SANDIA RESORT AND CASINO Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun and energetic work environment.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 7, 2018
Great management, great attractions. Best location for travelers. A little pricey but overall pretty nice rooms with a great view and employee benefits.
Fun place to work
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 5, 2018
Serving at the casino is great specially banquets since you get to be enjoy events such as weddings,concerts! Great place to work. Hardest part is working long hours, but overall great.
Passionate, creative and hard working.
First Cook (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 23, 2018
Passionate, creative and hard working. Previous experience in a supervisory and leadership position. Results driven with solid experience in the areas of inventory control, purchasing cost reduction and team building.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Ambiente de trabajo agradable, posivilidad de cresimiento y bevidas gratis a empleados
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 17, 2018
Muy buen ambiente laboral flexivilidad para turnos, oportunidad de cambio de area laboral, sueldo competitivo y beneficios.
Pros
Seguro medico, beneficios, PTO acumulable.
Cons
Aumentos exporadicos aproximadamente cada 4 o 5 años
Helpdesk Technician level 2 (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 9, 2018
Shift bids were fair enough for 24 hour operations.
Pay was very competitive, the PTO earned rate was very lucrative.
Benefit's were a little expensive but did cover everything.
very active, busy smoke filled place
Barback for Casino floor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 29, 2018
Great place to work just to much smoke. and way to much micro management. very un organized in a lot of different aspects. I feel one or two strong leaders would be great
Pros
not free but great discount
great place great people
Assist guest (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 19, 2018
it was a great experience for myself. i learned a lot and met a bunch of great people aswell. i had the opportunity in working in the hotel as a houseperson. i got to see many celebrities aswell which was pretty freaking cool. i also got to work the concerts that they had and that was an additional hundred dollars added to my paycheck.
Pros
free drinks lol
Cons
none really
management could care less about having a healthy work environment. numeroys customers complained to me about cigarette smoke.
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 14, 2018
Want to live past 50? Dont work here. Management cares little about a smoky environment, even when customers complain about it. Primary and second hand smoke health risks are well known but management cares less about customer complaints regarding smoking and even less about employees health.
Pros
smoking customers nice, non smoking customers a hassle
Cons
smoke
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Corrales, NMJanuary 3, 2018
Enjoy the hours I work. The variety of places and duties help to keep the job interesting. All the classes keep you learning more for your job. People I have worked with have become family and friends.
Pros
good benifites
Cons
few pay raises.
Working for a Sovereign Nation
Interim Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 13, 2017
Has it's ups and downs, mostly downs. When you have a tribal council that is uneducated making business decisions based in emotion, it will never be a positive outcome.
Pros
I liked my job responsibilities
Cons
I did not like working for the Sandia pueblo
Benefits are great
Full Time - Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 8, 2017
The benefits are great that they offer. Depending on your department, be prepaid to get blamed for everything and no management being on your side....
Pros
Benefits, Discounts, Co-workers
Good Job Bad Management
Other (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 26, 2017
Decent benefits and pay for New Mexico.
Very bad management, leads by intimidation.
Tribal employer so typical employees have zero rights.
The employees were great.
Expect Sandia to be the most important part of your life.
Zero work/life balance
Favortism
Major bullying and harassment issues occur daily which is ignored
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Bad Management
Stressful
Slots (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 14, 2017
If you’re not in upper management, they don’t care what you have to say. It’s usually their way or the highway. On the plus side, many employees are not required to work holidays except for New Years Eve.
Pros
Pto, Decent benefits
Cons
Upper management doesn’t listen.
Poor management
Bingo Clerk (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqieSeptember 13, 2017
Beware of supervisors who think that disciplinary actions can never touch them! Customers are great to work with but dealing with management is awful. Very unprofessional when speaking with employees. Favoritism is an ongoing circle and once your a target forget about enjoying your job. They will push you out or make you quit if they don't like you! If your great at lying , faking it, and forcing smiles you'll love work here!
Cons
No healthcare for part time employees
Events in General
Banquet Server at Sandia Casino and Resort (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 10, 2017
Our day started by set up our ballrooms, preparing beverage stations,and making sure our food was ready. The hardest part was getting everything situated when one event end and getting the ballroom ready for the next.
Great Benefits and Fun Emplyees
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 8, 2017
I liked the workplace and the interactions I had with co-workers and guests. I was able to get to know many of the guests and built a great rapport as well. Most of the time the job was enjoyable, certain situations could have been handled better by management.
Fast, exciting and cultural.
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2017
Working at Sandia Casino & Resort has been one of the most exciting jobs I've ever had. From greeting the public, to serving celebrities, hosting and learning new skills everyday. I would go back to Sandia if I was to ever relocate back to New Mexico.
Pros
Meeting celebrities
Cons
could not gamble
terrible management
Line Attendant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2017
I have worked food nd beverage most my life and ive never seen how the managers both from the front and back of the buffet which includes the dishwashers are so horrible. Not once has a manger thanked us for our hard work. They constantly are checking everything thats wrong with the work and never can say good things. Its so bad no one has serv safe certifications they dont wash hands everything is filthy the food is used for like 2weeks
benefits
Cons
no breaks, managers forget to give you lunch
Overall good to work for.
FACILITIES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque NMMay 16, 2017
Very busy. Lots of transition in structure of the Department. Limited Growth Potential. Very clean environment. Lots of challenges. Very Competitive Work place. All new equipment. Fairly new buildings.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Limited Growth Potential
Fun place fun people
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 16, 2017
keep's you busy time goes by fast on busy night's But on slow night's there would be a lot of standing around.The supervisor's were either too involved or not at all.The people I got to work with were usually great and would make it a great place to work
Pros
the buffet and the people you would meet on a daily basis
Cons
too much running and stairs