SanDisk Employee Reviews

No longer exists
Product Line Core Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 11, 2018
The company was acquired by Western Digital and no longer exists.

Was a great place to work
Some products still sold under the SanDisk brand (consumer)
no work-life balance
Staff Test Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 4, 2018
everything must be done yesterday.

blame for mistakes are not evenly placed.

politics can matter more than performance.

any reasons for failure are always perceived as weak excuses.
Pros
Compensation, on-site gym.
Cons
backstabbing co-workers
Very good place to work
Contract Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 4, 2018
I was a temp and am therefore not qualified to rank the company, but a direct employee would be. It was a very good place to work as a technical writer when I worked there.
great campus with sand volleyball court
Product Engineer for USB Flash Memory Products (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 21, 2018
Sandisk is a very competitive work environment as everybody wants excellence in product design and product function with innovative designs. World leader in Flash memory.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
work lon hours
SanDisk Internship
LEAD MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 11, 2018
SanDisk will throw you out into the field, and you will learn so much from it! I grew so much professionally and personally during my time at SanDisk. I would recommend this internship to anyone.
Enjoyable and learning Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MiloMay 15, 2018
Peers are helpful and got to learn a lot. As an intern I was treated like a full time employee which helped me gain valuable experience. If I have the opportunity then will love to work for the company again.
productive
Test Technician/Quality Engineering (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 2, 2018
the SanDisk culture was very enjoyable in sense that you had free range on how to complete your task. For example usual each program are usually on 6 week time frame to finish without any kind setback or delays. Sandisk management was really good on helping us succeed on getting are projects done on time.
Pros
good health benefits bagel and muffin friday.
Cons
nothing major
Good people, old company
Customer Side (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 30, 2018
SanDisk has a lot of great people, and are still pushing to innovate within the data storage industry. Some of their practices seem outdated and could use more young innovative employees.
Indian culture
Sr Staff (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 19, 2018
The management is composed almost all Indian. This leads to company wise with Indian culture, that means low efficiency. Promotion and award is not fair.
Great place for a new college grad
Staff Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 26, 2018
SanDisk gave wonderful opportunities to new college grads, especially through the rotation program. the supply chain is top notch and unparalleled in companies of this size. Great place to learn as the management encourages visibility and is open to new ideas from new employees.
Pros
state of the art supply chain to learn from
Cons
career advancement issues for mid level managers
N/a
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 20, 2018
Very limited career opportunities.
SanDisk was bought buy Western Digital Corp.
Western Digital is still digesting the purchase of HGST. It is going to take time for the three cultures to amalgamate into a cohesive one.
At the time stressful
Executive Administrator to VP of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 15, 2018
I assisted the VP of Human Resources and the HR staff. Typical clerical work day with occasional meeting attendance on behalf of the VP. Culture at the time was not as diversified as I am sure it is today. I enjoyed very much working which and assisting employee as a team player.
Pros
Very Busy
We work hard, we play harder.
Senior Credit & Collections Specialist (AR) (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Time is very flexible, lunch hours can either be used for lunch, walking around the campus, work out at the gym, or in a meeting with free food provided.
Management at Sandisk focused on employee's well-being and at the same time, concerned that the job is well-done.
Medical and dental benefits and vision were at a premium.
Yearly bonus made employees very happy and well-taken care of.
Annual review was based on company profits, and on performance.
Quarterly meetings and banquets were provided after achieving a high performance quarter end.
Pros
Free oatmeal everyday, and free donuts/bagels on Fridays
Cons
No cons...i
Pretty Good Work Experience
Accountant (Former Employee) –  ChinaFebruary 12, 2018
Worked really busy but happy. SanDisk likes to share information around employees. Everyday I could learn something new. Great job for someone who want to learn and growth.
Good compensation and benefits, advanced technology
Senior Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 7, 2018
WHen I worked there it was independent company with 500 employees. they had generous benefits, bonuses and stock options. It was fast growing company with start-up culture. Now it is part of WD.
Pros
Compensation and benefits, working on advanced technology, good cafeteria
Cons
Office was worn out, constant reorgs and lay-offs. Volatile market for commodity products
Nice place to work
Sr. Staff Engineer/ FW manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Sandisk is a good company and nice place to work . I enjoy working at Sandisk. Benefits are excellent and Management is also really good. Its a fun company to work for .
Good food for lunch
Mailroom (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 27, 2018
You can work confident, easy to keep it clean most of the areas, have enough time for lunch, friendly place, Friday we have free healthy muffins and healthy breakfast.
Pros
Free gym and muffins on Friday
Cons
some time the wheater
Relaxed, professional, trusting, friendly
Principal Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Work at SanDisk has been rewarding. The work atmosphere very trusting and I particularly enjoyed the team and my manager when I started working at SanDisk. I believe manager makes all the difference when it comes to employees being happy or not. Give trust, support and flexibility to your employees is some of the key success for a healthy team.
I also enjoyed the level of professionalism at SanDisk. Everyone did their job, respecting their and others' boundaries.
The one challenging part of my job was lack of experience with statistical or ML method of data analysis on engineering side! It was a challenge to get them to believe that there are better ways of looking at and analyzing data! But this was, perhaps, a plus at the end. I got to use this shortcoming to establish good working relation with them and win their trust.
Of course when SanDisk was acquired by WD, things, naturally changed.

Thanks,
Aaron
Okay place with good products and some great people
Associate Channel Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Generally it was a good job. They have since been acquired by WD. Multiple acquisitions led to a conflicted culture. Management has some critical issues.
Great tech company and employee focused.
EMC Account Manager/Federal Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 15, 2017
Great company that was focused on its empoyees and products. Company did suffer from lack of vision regarding product discontinuation and also was to narrowly focused