Sandpiper Property Mgt Employee Reviews

company sucks as a whole
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  indianaMay 9, 2019
this company lets its managers go into your emails and see things that are private and also had medical records in there and they did nothing.. Instead they fired me and left a manager who is bringing the property down. I feel bad for this company and the hotel as a whole. They work you crazy hours and then dont let you use your paid time off. Do not work for them.
Amazing Place to Work!
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2019
I have had nothing but wonderful experiences since I started! I work with an amazing team and feel as if my managers truly value us! The company continues to grow and so many amazing opportunities are coming!
Working for them was worst experience of my life
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 2, 2019
They turn the most dedicated employees into slaves. Work for them at your own peril. You will work a ton of hours and they will not pay you for it. As a manager you will be asked to outright lie to guests and employees alike so be prepared. By far the worst work/home life balance. Putting in for vacation, better hope they don't find a reason to make you work, trust me if they can they will. You will not at any time feel appreciated and your paycheck will show that. I worked for them for over 5 years and by far the worst company. They don't even pay their vendors on time, so make sure you are willing to lie all the time about what invoices aren't paid. Poorly managed company.
Pros
Cons
insurance, hours, compensation, lack of resources, complete mismanagement
Just average!
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 21, 2017
Sandpiper is okay. Job was average with average pay. You manage extended stay hotels with some daily clientele but most guest stay for a week. Some properties are new, but most are older and smell funny. Turnover amongst hourly employees is high and hard to find quality people due to the average pay. Regional managers are okay, but really do have a plan in place for the overall success of the properties.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Benefits, pay raises, turnover
might as well be the scummy landlord of the hotel industry
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  GainesvilleOctober 29, 2016
they don't care about employees, high turnover, it was worth it when they allowed employees to live in the hotels, company does not give you the resources to resolves any issues with the guests, you eventually get so frustrated with your job that you take it out on guests, incredibly mismanaged, no investment in employees, you won't be able to afford benefits so don't ask, managers of hotels aren't really managers.. they are more like babysitters for properties.. lots more....
Pros
mismanaged company lets you run amock, no accountability
Cons
mismanaged company all around, don't think future with his company
Diversity
Housekeeper & Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 8, 2016
It's a okay company to work for it's very diversed and you get to know the guest that stay in the properties when they stay for more than a week
Pros
People I work with
Cons
Healthcare
Good Company
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 6, 2016
Come and work with this company only if you are ready to work. We do not let you slack. We work as a team. Come and see for yourself.
Misleading job advertisement
Full-Time Property Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 2, 2015
When interviewed, it was not disclosed that your pay check was going to be untaxed. No benefits, but it was disclosed. The job required a lot of run-around excuses to tenants. Issues were not being taking seriously by management.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No benefits, untaxed paychecks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandpiper Property Mgt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4