Sandia National Laboratories Employee Reviews

OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 19, 2018
This company gave me the best experience. I truly enjoyed the job. The people and the work are truly wonderful. If I didn’t have to relocate I never would have left.
Fantastic Place with tons of Interesting People
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 17, 2018
Sandia is a wonderful place with a lot of scientists and researchers of varied backgrounds. HR was a little slow... Hiring process and exiting process is dreadful, but it is a great place to work with tons of resources. Great nature around it. Albuquerque is a dump though, central atleast...
I was shocked
ADMIN SERVICES - CLERICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 10, 2018
I had always heard about how wonderful Sandia was and that you should get in because its the best, that was not my experience during my time there : /
Excellent Company
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 2, 2018
The company and culture was fantastic. I left due to the lack of hours I was able to get as an intern and also because I chose to pursue another degree path in college.
Job security
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2018
Great place to work. Most people don’t leave and really enjoy working at the labs. Highly recommend working there. You will enjoy it and the work you do each day.
Intern Experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2018
My experience in Sandia National Lab was as a summer student intern. Not much I can say about the facilities other than if research is your thing, then this is the place. Very slow pace.
Pros
Low pressure, job security
Cons
Slow pace
Best job I had
Systems Engineer / Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 5, 2018
I worked strictly in a research & development capacity. It was amazing to work at Sandia. Everyone who works there is mainly self managed. Fantastic workplace culture. Everyone worked as a team. My favorite part of working at Sandia was inventing virtual computing.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I had a great expreience there but my contract got terminated. I learned a lot and worked with the best in the business. They have top of the line equipment.
Pros
Great money
Cons
contractor
Great Company
Senior Electrical Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 21, 2018
Sandia National Labs is a great company to work for! Plenty of room for advancement and career changes.
Management is encouraging and understanding.
The company promotes healthy living.
Company has an onsite clinic and workout facility.
Great Benefits and Great Pay
Nothing to add.
Information Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sandia, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Nothing to add. Nothing to add. Nothing to add. Does this satisfy the character count. Everything is what you make of it but a professional work environment is paramount.
Pros
Great people, great mission.
Cons
Resistant to some change.
Very Poor Management
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 19, 2018
Run. Don't get lured into this low quality of life company and job. The managers are the worst, play favorites and a good ole boy system. So if you are a white, Christian, Male with no ethics this company is for you. If not there is very little diversity and you'll struggle with the white male culture.
Pros
Use to have a Pension--but that is gone for new employees
Good Place to work
P-Card Program Manager/ Sourcing Analyst/ Buyer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2018
Empowered to perform my job. Worked and collaborated with very capable people. It was a safe work environment where I was able to take on new assignments and was respected.
Professional Workplace
International Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 10, 2018
SNL provides an opportunity to address government contribution to the defense industry. Working here was a pleasure and an honor. I would recommend working here.
Smart people, poor management
Computer Software Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 10, 2018
I have been working at sandia labs for 13 years full time

Secure employment and benefits. The only game in town in Albuquerque. Very intelligent work force.

Management hires the best and brightest, but doesn’t effectively manage the workforce. The quality of your work does not seem to matter in terms of career advancement. As a result, cynicism is rampant. The entire organization seems to function as a good old boy network with the chosen few being promoted. As a government institution it is fraught with waste. I firmly believe that if Sandia functioned as a for-profit organization, it would be out of business in less than one year. I highly encourage young engineers to seek employment elsewhere, where the quality of your work has a better chance of being recognized
Pros
intelligent people
Cons
management, lack of advancement
Loved it
Graduate Research Intern, Energy Storage Systems (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 5, 2018
New Mexico is pretty sweet, Sandia is awesome, tons of smart people to work with and the work is fascinating. Science is abundant. Keep in mind that you are going to be entering a military base daily.
Challenging work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 31, 2018
Great work life balance and virtual work benefits. Work is challenging and so are some of the people and ingrained cultural norms. Opportunities for advancement are limited in some fields.
Decent Place to Work
Office Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 21, 2018
Fair wages, benefits package is average. Promotion based on who you know. New management trying to change too much, too fast -- without evaluating why things are currently done the way they are.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stuck in the past
Amazing people and great place to work
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 20, 2018
Sandia has world class engineering talent and works on amazing technology for the benefit of the United States. As a federally funded research center it is a stable place to work.
Pros
Amazing technology and people
Great Place to Work
Subcontract Professional (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 9, 2018
Many highly motivated individuals. Work-life Balance is a priority. As a Subcontracting Professional I found it difficult to deal with the constant, numerous and often times contradicting policies/procedures established by the plethora of teams involved with procurement.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Retirement, Policy/Bureaucracy
It's OK but.
Principal Project Controller / Project Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 4, 2018
You should be very clear coming in what your job duties will be and what the plans for your career advancement are. They tell you how easy it is to move around, and that's mostly true, but you can't move up very easily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandia National Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Sandia National Laboratories Reviews by Location