Sanimax Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
No tittle (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 14, 2019
It was terrible it smells like death and there’s no opportunity there to grow the same people have been there for years they give you grunt work to do and they barley even have that horrible experience.
Cons
Smells terrible, really nothing for you to do as far as work drag time.
Not recommended.
driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 1, 2018
Hard work, poor equipment, bad management. Very stressful, no personal life, company does not care about family time. Willing to bend the rules if it is their favor. If the employee bends the rules they are punished. Very unfair treatment.
Pros
Cons
Poor equipment, overworked, bad management.
Fast paced and collaborative work environment.
District Analyst (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 28, 2018
Would recommend Sanimax as a career destination in any area.

Company highly values its people and strives to invest in whatever way necessary to remain an industry leader.
Great place to work very rewarding
Production Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 10, 2018
Great company to work for, great owners that care about their business. Good opportunity to advance if the effort is put in. Employees that work very hard.
Pros
Stable company with a long history of operation
Cons
Physical work environment, market driven business
Great Job
PLANT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNDecember 26, 2017
Great job to have if you don't mind long hours. If the smell of dead pigs and turkeys don't bother you, its a great fit. Some days are harder than the others.
Pros
Easy
Cons
It smells
great learning environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 17, 2017
This is an excellent place to learn the electrical/ maintenance trades. There is always plenty to work on and always process improvement and upgrades going on.
Hard Physical work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 31, 2017
Not bad if you like hard physical labor and are up for a challenge. The people in the company are great to work with, free meals every now and then which are great. Company tries to look out for it's employee's.
co workers were awesome
Transportation Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WIJuly 23, 2017
to many chiefs and not enough Indians - t much management and not enough people to do the work. they eliminated my position and dumped it on two other people. I feel it was dumb to eliminate my position and othere shave stated that also to management.
Cons
to much management and only a few non management int the office
Smelly,dirty.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNJuly 6, 2017
Management was a joke. Learned a lot ,mostly hands on by myself. Fellow employees were the best part of the place. Plenty of overtime. Parts were controlled by an outside company onsite but they were organized and most of the time had what you needed.
Relaxed work environment
Transportation and Procurement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 27, 2017
Must have strong work ethic. Fun and relaxing environment to work, with great staff. Accuracy a must due to the impact of your work affecting a world rendering market on a daily bases.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Odor from rendering plant takes getting used to.
Poor work enviroment
Snorkel driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 5, 2017
I wouldnt waste my time with this place management is very two faced. Schedule changes with little to no notice and don't care about their employees at all.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Management sucks and they nitpick everything you do
If you need a job they will hire you..
Truck Utility (Current Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNDecember 31, 2016
I left my prev job of many years to come here a related field but like the Chris Brown song goes the grass ain't always greener on the other side. They lied about the pay shorted me a dollar because I did not get it in writting! They also demoted the manager and brought in a new one. Ben B. refused to have a meeting with myself the union rep HR and the old manager. The new manager barks orders over the radio during the day to anyone who him or those who sit in the office deem not immediately bending to his will with little or none of them have actually done those jobs. Or they did them a few years ago and think they remember how long it takes. No communication unless you have company email or work on a specific shift or you work with a particular person. It is by far the worst job I have had anagram balloon line in prison was more rewarding. If you need a job it is one they hire felons you can move up quick because the entry level positions do all the grunt work get burned out in a year or so and quit or switch to a less physically demanding job. There are great people to work with here but a few have ruined it for the group. My advice don't apply unless your a felon and your really in need of a job until they change some of their practices at the SSP, MN location in the plant at least Transportation and the Office are different try one of them.
Pros
Hire Felons, 15 or 16 starting wage, Room to move up fast
Cons
6 days a wk, lack of teamwork or trust, New GM
Worst job and company I have ever worked for
Driver (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WIAugust 4, 2016
The management and company lacks communication skills. There management turnover rate very high and so is drivers. The ones that think they can run this place in my opinion shouldn't be there and if I were the owner I would fire them. So i wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No communication and they don't care about anybody
Tallow/blending operator
Rendering (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 3, 2016
Not to bad of a place to work if you need the money other the. That there's nothing good to say about the place, the hours are long 6days a week an schedules constantly changing in short notice always been called in because people call in sick. Management sucks they all lie an are two faced they'll tell you what you wanna hear an turn around an do the opposite. Hard work is not awarded mostly all the ppl there with years of experience got it from not doing anything an Denis surprise is the worst supervisor to work for so watch out!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Ethics safety an management
na
Blending Operator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 31, 2016
7 day a week
how dog food is made
pays is good a lot of over time
if you are single preson this job will be the best for you if u like to work a lot that money is great
job
FEATHER PLANT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNDecember 16, 2015
well its a job. if you don't mind the smell and all the other things that come with the job it isn't so bad to work at. compensation wasn't the very best though
Sanimax
Electrical technician (Former Employee) –  green bay WIAugust 26, 2015
Once you got a past the slime it wasn't bad. The hardest part of the job was working through this. Also no stock room available at night to not get parts. Once again my days varied in what I worked on. Their I was also working with cameras and more Ethernet devices.
I would say the most enjoyable part was working with the night supervisor.
Communication between the maintenance department and management was lacking sometimes.
Good Place to work
Procurement Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  South St Paul, MinnesotaJune 22, 2015
Lots of interaction between business units and learning experiences. Fast paced work environment, good people to work with. Great culture and family values
Sanimax
Procurement Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAOctober 25, 2014
Unique business and model, but strong growth in future for recycling.
Don't work here!
Plant Utility (Former Employee) –  South St Paul, MNOctober 21, 2014
Honestly, this place the worst - don't work here! Most people quit within a week or two. Lack of smart management/leaders, safety and work life balance. They set people up to fail.

I can't stress enough that this place shouldn't even be open by OSHA standards. And the smell...just awful.

Watch out!!
Cons
Safety, no leadership, pay, smell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanimax. Our community is ready to answer.