SANILAC COUNTY COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH Employee Reviews

Great Pay and benefits with Poor Management
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIAugust 20, 2018
Sanilac Community Mental Health was a great place to work until management turned out to be a negative and disappointing experience. Many of the employees were amazing to work with and one of the Supervisors was incredible. The support from the administrative and training staff was outstanding. The sad part was the nepotism from very few clinicians and my direct supervisor. This often happens in agencies, but I did not expect it to happen here. I would keep your eyes open, and not turn your back.
Pros
Great Traning, Great Experience
Cons
Horrible Leadership and Supervision
work environment changed for the worse
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MISeptember 14, 2016
I have worked for this agency for years. This was a great job with a great work environment for many years. There has been a change in upper management over the past few years and this is now a stressful work environment. The director told staff in an all staff meeting if they don't like it, quit. The pay is good for the area and for the field. Advancement comes to friends of management. The direct service staff is supportive of each other and helps balance the stress created by upper management. Free CEUs are a great perk for social workers, minimal CEUs for nurses.
Pros
37.5 hours is full time
Cons
upper management and their lack of respect for direct care staff
Case Management
Supports Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIAugust 29, 2016
I worked here for a short time and was let go abruptly for seemingly unfounded reasons. I transferred from a job of 13 years with seniority and security to advance my career. Without warning or any previous problems I was terminated.
Pros
good team
Cons
questionable management practices
Secretary III (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 14, 2016
Working with a very diverse population. Answering calls, cancelling appointments, ordering supplies, data entry, verifying insurances, taking minutes, scanning, faxing, working for multiple programs and all facet of clerical duties.
Company offers advancement opportunities
Account Clerk IV (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 8, 2016
Responsible for completing annual fee assessments,verifying insurance, adding billing payors, monitoring ineligibility, and assisting individuals with applying for Medicaid and Marketplace coverage. Co-workers were great. Our department was very efficient with our work assignments because we monitored information from shared data sources.
Great place to begin as an intern!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIJuly 5, 2016
400 hour internship placement. All staff are friendly and welcoming. Great environment to learn about social work and practice.
Fun place to work
Consumer (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, MI 48471August 31, 2015
The people that you work with at Sanilac County Community Mental Health are all very nice and more than willing to take the time to help you reach your potential as a worker and as a human being. I feel that they are respectful regardless of your position or theirs, this is do in large part to the employees treating each other as teammates as opposed to co-workers.
Worked as a peer suports specialist helping consumers link to resources.
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 9, 2013
Over all CMH was a good place to work with fair compensation. I worked 20 hours a week working with consumers. With IDDT and DRA group for dual recovery anonymous. The therapist were friendly and a good working invironment. Now I went to school and have my bachelors in BSW social work and taking classes towards my masters.
Pros
it was close about 26 miles to drive to and alot of resources
Cons
getting consumers to shop up for appointments.
Wonderful agency to work for, met many great people
Training Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIOctober 23, 2012
This agency provides great services to those most in need in the mental health community.
Cons
budget is dependent upon a high unemployment rate
Provides excellent opportunities for trainiings and learning.
Clinical/Therapy/Case Management (Current Employee) –  Marine City MiAugust 21, 2012
This job has provided me with several trainings and educational experiences which have enriched my level of competency.
Pros
free trainings and ceu's
Cons
non flexible work schedule