Play YouTube video button
63Average

Sanford Health Employee Reviews

United States607 reviews
Featured review
Sanford Health selected this as a representative review
I have worked at Sanford for three years. It has been a great job to have while in college. The wages are fair, I enjoy my work, and I enjoy the company of all of my coworkers.
we was always short somewhere so we always had to do extra work or more then what we should actually be doing, The job in general showed and taught me a lot. I never youse to be fast or on time till I start working there
Pros
The co workers
This was the worst place I ever worked. Don't work for them, especially the ARC. There is absolutely no management. They want to "WORK" from home all the time, never follow company policies, let people show up and leave when they want for stupid reasons, there is always major sabotage and bullying, and the upper people don't care. They would rather make themselves look good by turning their head and targeting one person. I never got any of my breaks either when I worked there. And they force you to eat lunch together and if you don't go with them out to eat and have a drink you're looked down upon.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
No breaks, Sabotage, Bullying, No Management
I enjoyed my time with this company and think it's a great place to work. They have friendly staff and the residents are amazing I am thankful for the opportunity I had there.
Pros
Health benifits are great
Cons
Short staffed at times but that happens at any company
Good pay, good opportunity for growth, poor management in some areas, good benefits, and always stayed busy. You were acknowledged for doing a good job.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I am basing this review off of my time in the critical care unit. Staffing is poor constantly, this assignments are not safe. Rarely getting a meal break as an RN on the floor was hard, and definitely led to burnout. With the hospital always striving for more certifications (comp. stroke, level I trauma, magnet, etc.) there was always more work added on to nursing without being given resources to help achieve them. The collaboration with doctors and other nursing colleagues is what made the job enjoyable, as the work load was just insane 95% of the time. The focus on “productivity” and refusal to bring in travel nurses was so disheartening. I hope that the company is able to turn things around.
Pros
Sick ICU, complex patients, great experience, teamwork between all disciplines was excellent
I wish they were more flexible with schedules and worked to meet employee needs more. Employees would be happier and less likely to leave. Also need an overhaul of management. When a unit loses more than 1/2 their nurses something is wrong!!
Pros
Many locations to chose from
Cons
Manager
i love working this company, reason is employee was very nice.resident was the best resident i have work with, customer was very good and job was very easy.
I absolutely loved working for Sanford Health. The people and environment were great. The pay was nice and the hours worked very well for being a single parent
Pros
Environment
Cons
Overall this hospital is a great place to work at. There are a few things I wish to explain, but it really comes down to whoever the person is! Just got to keep pushing and doing what you love.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Below average pay
Most my department left for better jobs, I left after them. When I started here I was harassed to no end with little help from management and zero from Human Resources. The work environment was hostile and people talked behind others back like crazy. Sanford changed job titles from what we were hired as to a lesser job title starting it was easier to manage. Than they reposted our original job titles with higher pay and made us rebid for them rather than giving us our job title back.
Pros
Cons
A lot.
You were just a warm body filling a mediocre position! You give your all and you might get a thank you, another person picks up a shift and praises are given. So much unfairness..
Typical day at work includes hitting the floor running. Along with that there is a lot of laughter and, at times, tears.This years severe influenza season followed by Covid pandemic was unsurpassed. Change in management allowed some confusion and heightened frustration. Other than the last eight months I look forward to coming to work every day. The employees care about the patients, community and co-workers.
They cannot keep staff (for a reason). Your work and efforts are never appreciated. There are numerous pointless meetings. You will always be short-staffed and your patients and residents will suffer. The pay is decent, but that is the ONLY positive thing about the job. Most people only work here out of convenience if they are local.
They really make it feel like a wonderful place to work. The staff is happy the patients and their families love this hospital because it has so much positive word of mouth. There are always ways to advance if you want it. I got lucky and had some of the best management in my adult life. I only left because I moved out of state but otherwise I would still work there.
Work hard and you will advance. Senior management is respectful of staff workloads and acknowledges hard work. You will meet people who left and came back.... grass is always greener but also relates to compensation levels.
I had a good experience working there, the staff is very friendly. It’s like a family there. I had a lot of support and you sort of become close with everyone you meet.
Love the benefits, interesting job, time flies by. On the downside, it is a very large organization and sometimes hard to get anything done when there is a problem, especially working remotely.
There is a huge variety in the amount of exams we do and its a great place to learn skills you might not learn in a smaller health system. Being a big regional area and serving a wide population leads to great diversity to patient population and types of test.
Sanford Health is my second family. I work 7:30-4:30 in in Utilization Management, Monday through Friday and enjoy what I currently do. Insurance was something new for me and I have become very competent with case management work. I enjoy working with my team as we all work very well together.
Pros
Job security. Sanford Health has great leadership and it continues to grow.
Cons
Not delivering direct patient care.
I love the satisfaction that I get when I know that I am helping change a life. It's amazing to see our clients transform right in front of us.
The hardest part of my job is when clients give up before they even get started.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanford Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.