Sanford Health Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Worthington, MNOctober 9, 2018
Horrible company full of horrible people. The managers are absolutely terrible people. Bad hours. No schedule made in advance. They literally call you 5 minutes before a shift telling you that you need to come in or you'll lose your job. I was scheduled to work and got there, clocked in only to be told my schedule had been changed, but no one informed me. Lack of communication is a huge problem with this company. I called, texted, and emailed my manager on 3 different phone numbers only to get no response for 3 days before deciding to just wait in her office to get a clear answer as to what was going on. These incidents happened for almost 6 months before I said enough is enough and left.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no benefits, horrible inconsistent hours
Very repetitive and stagnant in food services
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 23, 2018
This is somewhat predictable, but being a cook at Sanford is all about adhering exactly to the daily routine and the unchanging recipes. Creativity is underappreciated, as cooks are given no freedom to make decisions and the internal rules require any recipe to be sent through a bureaucratic jumble of reviews and nutritional analyses before they can be served, a process taking months in the event that you ever hear back. If stability and routine is your cup of tea, this is a good job for you, especially as job security is strong and benefits are good. If independence and creativity matter to you, this is a black hole.
Additionally, every day in food services is filled with the constant pressure to get all the work done in 8 hours every day with no overtime allowed despite severe under-staffing.
Pros
Good benefits, stable/predictable hours
Cons
No free meals for cooks, getting counseled for having even one hour of overtime, no room for creativity
greedy employer
RN (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 26, 2018
this company is all about money. They will delay even a tiny $1.25 raise that they promised you until the last possible moment and come up with all kind of excuses. They will delay changing your schedule to the one you asked because all they care is their budget. But when it comes to making you work when and how the company wants, trust me, there will be no delays or excuses. So if you feel like begging for a year for that extra dollar that they will tease you will, by all means work for Sanford.
Pros
It's a trap
Cons
low pay and terrible schedules
Excellent Culture
HIM Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 3, 2019
Loved the Work Culture, Co-workers & Management - Unfortunately had to leave as I was offered a higher paying position that I couldn't turn down - in hindsight I wish I could've stuck it out in hopes of more compensation because I loved the work environment and the wonderful team I was a part of
Pros
Excellent Cafeteria with a Wide Variety of Food Selections as a Great Price
Cons
Pay was low for my postion so unfortunately I had to move on to support myself
Centered on Corporation Philsophy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNOctober 6, 2018
A typical day at work is often short staffed. Management seems to be focused on the corporation versus its employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients and co-workers. The salary is fair to above average. The workplace culture is often negative due to staffing levels and management's philosophy.
Pros
Salary, co-workers, benefits
Cons
Limited staffing, negative work environment, focused on corporation versus employees
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 12, 2018
I enjoy working with Sanford Health Bismarck. The employees are always so kind and willing to work with you. Training is done well. Insurance benefits are NOT the greatest but they are affordable. Always send updates when things change so I am always up to date.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, friendly staff
Cons
no advancement (unless you get a different degree in something), health insurance (not the greatest)
Good place to work.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 21, 2018
Fully staffed lab, have all necessary instrument and supplies to perform tests, lab wages increasing by $1.00/ hrs every year for past three years but underpaid comparing to other staff with same level of education. Overall decent benefits and good place to work.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and grow.
Cons
Management very strict about overtime, pay discrimination.
Over work and underpay
Lab Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 10, 2018
I loved what I did at work but the pay sucks and your overworked or doing more than your scope of practice. Not very flexible with scheduling time off. Pay raise is little to nothing each year.Poor management.
No advancement
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 11, 2018
Horrible Raises. theyre usually about 10-15 cents if you get one. Always short staffed. I like the staff I work with, thats a pro to working there. We used to get free meals when we picked up a shift but that was taken away.
Cons
low pay, short staffed
Loved the Job, Hated the People
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 14, 2018
I really enjoyed my job at Sanford, in fact, it was the hardest job I've ever had to leave. My manager was terrible though. And because she had been there 40+ years, complaints were useless. The doctors were all very friendly and the job itself was rather enjoyable.
Pros
Long lunch, benefits
Cons
Management, Large Company so Little Recognition

Want to know more about Sanford Health?

Ask a question
Supportive environment to work in
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 4, 2018
Good people worked at Sanford and the managers tried to help each employee do their best. Many benefits and opportunities at the company and they liked to promote from within,
Pathology Technician (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 27, 2018
It's a reliable job with very little opportunity for advancement within the company. The pay is somewhat above average and the benefits are on par for the area.
Wonderful place to be employed.
Food Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 28, 2018
I would recommend this opportunity to anyone who comes in contact with it. Everyone is on time, everyone is required to do their job, everyone is held accountable. Very low stress atmosphere. Very good manager also.
Pros
Very understanding people, Pto, no holidays or weekends
Cons
No raises, pay is low
Poor
Materials Handler/Sterilization Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 4, 2018
I did like this job however we did not get enough pay for what I did. We were the unsung heros and were not recognized in our area. We did not get enough benefits .
Good company to work for.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDJuly 23, 2018
Benefits were great, I was paid well for the position I held.
I was in charge of scanning all staff records, helped with work force safety training and filled in for other HR staff when out.
Fun workplace
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 26, 2018
While I was here this was a great fun workplace and the team I worked with was a great group. The benefits of people here made it a great place to work.
Great team work. Dedicated employees.
Clinical Oncology Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 8, 2018
Oncology Clinical Research at Sanford is a very busy position with all the oncology studies of data/specimen collection, data entry and patient visits.The whole research process is very interesting.
Pros
Great work group.
Cons
Parking, unorganization, benefits.
HR states the need for change, change management is facilitated as a course of instruction; the mgrs. Of org.& lead dev. unwilling to accept change
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 5, 2019
The mission & values of the company are not followed with regard to employees. There are many great employees; several HR managers need leadership & management training and coaching. Coaching your manager is not welcomed; your opinion does not matter. If you don't agree with some HR executives & managers you are not considered to be of value and are not given a chance to prove your worth to the organization. Jealousy that HR managers have toward employees seems to acceptable. There are biases based on who you associate with.
Pros
Exercise and lunch facilities
Cons
Management unwilling to accept disagreement with their ideas, they state the case for change yet unwilling to actually change
Stressful and always understaffed
n/a (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 31, 2018
Every day you receive a text to come to work because you are short. Management doesn't seem to care about this and the turn over is constant. Upper management doesn't mind taking a bigger raise than the people working the floors. They don't appreciate their employees nor do they care about keeping them around. You're just another number on the payroll.
Sanford-ok
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 2, 2018
It was ok but materials needed to perform job were hard to get processed or replaced or more if needed. Parking was very hard. My direct manager was pretty great but my department manager was horrible and would not meet our needs to make his own budget or bonuses work. The work was overwhelming because they added to the number of cases and professional employees but not the support staff as a result I was working an hour to and hour and a half later than my shift and having extra duties continually added.
Pros
Some good manageers, onsite cafeteria, discounts around town
Cons
parking, little advancement opportunites, small raises, added duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanford Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight