Sandoz Culture reviews

Awesome place to work.
Technician II, Operations (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 20, 2019
I was planning on retiring there and was suppose to be my last place to work ever, but they are closing there doors and will no longer be. It was a great place to work and people there are great.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Closing
Four star rating
Lead Finished Dosage Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2019
Good place to work, room to move up, clean environment excellent benefits. , workplace culture are nice, enjoy most of my time working there, overtime.
Great boss, Amy Hodges
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Very positive experience working within the finance department under AD Amy Hodges. Held team accountable but was a pleasure to work for. Type of environment where you want to go that extra mile.
Wonderful place to work
District Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 14, 2018
Sandoz is an outstanding place to work. They have so many talented colleagues and they are just a delight to be around all the time. I hope I never, ever leave Sandoz.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Negative people
Constant turnover
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 1, 2018
I worked at Sandoz a few years ago in an executive level position. It was a cut throat culture. Out of the four Pharma companies that I have worked for in my career, this was easily the worst company for career advancement and an overall toxic culture.
Most of the folks in functional groups that I had daily relationships with have left the company for more rewarding positions. It's a real shame as well. The company could be great for professional and personal career development if it changed the culture.
Finally, in the four years I was there, they hired and fired 3 HR Directors. That speaks for itself.
Pros
Inexpensive living in NC
Cons
Back-stabbing management
Busy busy busy
SAP Super User (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NC 27893June 25, 2018
Constant panic stations and a general lack of alignment. Make more but don't make mistakes. Take it easy but make your numbers. Managers need to stop taking themselves so seriously and start developing teams.
Pros
Benefits, salary ok
Cons
Confusion, leadership, selfish culture
Enjoyed working there
Production Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 20, 2018
Great place to work.Everyone I worked around was great! Everyone was team players and didn't mind helping one another out.I would recommend others to go and work for them.
can learn multiple tasks
Filling Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 13, 2018
you will learn more about safety and how they clean rooms after production. you will also work around different cultures and also learn more about who you are working with
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good Benefits
Distribution (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 20, 2018
Good place to work. The benefits are great. The culture is okay providing the shut down of the Broomfield location. I would recommend working for this company
Great people determined to make it work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJanuary 22, 2018
Sandoz & Ciba-Geigy were in the process of merging to form Novartis when I worked there. It was quite an interesting & involved process.

It was a pleasure working with such a great group of people & seeing 2 companies come together & making it work into one company like that.
Pros
Pleasant work environment, great people.
Cons
Ended too soon - office closed & I moved to TN
Contract Experience
NEUROSCIENCE SPECIALITY REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 13, 2018
PDI was a fine company to work for

Worst Manager ever-old school, suppose to be a Specialty Mgr was more of a Primary Care Mgr

Sandoz-bad data set, tried to get contract off the ground but doomed,
Management was very stringent on numbers & not realisitic when their sister company reps call averages were so vastly different than our call goals

Unfair balalnce of work load by DM creating unfair boundaries for reps
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short contract, DM lack of geography & culture
Productive and nice workplace
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
Work culture was good, trained me gradually on various analytical techniques. Management very considerate and supportive. Enjoyed working with my colleagues and had a good time.
Pros
Free lunches
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 3, 2017
Typical work day 8-5. Had a great boss who lived in Ohio. Only saw him Quarterly.
I learned a lot about Drugs. Lots of training classes. HHQ responsibility. Very laid back. My boss was very supportive, allowed me to do my job my way.
Hardest part of the job was going to an appointment and getting to talk to the person you needed to talk to. Not just leaving samples.
Being rewarded for your hard work.
Pros
I had a great boss.
Cons
On the road a lot.
Competitive behavior in all employees
Senior Medical Manager (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalSeptember 5, 2017
Compliance guided all activities in the Company. Well oriented, wonderful directors committee, kindly employees, challenge work, lot of opportunities. One of the most enjoyable place to work inside Novartis.
Pros
Compliance, Competitive
Cons
Bureaucracy
Fun, great staff
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rusk, TXJuly 21, 2017
Fun, easy office management job. Get very repetitive. Every day is usually the same. The clients are great, and easy to work with. Great manager who is always willing to help if needed, but prefers you to be independent and self efficient.
Status quo culture
Associate Director, Technical Operations (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 18, 2017
Overall the pay, benefits and progression was good to great for high performers. The downside was a status quo culture that impeded progress and change.
PTA Board
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 13, 2017
This is an excellent school with excellent staff. They were easy to work with, and provided an amazing environment for all families. The PTA is efficiently run, but dedicated volunteers.
Productive work place
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 18, 2017
Sandoz is a really competitive work environment and fast pace. You learn a lot about new equipment and new faces that you come across. Over all its a really good company to work for.
positives and negatives
Raw Materials Chemist III (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 4, 2017
Work with a great group of people; currently learning a large new skill set; great flexible schedule; negative culture in company, management viewed poorly
Great
Petroleum Landman (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMarch 7, 2017
I learned so much and loved every moment of it. The Support system was astounding. I was able to work with so many brilliant people in so many interesting places.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandoz. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight