Sanford Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 17, 2018
Many things needing to be changed throughout company. Difficult to be heard or be taken seriously when problems arise. no other comments on this company
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great team work. Dedicated employees.
Clinical Oncology Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 8, 2018
Oncology Clinical Research at Sanford is a very busy position with all the oncology studies of data/specimen collection, data entry and patient visits.The whole research process is very interesting.
Pros
Great work group.
Cons
Parking, unorganization, benefits.
managment/hardest part about job
REGISTRAR&FAMILY ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  South DakotaJune 6, 2018
not always around to answer questions, lack of appreciation for employees/ workers. Hardest part about the job was finding a spot to "fit" it most departments have to many "CLICKS" so it makes it hard to find someone nice.
Great Place To Work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJune 5, 2018
I really like working for Sanford Health. People are nice and friendly. Enjoy going to work everyday. I'm always learning new things. I would recommend working for anybody
N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 4, 2018
Sanford was a great company to work for. They cared about their employees. They allowed their employees opportunities to learn and advance. The overall atmosphere was great and I met many great people at Sanford.
I love my coworkers
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJune 2, 2018
I love my coworkers, but the job is very stressful. It is an amazing bunch of people who care about the end product which is patient satisfaction. I wish there was more management involvement.
Pros
great team
Cons
no structure
Very flexible for scheduling
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 22, 2018
I'm in high school so my schedule is really unpredictable, but Sanford is great with working around it! I also got a lot of exposure to new people being in a hospital, and learned many skills having to do with communication.
Excellent Staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 13, 2018
Sanford provides an environment that allows you to learn and grow in your career field. The staff at Sanford are professional and work well as a team. I would recommend this company for any newcomers to health care or those with experience.
typical work day/ management
Enviromental Services Director/Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MNMay 10, 2018
typical work day is touch base with my staff and see if they need anything from me, Me and other maintenance man would then finis any open work orders, change filters as needed, check the boilers and general building maintenance. I learned managing skills and prioritizing work to be done. It was a very enjoyable place to work. Hardest part of the job was finding local contractors
Fun place to work
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 5, 2018
Loved working there. My co workers were awesome. I learned a lot of new things. The manager was wonderful. Hours were ok. Benefits weren’t the greatest. Had to quit because flu shot became mandatory and would be put on furlough until flu season was over.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Flu shot
Opportunities for advancement are many
Vice President-Human Resources, Fargo Region (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 27, 2018
As the VP of Human Resources I oversaw a staff of approximately 65 employees and programs in all areas of HR. The culture was evolving due to the merger when I resigned. I can no longer speak to that anymore.
Pros
Salary, staff
What I learned
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 24, 2018
Sanford was a good work place and I gained great friends and good experiences to advance my knowledge and helped me when I went back to school. Would recommend working at Sanford.
working at sanford health was hard
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 19, 2018
Taking patients vitals, doing rounds, taking out trash, escorting patient to personal vehicle after discharge.
Care giver, Direct Activities, Bathing, Feeding and Grooming
Pros
health care
Cons
Break was alway short
Great working environment
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 18, 2018
Prepared sterile and non-sterile compounds. Helped with dispensing and filling Acudoses. Performed medication reconciliation as a P3. Able to work at least one day per week and every 2nd or 3rd weekend. Overnight weekends every 3 months.
under paid
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 13, 2018
I have been here for over a year as a cna. I started at $11 and make $11.08 now. Everyone gets a 1% raise yearly and that is it. New people are hired on at a higher rate than I am making due to the needs.
Pros
hours to work
Cons
pay
Profile By Sanford
Profile INTERN - IT Personal Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 12, 2018
Profile is a great place to work, I have been told the the IT departments at Sanford hospitable is not the best and there infrastructure needs to be redone.
Profile by Sanford is a great place to work, good environment bright colors and new infrastructure and great scalability, and the co-workers are great. It is a happy environment and a positive place to work. If you cannot handle humor stay away from profile.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good managers, Great people at the corporate location, little to no swearing.
Cons
Offices are a little noisy, during meetings
was very fun, nursing staff was awesome
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 11, 2018
I had a great time being a caregiver for nursing home patients. staff was very fun and always worked with a positive attitude for a job that can be at times very messy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not paid enough as a CNA
Enjoy going to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Canby, MNApril 7, 2018
I really love my job at Sanford. The hours are great and my co workers are amazing. The only negative is I have to drive an hour one way. I enjoy going to work there everyday.
Misguided Priorities
Associate Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 3, 2018
When I told people that I work at Sanford Health, they're first reaction us usually "Oh wow, you much make so much working there", if only that was the truth. From the inside it is obvious that that they are trying to cut employee costs wherever they can. They "didn't have money in the budget for coffee in the employee break room", however they can sponsor a marathon to the point where they can put their name on it. Employee satisfaction leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
Discounts at local businesses.
Cons
Pay
Stressful and always understaffed
n/a (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 31, 2018
Every day you receive a text to come to work because you are short. Management doesn't seem to care about this and the turn over is constant. Upper management doesn't mind taking a bigger raise than the people working the floors. They don't appreciate their employees nor do they care about keeping them around. You're just another number on the payroll.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanford Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight