Sandia National Laboratories Employee Review

View all Sandia National Laboratories reviews

Tough environment for a postdoc
Postdoctoral Appointee (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 12, 2013
The research itself is great and the resources for performing the work are second to none. The culture is really tough, however, and there seems to be little incentive for the PI's to treat postdocs with respect or to care about the postdocs' future employment opportunities. I imagine as a PI or manager this might be a wonderful place to work. However, as a postdoc, it is really quite bad at times.

Other Sandia National Laboratories Employee Reviews

It was a decent job
Principal Research and Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 25, 2018
My only complaint is that the lab allowed too much autonomy and waits until it is too late to reel in the staff. Staff goals were sometimes to vague and senior leadership was lacking significantly.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lack of Leadership
OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 19, 2018
This company gave me the best experience. I truly enjoyed the job. The people and the work are truly wonderful. If I didn’t have to relocate I never would have left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandia National Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Sandia National Laboratories Reviews by Location