SANDWICH UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Fast paced collaborative environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 18, 2019
This was a great experience working in a kitchen ran by an experienced team willing to be collaborative with team members with ideas to improve the business etc.

Also working late nights in a city filled with people who truly enjoy the food and come back multiple times for it makes your proud to work for the company.

Just Be on time, give great effort and you’ll love every minute!
Pros
Great environment
Boss is the Best. He knows how to run a kitchen
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  MorgantownMarch 13, 2019
The manager is does right a tight ship, but is validated with the volume and quality of product. You can tell he and the rest of the staff care about the product and customers. All these other reviews are probably from someone who just couldn't cut it and they were trying to get an easy ride.

The place is very busy and the couple that manages the place are amazing. I miss them very much and would of stayed but I had to move away.

He gave me the best reference for my current job and I was hired soon after.

I hear he started closing on Sunday's now just to give staff a day off. I wish I got that! It was always busy.

Thanks G!
Pros
Busy, Time Flies, Good Pay with tips
Cons
Late nights
Don't apply unless you can work night
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 6, 2019
The management is very poor, the place isn't the cleanest. Staff treated poorly by owner. I worked here and I do not regret quitting. The boss comes off as a jerk.
February 14, 2019

You know damn well this is the cleanest place in town. Please post your name here and I can respond to how great of an employee you were.

I have no clue who you are and most likely you couldn't cut it.

Communication is poor. Scheduling is poor. Owner spiteful.
Delivery Driver/contractor (Former Employee) –  High Street, MorgantownDecember 31, 2018
Don’t work here.. Do the same thing with less hassle and more money at any other delivery job.. Makes your schedule, tells you how to do things, makes you pay $40 for a T-shirt (uniform) but wants to consider you a contract employee because of benefits and tax reasons. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
College campus/Students make it an entertaining environment
Cons
Considered contractor, low pay, owner is deceiving. Hassle. Vehicle maintenance.
February 14, 2019

Our downtown drivers did nothing but deliver food. It couldn't of been more basic. Yes we make the schedule for the business and try to stay two weeks ahead, if you had put your availability in there properly.

Yes you have to purchase a staff shirt/uniform. Once we moved back over from 1099 drivers, thats when we changed it to an actual uniform.

Please respond with your name so I can rate you.

Thanks

Horrible place to work and eat
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 3, 2018
The boss is crazy, there are absolutely no benefits, the boss wouldn’t allow us to purchase drinks from his store, we could only spend up to 6 dollars on the job with a discount, and he handles things like a high school boy. Highly don’t recommend working or getting food from here.
February 14, 2019

Yes, we don't want our drivers get 50% on bottled drinks. That was a $6 discount. Jimmy Johns give you $2 discount in comparison.

Not Recommended
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 26, 2018
I was expecting full time employment, but they cut my hours and pay rate soon after I started. Also, they terminate delivery drivers without even telling them. They are just suddenly off the schedule.
Pros
Not a hard job
Cons
Everything else
February 14, 2019

Yeah, you probably couldn't cut it. We have to many other solid drivers to chose from.

Horrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 6, 2018
Food is garbage cheap nothing special, way over priced. Boss is a scum bag loser worst place I ever worked! Rather be broke than work for that lunatic
Pros
Cons
Horrible place

HAHAHA Loser.

Thanks

Boss is crazy, food is gross
cashier (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 12, 2018
Food is cheap and catered to drunk late night kids. The owner sits around and argues/insults people on the internet all day. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place until it inevitably shuts down.
Pros
watching high st shenanigans
Cons
pay for parking, low wage, crazy demanding boss, long hours beyond shift

Loser.

Please state your name so I can give you 1-5 stars.

Thanks

Easy job, boss was crazy
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 11, 2017
It was a very simple and easy job to complete. Boss was crazy, required to work until 4 a.m. unless you wanted to get fired. He only wanted his money and never really cared about the workers.
February 14, 2019

Yes opening until 4am was a requirement and clearly stated.

I care about my employees and you know it.

Please state your name so I can rate you 1-5 stars.

Thanks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDWICH UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

SANDWICH UNIVERSITY Reviews by Location