Sanjel USA Employee Reviews

Team Environment
District Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJune 19, 2018
Each day was different, depending on the days activities such as if we had an orientation that would take up the majority of the day. Payroll was always a priority, along with benefits. The employees worked 15/7, so we would see each crew as they came in and would help with anything they needed. Each Wednesday, we had our safety meetings, mandatory for all. These meetings would review any incidents, potential hazards, upcoming jobs and recognition. The environment was one of team and each person would help the other. My biggest issue, was the crews turning in their logs for the week. I really enjoyed being a help to the crews and their families if needed.
Pros
Enjoyed the work and the interaction.
Cons
Filed for bankruptcy
Great company
Frac Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTJanuary 16, 2018
Great to work for. They really take care of their employees and their families. Gone from home a lot but well compensated. I highly recommend this company.
Dash for Cash
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  cibolo txJanuary 3, 2018
feast or famine type work. its oilfield. hard work and long hours but the money is there for the taking. had to work outta state but it was worth it..
They went bankrupt
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 17, 2017
This company is bankrupt they were in business for 35 years and made a lot of money had good health insurance it was a good place to work for but they are no longer a part of the United States Workforce anymore
Business closed
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TX 78108August 16, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about Sanjel. Great company, good pay. Away a little longer than I expected but that is the only downfall. Company closed down.
Productive,Steady,Family-Oriented
Crew Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80202May 7, 2017
Employed there as a Fracking Crew Driver and loved the training, routine, out of town assignments, great support from the main office when in need ,great benefits, steady assignments, free lodging at a man camp that had amenities, dining, laundry ,gym available 24 hours a day. Worked outdoors in the Fracking industry on a 24 hour operational schedule wherever in Texas and had opportunities to transfer to other states for assignments.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Sometimes only on 'standby' status, company went into bankruptcy
Great if they like you
Bulk Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTApril 18, 2017
Clickish work place environment. Proceed with caution. Some of the people were good people. 15 day on 6 off work schedule is nice for strong families and singles.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Cut throat workplace enviroments get extreme here
Very hard work. Not for everone
HIgh pressure pump opperater/CDL (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYMarch 15, 2017
Fast paced very safety orientated. Would advise anyone who likes to work hard and is responsible with important job duties to apply. Also awesome benefits.
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Until Sanjel sold the company it was a great place to work. Management was great and the work environment was fun and productive. The equipment was a little old but overall we kept up with maintaining all units.
Pros
Provided housing, per diem, great benefits and compensation
Cons
15/6 schedule was grueling at times
out of business
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  miles city montanaJanuary 13, 2017
was a great job while it lasted,too bad the oil market took a huge nosedive,and they coulden,t hang on.was really nice new equipment.
Pros
dirty hard work
Cons
unpredictable schedule
Other than Sanjel filing Chapter 15, great place to work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 26, 2016
My short time spent with Sanjel started out great but soon into my time there we were notified of Sanjel filing Chapter 15. Was not pleased I was hired under false pretenses.
Sanjel is a good place to work with.
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 4, 2016
Sanjel is a good place to work with. Good management and good pay. They supported full safety training. They assist what you need for the job.
Pros
Good safety training ang $$$$$
Cons
Longhourd
It was really good run
Cementing Lab Tech II (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJuly 6, 2016
I worked with Sanjel my last 4 years and I am so glad and happy to work with this company.
We have a good work environment and very good culture.
A great place to work
Hydraulic Fracturing Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJune 21, 2016
A very safety oriented company and a great place to work. Enjoyed working with all personnel. It was never a 'job' but an opportunity to learn and do something different everyday.
Pros
all good
Great Experience
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
I would continue working here for as long as I possibly could, however the oil and gas market and timing of growth on this company was too much.
Pros
Great People.
Cons
Lots of work.
good morale , enjoyed going to work
FIELD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Very good company , employee attitudes very positive , good pay and benefits, i would still be there if the market didnt get bad.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
working away from home 15 days straight
With the right attitude you can go far but....
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXNovember 19, 2015
Its an oilfield job and right now the industry is struggling. Its affecting their ability to grow so theres only so far you can go until the price of oil picks back up. Work life balance is rough because of the 15 on 6 off schedule but thats to be expecting when entering this kind of industry. Managment is great, with teh right attitude and a keen attention to detail they will learn to respect and listen to your opinion. Sanjel is still a new contender in the frac game so thyere still learning how to make it works for them. They probably have one of the best safety records industry wide. I dont have any thing negative to say albiet trivial vexes.
Pros
Family enviroment, you feel they care for you and your safety
Cons
Pay adn advancment is rough in a struggling indusrty
good company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXNovember 3, 2015
good company overall company is going through hard times due to price of oil. Good management team. You will spend more time with coworkers than with family. That is the hardest part of this job.
Pros
meals are covered
Cons
long long hours
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTOctober 22, 2015
Loved the work i was doing, working by myself and resposible for big amount of equipment in the middle of nowhere. The weather was the hardest part of the job.
Responsible for keeping our crews in the field and arehouses supplied with hte chemicals needed to complete our services.
CHEMICAL BUYER (Former Employee) –  Miles City MontanaOctober 19, 2015
I loved my job at Sanjel. The atmosphere was full of energy and the people were so positive and easy going. There are allot of responsibilities that came with the buyer position, failure was not a option, ever. The oilfield industry is very high paced and ever changing. One must be able to multi-task, work well under pressure, and be able to prioritize. Sanjel is a great company, unfortunately with the oil prices at an all time low, many companies in the industry have been forced to down size to continue to be profitable.
Pros
Constant challenges that had to be solved, supportive co-workers and vendors, and a company that provided opportunity to grow in your career.
Cons
To volitile becuase of the oil filed.