Sandy Spring Bank Employee Reviews

Excellent Culture and Benefits
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 24, 2018
The culture and benefits were excellent. However, I felt as though management wasn't there to support the improvement of employees...................
Pros
Benefits, Culture
Cons
Short lunch breaks, management
Great company with great values
HR Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 23, 2017
SSB, is a great company to work for. It has amazing culture, always out in the community, and it puts great values on it's employees. As a student, they will give you money for school for both PT and FT employees. Also the management is great and genuinely wants you to be successful. If you want to grow and learn a lot about business they have all the resources, you just have to take advantage of them.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Work-Life Balance
Cons
Pay could be slightly higher
Bank Culture
Audit Officer II (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDFebruary 13, 2018
Bank environment is fast paced. Management is demanding. Hours are good. Salary is based on experience. Title is based on salary. 401K available. PTO .
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Not to much advancement or growth.
Great Work Atmosphere
Great Work
Advancement Opportunities
Career Advancements
Managerial Job Advancements
Great place. Well liked in the community!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 17, 2017
I actually loved working here! I made an error that cost me my employment but I'd return at the drop of a hat! My coworkers and managers were all super pleasant and endearing and the type of work was really relaxing. Not at all like what I expected from a banking institution. They never nagged or pushed things on clients and we worked on first names basis with all clients!
Pros
Staff, work flow, benefits, environment
Cons
pay could have been slightly higher
Assistant Vice President - Commercial Lending (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2018
If it were not for a relocation to South Carolina from Maryland, I could see Sandy spring bank being a long term career for me. They were wonderful gracious people who really cared about their employees.
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere, flexible schedules
Cons
No gym!
Mortgage Loan Analyst/Mortgage Closing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 10, 2018
Partnered with loan originators,underwriters and closers daily to ensure all parties were aware of the loan within my pipeline which were closing or were going to close within the month
Pros
Team Mates
Cons
Short breaks
It's a job ya know
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 3, 2018
Nothing great and nothing horrible. You can spend the rest of your life here or grow and leave, choice is completely yours. I think they have been able to help me and show me what I do and don't want out of my career.
Pros
Lunches, Cook outs, Gift Cards
Cons
Small bank
Good Place to Work
Senior Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 2, 2018
Production goals are strong, but makeable. Work often takes more than 9 to 5 to complete due to tight staffing. Support areas are manned to a bare minimum.
Fun place to work and also opportunites to make extra money
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sandy Spring, MDMay 10, 2014
My typical day at work included opening up the branch by 8:30 am. I would then get prepared for the day by checking to make sure there was no one there and taking out my cash drawer. I would also stock the supplies. I opened up the doors to the public by 9:00am. I loved working their because I got to meet so many different types of people. I would make conversation with them and also process their transactions. Some time the conversations would lead to referrals that made extra money for me. I also was responsible for counting currency and verifying the negotiables which are various form of money inclusing travelers cheques, cashiers checks and money orders. At 3:00 two of us would blance the vault verifying all the money was there. At the end of the day we would lock the door at 3:30pm and start counting down and balancing our drawers. The best thing about working there was my team. We got along well and when I left they threw a party for me! It was a nice family atmosphere.
Pros
Family Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
customer oriented workplace
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Olney, MDAugust 17, 2017
Good place to work, very inconsistent on promotions and pay raises. Good communication between managers and lower employees. A generally positive work environment
Great Company to work for.
Part-Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Burtonsville, MDJune 18, 2017
I'm a part-time teller at Sandy Spring Bank in Burtonsville,Md. I get twenty eight hours per week and i mostly work in the drive through section of the bank. I handle customers transactions in a speedily manner and provide excellent customer service while offering other products.
Pros
great company to work with. Very friendly and supportive.
Cons
No benefits for part timers.
Good People
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed the people. I disliked the hypocrisy. The area was nice, at lunch you could go to the harbor and eat near the water. Very good dynamic amongst co-workers.
Solid Community Bank
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDMarch 22, 2018
Sandy Spring is a strong partner in the community and an excellent company. The work is challenging. The professional culture supports growth and development. I enjoyed working with a growing company and having the opportunity to learn .
Productive Job that Opens Door to Many Opportunities
Teller Trainee - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 28, 2016
I love working at Sandy Spring Bank! Everything about Sandy Spring Bank is great, Working the night shift is simple, because it does not conflict with my scheduling in school and with my second job.
Pros
Not to difficult, barely any problems, staff is nice, work environment stays clean and organized, benefits provided, employee banking
Cons
not enough hours (part-time)
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 4, 2013
This company is false gold. It looks good on the outside, but the management is upside down. They do offer good benefits, but that comes with a cost of micro management and false company guidelines.
benefits
Cons
Management, culture, false gold affect
Great company-low advancement
Customer Care Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 4, 2018
The client service center is a great way to get your foot in the door but if you want to advance to certain areas, be prepared to move, commute or say in the same place indefinitely. People stay at Sandy Spring for life
Great
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 31, 2017
Working at Sandy Spring Bank is great because there is a work-life balance; I work hard enough to earn a fair pay for decent hours, while also having the free time to pursue my interests.
Pros
job pays fairly
Cons
no paid vacation
Mature Company
Trust Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 29, 2018
For young employees they may feel stifled by the old school values and processes of the company. Upward mobility seems limited to the retirement of senior employees. New job growth within the company is minimal.
Cares about their employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDFebruary 23, 2012
Awesome place to work for, great benefits, just not enough hours after working there for a year and a half.