we're supposed to fix it instantaneously..... while the machine continues to send out more and more defective meat.
Pros
Pay is decent for what is
Cons
Management.
Fun place to work at, friendly staff
Belt line feeder (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 14, 2019
Very fun place to work at , problem is the managment
We didn't have a scheduled time to leave work, we did not have a set arrival time, I didn't know who to listen to my manager or the main supervisor
Good place
Debone (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 14, 2019
Really good place to work. Really good pay. Quick pace and pretty chill. Cold where I was but it was cool. Worth it. Great pay. Great benefits. Really Hard work.
Great place
Evisceration (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 13, 2019
Stressful but great pay and great benefits. Supervisors are great. Just sucks that u have to wait a yr before you can transfer postions or change your hours
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Stress
Productive and innovative
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMay 13, 2019
Nice place to work very driven.A company worth working for and they make sure your well taken care of when you leave the company. The hardest part of the job is learning the different types of work areas. Other than that the atmosphere was wonderful.
Allowed me to promote and learn
Field Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 10, 2019
Sanderson farms was the beginning of my HR career. Sanderson farms has allowed me to truly utilize my skills with Human Resources, communications, osha, safety and recruiting.
Pros
Growth
Cons
No time with family
steady work, terrible management
CLEAN UP DETAIL (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 8, 2019
Immediate supervisors yell and curse you even though you are doing your job and lets lazy no working people be lazy. I enjoyed working hard, however the yelling and cursing for no reason took it's toll.
Pros
steady work
Cons
management needs help with basic managing skills
Does not care
Thigh (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 7, 2019
If you are not the Product of meat on the table then you are not the priority of Sanderson Farms. They do not care about your lives outside of work or if you have children they just want to make sure that you show up to work and stay later if they ask you to by asking you to stay later I mean telling you you have to stay later then your shift no questions asked mandatory. People in the office people upstairs supervisors in the building are all rude and not understanding. The only good thing you get paid every week
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Do not care about employees
High pace
Deboner (Current Employee) –  Summit, MSMay 5, 2019
Five star would recommend management is fair good benefit environment with different walks of life high pace environment chances of moving up in the company...........,....
.................................
Forklift Operator
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Pauls, NCApril 29, 2019
Sanderson Farms is not the ideal place you wanna work the place is cold and the chicken is always on the dirty floor what they do is wash it off and rework on it then box it up, the place is disgusting from what I see that's why they don't want cellphones in the building because it will get reported to higher ups. I wouldn't recommend anyone poor management and they talk down on people.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad Management and Poor Training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanderson Farms, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight