Sandvik Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good job
machinist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJune 19, 2018
pay was low but working conditions were good machines were newer air conditioned inspection equipment were top drawer don't have much to do with the hmong they screw you given the chance.
Pros
nice place
Cons
the hmong
horrible management
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 4, 2018
great pay but horrible management and negative all around atmosphere. you work as apart of the union but the union is pretty much useless when it comes to protecting you from managemnt
Great benefits
Operator (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTMay 10, 2018
They have great benefits. 15 days PTO right away which you do have to use two weeks for at shutdown during July but most other companies only give you a week anyway so you get an extra two weeks off. 4 weeks after 5 years and 5 weeks after 10 years. You don't find companies around that give that kind of PTO these days.

You get a week off as holiday during Christmas time which is great.

401K, life insurance, medical, dental and vision coverage.
They also have tuition reimbursement.
You can't beat the benefits you get from this company.

Company has been around forever, it feels like there is really good job security with Sandvik.

Some of my coworkers can be negative sometimes but you find that everywhere you go, some people will never be happy.
Pros
Great benefits, Christmas party and week off at holidays, stable company
Cons
Negative coworkers
excellent
Group Secretary (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJMay 5, 2018
excellent work expeirience great managers and co workers extremely friendly and relaxed environment recognition for accomplishments and good job performance

excellent company and experience.
Team
U.S. TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAApril 28, 2018
I have the responsibility of opening the security gate for most visitors and truck drivers. I direct them for pick ups and remind them of our safety requirements. I learned how to coordinate shipments outbound and comparing rates for lowest costs.
Our direct manager has been with us about 15 months and he is extremely helpful with anything at all.
The hardest part of the job is co workers that are demanding and do not work together.
The best part of the job is being close to home. The pay is decent with all the benefits for the most part.
Pros
free coffee. My direct manager is great.
Cons
Too many depend on gossip to judge, People not doing their job, There isn't much training for new responsibilities
great place to work at
Managing stock (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNApril 23, 2018
had a great time working at sandvik while it lasted. The place had to close its doors to management reasons. Not making enough money to keep its doors open.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
over work
No Good.
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVApril 13, 2018
I was told "LIGHT" Travel and the second week I went to Alaska for three weeks and then to Finland for two more week. No work room in the office and no comms with management.
Pros
Check cleared the bank.
Cons
Everything else
Ok place to work, fast paced, woman don't get promoted, good benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Westminster, SCMarch 28, 2018
Typical day consisted of never knowing how many hours you would be asked to work over, if any. At first I learned a lot but then when mngmnt changed we didn't get to cross train as much and even people you worked with didn't want to share things they knew about the job. It was always stressful because everyone was so backstabbing and untruthful all the time. We had fun sometimes but you never knew when it was gonna flip on you. Things were never consistant.
Pros
Good benefits, Yearly fun days, Dinners, Quarterly incentives
Cons
Bad management, Inconsistent guidelines, Rules weren't the same for all
good job for a career
MASTER PROCESSING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  kennewick waMarch 18, 2018
The job its self was great and the compensation was more then adequate. Just the management itself has some work that needs to be done.Other then that its a good job for sure
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Account Exec (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJMarch 11, 2018
This is a big company, very nice to work for. Lots of opportunities for training and career advancement. Good benefits. Good work-life balance. HR
Exprirence
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 9, 2018
It was an experience to learn the skills of the company to expand my learning to take with me to the next level of achievements. to have the opportunity to have the honor of working for a well established company.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
had to watch the machines while on lunch
Manufacturing Associate III (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHMarch 7, 2018
Opportunities to work in multiple manufacturing settings. Some departments are highly structured and some provide freedom to accomplish work in your own manner.
Pros
Good benefits, reasonable management, good pay and PTO
Cons
HR is structured globally, making personal HR issues more difficult to resolve.
Contract Employment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJMarch 5, 2018
I was only suppose to be working for 6 months and this turned into 2 and 1/2 years. The company itself is good, my management team was great and would love to join them again.
Pros
Excellent work Environment
Cons
Contract Work
Enjoyed experience and knowledge of senior workers
Spherion Temp (Former Employee) –  Connellsville, PAFebruary 22, 2018
-pressure wash, sand blast, fork-lift operation
-enjoyed the experience of learning a bit about mining equip and the industry
-most difficult part of job was environmental and personal safety concerns especially (sand blasting) and lack of ventilation
-tough to get past managements lack of support for my safety concerns
Pros
flex time within reason as long as you put in hours
Cons
low pay and environmental concerns
great manager and fun work environment
Inside Sales Representative/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2018
serious job making sure all measurements and materials were to spec. the hardest part of the job was being trained by someone out of the office that didn't want to train anyone. I had to teach myself most of the job but had a very supportive manager that was easy to get along with and very intelligent.
Overall good company to work for if you need a job, not a career.
ADC employee (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KY 41048February 13, 2018
If you need a job, it's a good place to work. If you're looking for some place you can advance, not good at all. It takes way too long to move up in the warehouse/company, if you even ever get the opportunity. And if you do, most likely you'll be stuck in that position till the end of time. Everybody starts on second shift, and it's almost impossible to get moved to an earlier shift. They try to do the most amount of work with the least amount of employees, so the workload gets piled on those who show higher capabilities. Hours for mid and second shift are always uncertain, so you never know when your shift will end.
Pros
Overall a good company to work for, ie. good benefits, vacation time, job security, Job is fairly easy to learn and do on a daily basis, Very safe and mostly clean environment to work in.
Cons
Shift start times always changing, mid and second shift never have a set out time, Eight hour work days rarely occur, Managers have little to no interaction with employees.
working enviroment
Tool Polisher/Safety Coordinator under EHS (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 6, 2018
Great working environment and great hours, relaxing and great co-workers with a family environment. The hardest part is no chance for advancement within the company and not always possible for paid schooling.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
no chance for advancement
Work
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVFebruary 4, 2018
best part about my job was the people I worked for and my boss was very help full when I needed them so help me they really took time out of there schedule to help out.
Pros
Bosses
Cons
Lack of work
Challenging and Fun workplace
Branch Manager/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVFebruary 1, 2018
Typical day at Sandvik was challenging, fun and sometimes stressful. Daily there was something new to learn at Sandvik, whether it was learning how to cope with stress of other employee, learning to handle the customers and their daily challenges.
Hardest part of the job was managing all the direct reports and their different personalities and keep the moral up in the workplace. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with my fellow co-workers and the customers.
Could be a good place to work
5 axis (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCJanuary 31, 2018
They are forcing current employees take weekend job positions.
MANAGEMENT IS A TOTAL JOKE. So if that's what your looking for this place could be for you.