Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute Employee Review

View all Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute reviews

Very unique in it's Medical Research efforts.
Employee Shuttle Operator (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CANovember 13, 2012
Not a very difficult position to have being only responsible for transportation of employees from off-site buildings to the main campus. The most enjoyable part of my job was my direct Supervisor and a few of my co-workers.
Pros
company sponsored beer parties and off-site departmental gatherings.
Cons
prolonged sitting in a very uncomfortable vehicle.

Other Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute Employee Reviews

State of the art laboratory!
Lab Technician II (HT/HTL) (Former Employee) –  Lake NonaApril 24, 2017
I absolutely loved working here - overall it gets 5 stars from me. A lot has changed since I have been gone though from what I understand. (I still maintain contact with other current employees). When I was there though, I was able to learn hands on things that most people will go a lifetime and not have the opportunity to learn. The people were nice, the work was fun and I when I went home everyday I felt successful and satisfied with my job. Unfortunately, a feeling I am currently missing... I only left because slowly my hours started going down (I was part-time) and then the other part-time job I had was desperate to make me a full time employee... so overall, in the end, I left. Would go back in a heartbeat if there was a spot for me though.
Pros
Lunch and learns were awesome :) Free food and awesome science
Cons
I just wish when I was there that there had been more work for me!
Orlandos Brightest Minds!
Shipping and Receiving clerk/ Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2016
This facility is a beautiful one. with so many bright minds congregating under one roof! the staff is friendly and fun. there are often events for the staff to participate in, making this a fun environment!