Sandia National Laboratories Employee Review

View all Sandia National Laboratories reviews

Hard Problems with excellent work-life balance in the desert
Graduate Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 13, 2013
I spend half my day in the lab running experiments, and the other half developing models, analyzing data, writing papers and improving device designs.

If you can get in (3.5 GPA requirement is arbitrary and excludes a lot of smart gifted engineers) this is a great place to work. They work hard to protect Sandians, and keep interesting problems and work heading their way. At the MST level and above I have not met anyone who didn't deserve to work there.

The hardest part would be the fact that the most stable jobs/resources are in the weapons area. US citizenship and a DOE clearance open most doors, and for most areas it is hard to get any work done without both.

The most enjoyable part is being able to work with subject matter experts in a wide range of fields all in one place.

Other Sandia National Laboratories Employee Reviews

OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 19, 2018
This company gave me the best experience. I truly enjoyed the job. The people and the work are truly wonderful. If I didn’t have to relocate I never would have left.
Fantastic Place with tons of Interesting People
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 17, 2018
Sandia is a wonderful place with a lot of scientists and researchers of varied backgrounds. HR was a little slow... Hiring process and exiting process is dreadful, but it is a great place to work with tons of resources. Great nature around it. Albuquerque is a dump though, central atleast...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandia National Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight