SANDOVAL COUNTY Employee Reviews

Summary of Accomplishment
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMJanuary 24, 2018
I made my schedule daily to post officers were I need them for the shift.Brief to my officers on what to expect during there shift and any pass down from the previous shift. Management I walk through the facility to watch my officers conduct their duties. I schedule shakedowns and check for cleanliness of their area. I discipline officers if needed.
The work place culture I set goals for employees to advance in the work place also to stay motivated.The hardest of the job was not being updated on new changes by the administration. The most enjoyable part was working with my officer, being a team enjoy having potluck in the break room.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Making difficult decisions
Good Benefits
Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMNovember 3, 2017
I would clock in answer phone calls process forms that I developed and evaluate the business assets based on formula. I learned to deal with people in difficult situations. the hardest part is dealing with angry people because of taxations, the best part of work is meeting different people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
workplace morale
Too many bosses
Records Clerk, Clerk I, Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMMay 17, 2017
We have so many people in charge, each supervisor has 2.5 employees. Too much micro managing. No room to move up. No positive energy. The pay is ridiculously low.
Sandoval County
Data Entry Clerks (Current Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMApril 19, 2017
Sandoval County is a amazing place to work with Amazing people. Working with the public you couldn't meet a diverse group of people that live in Sandoval County. It was a great joy to serve the public and was a amazing opportunity.
The only real problem is there is absolutely no room for advancement or raises.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no room for growth
Great job
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMMarch 9, 2017
Great job, great benefits, for Sandoval County, you choose your shift, either morning, swing or graveyard, lots of Overtime. Great Training. You'll work on different pods
A high volume kitchen in which quantity is more emphasized than quality.
Cook's Aide (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMSeptember 20, 2015
There is almost no room for advancement, creativity or anything more than opening precooked food, heating and serving. There is minimal room to take these precooked entrees and make them one's own and season them.
The benefits are awesome and on par with any government job, but the pay, after benefits, is below poverty level. Other people in the same area are decent compensation, the schedule is great, but this is not a job to retire from, only one to get a foot in the door and wait until someone dies or retires to allow room for advancement.
Pros
Healthcare, Paid sick/vacation
Cons
Must be young enough to lift and move hundreds of pounds of food and move quickly
Program Assistant
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rio RanchoApril 3, 2015
Fill in as supervisor when needed to about 12 employees. Approve time sheets for peers as needed. Go out to senior homes to assess them and make sure all information is current so they can continue to receive services. Provide senior assessments at the senior center. Provide transportation for seniors to and from the senior program and/or various appointments. Deliver meals to seniors who are homebound. Track food orders for all home delivery. Ensure all home delivered meals are the proper temperature and delivered on schedule. Log and maintain hard and electric files in data base. Knowledgeable of SAMs, a data base with senior information. Schedule monthly and daily transportation activities for seniors. Answer phones for the meal program. Duties include but not limited to, working with Executive Administrator and Director of Finance to insure all guide lines for funding and financial tasks are met. Collect donations and submit to the Sandoval County Treasurer receipts on an appropriate basis. Make sure all vehicles maintenance and paperwork is current. Train and mentor new employees to follow all of the Senior Programs guidelines so they can become productive members of our workforce.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
No advancement opp.
Political Environment
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMApril 21, 2014
My job is very busy. I keep a very busy schedule with deadlines.
Productive and challenging
Employee Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMJuly 9, 2012
* You never knew what the day would bring, with employee questions or concerns with benefits or with policies.
* I learned a lot about benefits and HR regulations.
* Would challenge you to go to the next level.
* Team players.
* Leaving
* Getting to know the employees and helping employees whenever they had problems or concerns.
Pros
great benefits and retirement
Cons
pay was below market in all departments - a class comp study was in process when i left